UFO base theory see bottom

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

paranoid friend of duke

UFO base theory see bottom

Post by paranoid friend of duke » Tue, 16. Mar 04, 13:58

Currently my working theoryof the UFO base, haphazardly arrived at with the assistance of other in previous thread "Salvage insurance -why the price difference", is as follows:

Firstly the ufo clearly has some affiliation with the goner since the ship code for the unknown object listed in the sector map has the letters gg as do the goner.

A seemingly unrelated fact is that the best buys locator reveals the average price of salvage insurance to be 560 cr when Goner Temple sells it for 3000 cr or so. This discrepancy can only mean that our valued sve game options are sold at another location. However doing the maths paradoxically required the price of salvage insurance at this other location to be -1880 cr.

However this is not as silly as it may seem, if the supposed UFO base in sector blackhole sun is as per the screenshot given by BrokenGame (url shown below), ie just a station core, then that only supports my theory. Nothing appears to be on the other side of the gate yet i suggest that to dock here would be to enter some sort of subspace or to travel via subspace (wormhole, blackhole whatever..). I suggest therefore that by some virtue of the teladi best buys locator's extreme sophistication, the cost of insurance here is calculated as the -1880. This is sound theory since everybody knows you can only do your maths in subspace in terms of i (sqrt of -1). Thus a product of sale prices in an averaging formula might appear as a -ve number. I don't know.. could a physicist/ mathematician/accountant among us polish this up.

Furthermore I hypothesize that -what else would the ufo be doing speeding around the universe but asessing insurance claims. I followed it once in my pegasus and it just went for hours around the universe in a big loop. Perhaps its inspecting to see whether insurance claims are fraugulent.

Main theory: This ufo base is a rear entrance for the Goner Temple and is used by the Chief insurance-claim assessor.

I swear, He screeams arrgh! if you kill him, try it.

The wise among you will know this is not a load of rot.

http://leehaines0.tripod.com/index.htm
Why do you dare contact me!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 16. Mar 04, 14:14

These screenshots appear to be exactly the same as the ones in this thread. Locking this to avoid too much duplication.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”