[MOD] Build Rahanas Hybrid in Shipyard - UPDATE - 13.1.2014 - Rahanas Hybrid M

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

[MOD] Build Rahanas Hybrid in Shipyard - UPDATE - 13.1.2014 - Rahanas Hybrid M

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 00:40

Prewords: I allow anyone to change and customize this mod, or to integrate it in other Mods (complete or in parts). The only condition is that i am informed before and i am mentoined in the Credits! Should i not actively develop this mod for more than four Weeks anyone can continue development without further questions or use it in its his own Projects. Solely the Credit Entry is mandatory!

Description: This Mod adds the two in the Gamefiles existing Hybrid Rahanas Models to the L Shipyards in Alb, DV and OL.

Download: see bottom

Plus-Version (BETA): This Variant additionally adds the new Rahanas Hybrid M(ixed), which is basically two Rahanas Hybrid glued together.
Pics: A B C D E F G Updated Pics V0.70: A B C D E
opinion of Alex from Egosoft:"very creative"
This Variant needs a certain procedure explained below to be removed from the savegame.
Download: asee bottom
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
For Updating and Uninstalling from Savegames a helper Programm is necesary which has to be extracted into the XR Main Folder (NOT in the Extensions), available here
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Uninstall-Procedure (also works for the previous Version):
-> you may not be on the Rahanas Hybrid in any of your Savegames (being nearby is fine, just not docked)
-> Backup your Savegames (although i make some too in a backup-folder, but they are overwritten without question)
-> install current Version of the Mod if not already done
-> install current Version of the aforementioned helper program if not already done
-> execute the uninstall.bat you find in the save-folder of the extension
-> when the Programm is finished close the Window (you can see a "done." almost at the bottom)
-> the Savegame is now free from this Mod.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Update-Procedure:
-> you may not be on the Rahanas Hybrid in any of your Savegames (being nearby is fine, just not docked)
-> Backup your Savegames (although i make some too in a backup-folder, but they are overwritten without question)
-> install current Version of the Mod if not already done
-> install current Version of the aforementioned helper program if not already done
-> execute the update.60.bat you find in the save-folder of the extension
-> when the Programm is finished close the Window (you can see a "done." almost at the bottom)
-> the Savegame is updated to the current Version.

I have made a package of all my older mods, so anyone whou wants to use this as reference: [ external image ]
Last edited by UniTrader on Sat, 11. Oct 14, 15:37, edited 8 times in total.
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Petroph
x4

Re: [MOD] Build Rahanas Hybrid in Shipyard

Post by Petroph » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 01:02

I made a topic the other day noticing that hybrid not for sale. You just made my day.

Azalrion
x4

Post by Azalrion » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 01:56

I'm pretty sure it is already for sale, I've found the multiple ware type rahanas before in DeVries.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 02:00

did you find it flying around or did you find it for building in the Shipyard? both are entirely diffrent things ^^

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Azalrion
x4

Post by Azalrion » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 02:07

In the shipyard, there are multiple docks, one has the different ware type rahanas, one has the multiple ware type.

Zippe
x4

Post by Zippe » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 04:10

Azalrion wrote:In the shipyard, there are multiple docks, one has the different ware type rahanas, one has the multiple ware type.
AFAIK, the multiple Wares Ship in DeVries Shipyard is the Scaldis.

Petroph
x4

Post by Petroph » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 05:11

Azalrion wrote:I'm pretty sure it is already for sale, I've found the multiple ware type rahanas before in DeVries.
Seeing as I live in Devries, Im pretty sure there isnt, unless your shipyard is more special then mine.

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 07:58

Azalrion wrote:I'm pretty sure it is already for sale, I've found the multiple ware type rahanas before in DeVries.
The Hybrid ware Rahanas is a plot only ship. No shipyards build it. They do build the non hybrid Rahanas though (energy, bulk. container, liquid). The Scaldis (XL ship) will transport all wares.
MOD XR Show Skills

Flying spaceships since 1993.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 12:14

just thought how to expand this Mod.. anyone seeing a point in building L Ships in the XL Yard? i think technically there is no problem, but i wonder if anyone would use it or if it just would lock up production capabilities..

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 13:29

Keep in mind you can just use construction ships as they have universal cargo space. Scaldis can carry all ware types but has limited storage depending on the ware type and costs a fortune.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 13:39

Baconnaise wrote:Keep in mind you can just use construction ships as they have universal cargo space. Scaldis can carry all ware types but has limited storage depending on the ware type and costs a fortune.
well, construction Ships and Scaldis are XL size, Rahanas are "only" L size, so you can build them easier (and you can build them simultaneous with CV or Scaldis )

Domattee
x4

Post by Domattee » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 14:25

How feasible would it be to make it so that you can choose which storage to have on your rahanas? So instead of the 6 presets the dealer would only have "Rahanas" and you select whether you want container/energy/bulk/liquid for the first and second cargo module.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 14:29

sadly without UI-Modding not really.. i have an idea how you could do it (abusing Surface Elements) but i have no idea how feasible that is.. and currently i have another Project as Main Project, this was just a 10min-quick-project ^^ (ok, took me longer that that because i didnt know where to look for the Shipyard offers.. but now that i know its possible in 10 minutes ^^)

seedee
x4

Post by seedee » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 19:38

haven't tested it yet, but looking at your wares.xml file,
doesn't it just overwrites the one in the cat/dat ?
there's no "add" xml thingy

(just plain wondering here)

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 19:43

its the simple method if you just want to add things directly under the root node ;) they are in this case simply merged ;) (or better in any case where no diff-xml is used, so some people have complications with "twin cues" in md when they assume the file is replaced)
Last edited by UniTrader on Sun, 24. Nov 13, 19:47, edited 1 time in total.

seedee
x4

Post by seedee » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 19:46

UniTrader wrote:its the simple method if you just want to add things directly under the root node ;) they are in this case simply merged ;)
ooooh didn't know it behaved like that now
it could be because of this that things i've tried didn't work at all for my replacements :')

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 06:56

UniTrader wrote:
Baconnaise wrote:Keep in mind you can just use construction ships as they have universal cargo space. Scaldis can carry all ware types but has limited storage depending on the ware type and costs a fortune.
well, construction Ships and Scaldis are XL size, Rahanas are "only" L size, so you can build them easier (and you can build them simultaneous with CV or Scaldis )
The problem with that is that you have to build 4 rahanas to get near the functionality of one construction ship. The construction ship is cheaper and faster to build no matter how you slice it. You can build one scaldis or one construction ship but again construction ship wins in every scenario besides subjective looks. It's the best mining/trading ship in the game and has no equal. The only reason to use any other ship is aesthetics.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 07:42

Baconnaise wrote:The problem with that is that you have to build 4 rahanas to get near the functionality of one construction ship. The construction ship is cheaper and faster to build no matter how you slice it. You can build one scaldis or one construction ship but again construction ship wins in every scenario besides subjective looks. It's the best mining/trading ship in the game and has no equal. The only reason to use any other ship is aesthetics.
with these Rahanas here just two ;) because one is Energy and Container, the other is Bulk and Liquid, and these two combined have similar spache of a CV (not sure about the pricex though, just oriented myself on the existing rahanas and made these a bit more expensive) - and as i said it does not block the construction of Scaldis or Rahanas, since both have diffrent size classes

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 07:58

I'm not criticizing the mod in any way just the way the ships are stats wise. I was completely thrown for a loop when I saw this mod. I figured it was more commonly known the construction ship is the ultimate jack of all trades. All for making the other ships more useful :).

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”