[MOD] Build Rahanas Hybrid in Shipyard - UPDATE - 13.1.2014 - Rahanas Hybrid M

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Burnstein
x4

Post by Burnstein » Thu, 9. Jan 14, 02:59

Vim Razz wrote:well done!

though I can't help but wonder what it must be like to have to destroy the jumpdrive on that thing for a boarding op... =p
I'm wondering the same thing. Moreover what happens when the turrets at the bottom of each of the glued ships starts to fire...

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Thu, 9. Jan 14, 03:21

no idea, but i have a reworked Version WIP where the things you mentoined are fixed ;) there is just one detail i am currently trying to improve before releasing/updating
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 13. Jan 14, 17:29

UPDATE PLUS-Version from 0.60 to 0.70

-> Diverse Details improved
---> Turrets pointing towards the inner side of the Ship removed
---> now only one Jump Tunnel Device in a reachable place
---> second Playerdock and Radar removed
---> grafical improvemente (removed the Clipping Error on the front Section ^^)
---> Improved Drone Pahts when loading/unloading (untested; feedback please :) )
---> more Turrets and Shields

-> Uninstall-Procedure created (works for previous Version, too; completely removes the Mod from the savegames)
-> Update-Procedure created (success feedback really needed; this procedure in general is new and will probably be used in many future mods)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
For Updating and Uninstalling from Savegames a helper Programm is necesary which has to be extracted into the XR Main Folder (NOT in the Extensions), available here
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Uninstall-Procedure (also works for the previous Version):
-> you may not be on the Rahanas Hybrid in any of your Savegames (being nearby is fine, just not docked)
-> Backup your Savegames (although i make some too in a backup-folder, but they are overwritten without question)
-> install current Version of the Mod if not already done
-> install current Version of the aforementioned helper program if not already done
-> execute the uninstall.bat you find in the save-folder of the extension
-> when the Programm is finished close the Window (you can see a "done." almost at the bottom)
-> the Savegame is now free from this Mod.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Update-Procedure:
-> you may not be on the Rahanas Hybrid in any of your Savegames (being nearby is fine, just not docked)
-> Backup your Savegames (although i make some too in a backup-folder, but they are overwritten without question)
-> install current Version of the Mod if not already done
-> install current Version of the aforementioned helper program if not already done
-> execute the update.60.bat you find in the save-folder of the extension
-> when the Programm is finished close the Window (you can see a "done." almost at the bottom)
-> the Savegame is updated to the current Version.

EDIT: i just noticed a serious mistake in the mod :S anyone who downloaded the update today please download again and simply overwrite :S thank you.. :)

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Endeavour79
x4

Post by Endeavour79 » Mon, 13. Jan 14, 22:34

FYI, the update tool doesn't work on Steam installation..

- path is not used correctly.. it,s trying to backup
...\Documents\Egosoft\X Rebirth\save
instead of
...\Documents\Egosoft\X Rebirth\RANDOMNUMBER\save

and even if you copy all saved to the "correct" folder, the XML-Patcher is throwing some errors..couldn't read them as the window closed to fast

Cheers, End

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 14. Jan 14, 01:51

ah, i should have mentoined that: Steam Cloud is not supported because it changes the saves back to their previous state when you start the Game. so even if i change it it wouldnt work. and finding a workaround for that is imo too much hazzle.

and when the Window is closing too fast there is definietly something wrong because i specifically looked up how not to close the Window when done.. normally it should stay open and print "done." in the 3rd-to-last line. where did you extract the additional Program to?

Endeavour79
x4

Post by Endeavour79 » Tue, 14. Jan 14, 04:58

I put the helper tool in the Xrebirth main folder and started the update60 batch as instructed.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 14. Jan 14, 05:39

cannt reproduce. i even deleted it here and did the whole downloading and installing procedure myself again in case something happened when uploading.
patching the version 0.60 test-savegame was succesful (Time of last change changed), patching the 0.70 test-savegame failed (no update time change; as expected) and the uninstall script worked for both afterwards. anyone else having this problem?

docwho83
x4

Post by docwho83 » Tue, 14. Jan 14, 06:33

UniTrader wrote:ah, i should have mentoined that: Steam Cloud is not supported because it changes the saves back to their previous state when you start the Game. so even if i change it it wouldnt work. and finding a workaround for that is imo too much hazzle.

and when the Window is closing too fast there is definietly something wrong because i specifically looked up how not to close the Window when done.. normally it should stay open and print "done." in the 3rd-to-last line. where did you extract the additional Program to?
work around for this is to turn steam cloud off. Tho I do not recall having issues with cloud while editing in notepad++. Only ask me if I would like to reload after saving the file again from within game. And I tend to keep NP++ open most of the time with a copy of my save open. just so I can pull information from it.

AC_Black
x4

Post by AC_Black » Wed, 15. Jan 14, 18:21

~S~

Yup turn the cloud saves off. I do not have the notepad open and it reinstalls the save BEFORE the edit. With it turned off, everything works just fine.

Excellent mod BTY Thank you :)
Honor is the Only thing to Hold True.

Value comes from the Space you have and what you make of what Space you got.

H.I.E.R.
Honesty, Integrity, Equanimity and Respect.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 15. Jan 14, 18:33

some comments if a Updated Rahanas M completely works would be great. i had to omit some IDs for the Patching File and i wonder if the Game generates them in that case (behavior i would expect) or does something weird (hopefully not ^^) - especially a comparision between a Patched one and a newly build One with the Patch would be great.. :)

docwho83
x4

Post by docwho83 » Mon, 27. Jan 14, 02:12

This was done with .70 version but not updated.

It comes up as an Rahanas M at shipyard but after built it comes up as Rahanas (trade window, clicked on, and properly owned) so I mod the files to fix

here is the fix code that would make it show as Rahanas (Mixed) in trade window and when clicked on the ship itself.

Now it comes up as Rahanas (Mixed).

units_size_l_kit_hybrid_q_macro.xml below for name to be Rahanas (Mixed)

Code: Select all

<identification name="{816001,101}" basename="{816001,103}" description="{816001,102}" unique="0" variation="{816001,104}" />
I try just to and the variation code to the M made the ship go missing. lol
find I just add a new line to the t and called in (Mixed)

<page id="816001" title="Ships" descr="Text for Ships" voice="yes">
 <t id="101">{20101,11703} {816001,104}</t>
 <t id="102">The Rahanas Mixed Freighter is one of the capital ships of the Rahanas line of vessels. Based on a 'Common Ground' design just like its siblings, this large vessel has only basic weapons and is neither very agile nor capable of fast acceleration.</t>
 <t id="103">{20101,11703}</t>
 <t id="104">(Mixed)</t>
</page>
</language>
Sorry just give you the text block from t to play with. As I mod id 101 and add id="104"

Have not put it in battle but looks nice trades fine. Have not shot up turret to see if they repair since still banging my head on wall for radar on the out side of my ship.

Only reason i did this was I built another Rahanas hybrid and i was not showing it variation tags. So while fixing the ship you start out with and the other one from you mod that can now be built.

<component ref="units_size_l_kit_hybrid_01" />
<properties>
<identification name="{20101,12501}" basename="{20101,12503}" description="{20101,12502}" unique="0" variation="{20106,3401}"/><!--(Bulk & Liquid\)-->

<component ref="units_size_l_kit_hybrid_02" />
<properties>
<identification name="{20101,12601}" basename="{20101,12603}" description="{20101,12602}" unique="0" variation="{20106,3501}"/><!--(Container & Energy\)-->
there are the code fixes for the other 2 as well since they will need to be modify anyway and other then pulling the whole file and sending with the mod I am not sure how to add just the variation code on to the line needed.
My Mods
RepairLasers Player controlled drone Also on steam
[Minefield] fell affliction minefield removed Also on steam
[Buildmodule] add research for buildmodule leak steals

dertien
x2

Post by dertien » Thu, 27. Apr 17, 12:43

This is a Great Mod that I have been using for quite a while now, but it seems to be broken with 4.00:

When the Rahanas is built and coming out of the shipyard even with the required crew on board (captain, engineer, defense off) the shields remain off when you target it and watch the monitor in the skunk.

Also when giving it an order to fly to a different zone, it simply won't fast-move. This happens while flying in the same zone and also when totally OOZ and following it on the map.

Any idea what could be causing this?

I installed and used the RahanasPlus version.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”