[X3 AP] repair at shipyard cant repair till full?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Merak
x3ap

[X3 AP] repair at shipyard cant repair till full?

Post by Merak » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 15:00

I have gotten Centaur gotten a bit of a bump on the painting (33% left of hull)(a pirate ospray and some novas zigged when I clearly said they should zag also those metal pieces they have leaving that have explosives on them I swear someone could have gotten hurt I tell you :) )

I want to repair it as i need it for the story and I like it to go making Money in it by fighting, i have about 1mil cr but it will not let me repair it further then 48 % is the repair limited by something else then cost? (reputation, needed "parts" for the repair or something like this?)

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 15:42

Repair is limited by cost.

Cost is as much as the price of the ship (9 mil for a Centaur).

So from 33% to 100% that's 67% of 9 mil = will cost you 6 million to repair to full.

In the repair window, you should see the price at the bottom right of the window. I bet you that you will have 0 credits left by the time you get that repair bar to the 48% mark.

I know the repair laser takes forever, but it's free repairs.

Or, hit the Boron or Teladi stock exchanges and turn your 1 million into 6 million. Might be faster than the repair laser.

Merak
x3ap

Post by Merak » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 16:11

A then i know i might do a stockechange run and see how i do or having a beerglass on ctrl and rent a movie then. Hey who said guys could not do two things at the same time?? 😆 lol

cobra mk2
x4

Post by cobra mk2 » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 22:49

ajax34isaid wrote:I know the repair laser takes forever, but it's free repairs.
I've always used the repair laser.
If we can repair for it free then it seems a waste of money to pay for it.
For an M6 i'd probably use the seta trick though.
"Out of the dirt, into the sky"

Merak
x3ap

Post by Merak » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 23:05

seta trick? (last game x game I played were reunion and I kind of sucked at that lol)

Edit I just googled it seems like I need to eject seta then eject my self, and get it with the suit :)

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 13:29

Eject SETA, collect it in your spacesuit, hold J while you're a firin' your repair laser.

Because frak paying that much for repairs.

cobra mk2
x4

Post by cobra mk2 » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 17:23

When doing those big repair jobs, you can jam a little bit of paper in between the 'ctrl' key and the key next to it and that will save you having to continuously press the fire button.
"Out of the dirt, into the sky"

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”