pirate ships with EMP?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ewok^

pirate ships with EMP?

Post by Ewok^ » Tue, 16. Mar 04, 15:07

Been attacking pirate ships with the aim to capture with variying success for a while now, just not i came accross a small group of 2 mandalys 1 orinoco, and 1 pirate ship. Easy meat i thought. But whenever i get close to the pirate ship it starts eminating some blue spherical waves... they completely toast my sheilds and components and then my hull. What the hell is it and how do i stop him using it?!

Magmus
x2

Post by Magmus » Tue, 16. Mar 04, 15:08

hes using a shockwave generator... so try to stay behind him... unless he has a rear ion if he does then use a M6 :D
Magmus
Novas caught - 502
Rank - Decorated Federal Hero of the UNCC
Title -

Enemy of AMG members (45 Points)

President of the MDC [Mag Defence Corp]

JackScratch
x2

Post by JackScratch » Tue, 16. Mar 04, 15:56

Yup Pirate Ships are finally equipping all the guns they are capable of on the new patch, which makes getting behind one risky.

Now you know why I preferred flying Pirate Ships myself. The guns it can equip are both powerful and versatile. Just be thankful they don't seem to be equipping PSGs and Ions on the front yet.

Magmus
x2

Post by Magmus » Tue, 16. Mar 04, 15:59

JackScratch wrote:Yup Pirate Ships are finally equipping all the guns they are capable of on the new patch, which makes getting behind one risky.

Now you know why I preferred flying Pirate Ships myself. The guns it can equip are both powerful and versatile. Just be thankful they don't seem to be equipping PSGs and Ions on the front yet.
WHAT!

omg u luck bastard... the pirates i fight have PSG's on the front and Ions on the back...

i cant take them in my M3 any more there to hard :lol:
Magmus
Novas caught - 502
Rank - Decorated Federal Hero of the UNCC
Title -

Enemy of AMG members (45 Points)

President of the MDC [Mag Defence Corp]

Holliday
x3

Post by Holliday » Tue, 16. Mar 04, 16:09

I ran into a couple pirate ships with PSG's in 1.2, but only a couple (out of hundreds). You can take them with a Nova, but you have to hurry.
Ne frustra vixisse videar

joebeard
x3

Post by joebeard » Tue, 16. Mar 04, 16:33

But the pirate ships are too damn but ugly to fly! Even the Bayamon is nasty, with it's horrid skull head. I wish they'd re-design the pirate cockpits. Xenon ships look pretty darn bad too :evil:

JackScratch
x2

Post by JackScratch » Tue, 16. Mar 04, 17:00

Yeah the cockpits of the pirate/xenon/goner ships drive me nuts. Like it would have killed them to get the readouts actually on the central panel instead of floating ugly above it.

But I still loved my pirate ship. That ship has the best rear turret angle/placement of any ship, and with a beta PSG equipped, it can hit things anywhere except directly in front of it. My favorite tactic was to 'encourage' an enemy (or herd of enemies) to chase me while the rear turret ripped them to shreds. Even with evasive flying the turret did all the work.

Squeeky
x2

Post by Squeeky » Tue, 16. Mar 04, 17:40

Pirate ships make good lil fast traders hehe :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”