HELP with Deploye Satellite Network

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mousejockey

HELP with Deploye Satellite Network

Post by Mousejockey » Thu, 28. Nov 13, 23:14

Hey guys,

I have Steam X3 Gold - 3 days old so it's current I believe. Currently playing the Terran start in X3:TC.

I am using discoverer to deploy satellites. I have the explorer mod on it and it's full of satellites.

Running the command works, except for 2 things:

1) It places satellites in systems that I have already placed one

2) I can't seem to figure out how to give it the proper co-ordinates

When I get to the sector screen to give co-ordinates, I want to tell it to place at 0,0 at 25km height. Is there any way to type those in manually because clicking on the grid does not seem to work. I can click on one access or the other, but not both... so I always seem to get my sats placed at 0,0 and 0km height where they will get destroyed easily.

I tried placing a satellite where I wanted, and then using that as the reference click when starting the deploy script, but again, all it does is place at 0km height.

I feel like I must be missing some fundamental part of entering the co-ordinates properly?

lothos
x3tc

Post by lothos » Thu, 28. Nov 13, 23:17

when you go to execute the command you'll get to choose a starting sector, when the sector map comes up use the numpad to move the cross hair and be sure to flip the axis to check vertical and then hit enter. Where you select the software will deploy a satellite in every sector you've visited in this same spot.

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Thu, 28. Nov 13, 23:23

Use the numberpad arrows ( 2,4,6,8 ) to move the map cursor around to the location you want. Press "i" to rotate the map 90 degrees so that you can set the vertical dimension.

if you want to use exactly the same position as an earlier sat layer's work, get the map cursor close to the satellite's location and press "Numpad 5" to lock onto the exact location of the current satellite.

If it's off by even just a little, then you will get multiple satellites going up but tbh it's not something to worry about. It's not a bug to get multiple satellites per sector -- some games you might want to put up a grid so that you can see all major traffic through a sector, for example.

Mousejockey

Post by Mousejockey » Fri, 29. Nov 13, 00:43

lothos wrote:when you go to execute the command you'll get to choose a starting sector, when the sector map comes up use the numpad to move the cross hair and be sure to flip the axis to check vertical and then hit enter. Where you select the software will deploy a satellite in every sector you've visited in this same spot.
Thank you!

The NUMPAD is what I was missing...

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Fri, 29. Nov 13, 05:52

I have a question about this. How does the game decide which sectors to deploy the satellites in?
The one time I used the command, it looked like the ship was dropping the sats in an expanding spiral from the designated sector. Once it ran out of sats to deploy, it parked itself in a station.
What would happen if I replenished its satellite inventory?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”