[MOD]Pimp my Skunk: textures overhaul

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Sun, 8. Dec 13, 14:43

nonnex wrote:Very nice work, I like your skill and style.
Any plans to pimp more then the skunk in the future?
Some of the interiors maybe but first i need to find how to asign different materials to the models because if i start doing this it will change Stations, Ships and god knows what else.

Raider480
x4

Post by Raider480 » Sun, 8. Dec 13, 21:15

Incredibly nice work!

rifter08
x4

Post by rifter08 » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 00:11

They look great, can't wait to see.
And i was kinda hoping that after the long torturous plot, (that i'm yet to finish) either HoA or RoC would be like, "Gee, thanks for saving the galaxy Ren, how about we overhaul that piece of crap you have little choice in flying". But unlike earlier X games rewards are quite thin.
Cheers.

Thurmonator
x2

Post by Thurmonator » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 15:03

Would it be possible to easily do an external overhaul only that would work with the bettercockpit mod?

Anyone gotten theirs to work with bettercockpit?

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 16:00

Thurmonator wrote:Would it be possible to easily do an external overhaul only that would work with the bettercockpit mod?

This mod work with Bettercockpits.I tested it myself after someone have problems with it.It turns out that the guy renamed i think the main PMS mod folder and because of that paths needed for the textures to load got messed up and the game can't find them.

TMC04
x3ap

Post by TMC04 » Wed, 18. Dec 13, 18:04

Hi ICO_hr
I'm having a problem with this mod. I don't know if it's related to me using a multi-monitor setup or not, but the problem I'm having is, when docked the inside of the ship and the crates on the dock are just grey textures. The loading ramp on the ship is fine, but the inside ie: walls and break room are grey.
When I'm in space and I walk to the back to see the crew everything looks great, it's just when I'm docked that the textures do not work...

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Wed, 18. Dec 13, 18:17

TMC04 wrote:Hi ICO_hr
I'm having a problem with this mod...
Only you and one other dude have this problem.I've tested basicaly everything that i can think of to reproduce it without any luck.I have no idea what cause this problem. :(

TMC04
x3ap

Post by TMC04 » Wed, 18. Dec 13, 18:35

Do you use multi-monitors?
I'm just wondering if it could be due to the resolution? I run 6060x1080.
I haven't tried it yet, but I will switch to one monitor at the native res and see what happens.

pinolatouca

Post by pinolatouca » Sun, 22. Dec 13, 04:07

When I'm in space and I walk to the back to see the crew everything looks great, it's just when I'm docked that the textures do not work...
same washed grey for me when docked, in graphic options switch shadder from low/normal to high, worked for me
Last edited by pinolatouca on Sun, 22. Dec 13, 04:14, edited 1 time in total.

pinolatouca

Post by pinolatouca » Sun, 22. Dec 13, 04:13

Thurmonator a écrit:
Would it be possible to easily do an external overhaul only that would work with the bettercockpit mod?

This mod work with Bettercockpits.I tested it myself after someone have problems with it.It turns out that the guy renamed i think the main PMS mod folder and because of that paths needed for the textures to load got messed up and the game can't find them.
experienced the same, my mistake was for me to download only the update without the 30mo mod...
result was missing texture.

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Sun, 19. Jan 14, 22:45

Update_3:
Added PMS_OC separate mod as main file download.

Please check OP for info or just click the first link(picture) in my signature. :)

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Mon, 20. Jan 14, 13:22

Confirming that high shader setting needed for the textures to display when landed on my machine (geforce 550ti latest release drivers). Low and normal settings no textures from PMS display when landed in back room, only showing in space.

Aside from this tiny issue, beautiful work Ico_hr. Thanks very much :)
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Mon, 20. Jan 14, 16:21

Yorrick i've tried some things but no luck so far.The only thing i can do is to add optional file with vanilla size textures for the back of the ship for everyone who play on medium and low. :(

Altemann

Post by Altemann » Tue, 21. Jan 14, 20:31

nice shiny version but ..... military is better!

just my advice, for the military version I suggest a little dirty :wink:

bioscmos303
x4

Post by bioscmos303 » Tue, 26. Dec 17, 00:15

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”