[MOD]Pimp my Skunk: textures overhaul

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TheRealBix
x4

Post by TheRealBix » Thu, 5. Dec 13, 19:11

Lc4Hunter wrote: Can you maybe also make a "dark" skunk? You know, black is good. More black ist much better and so on :D
Black with wome read parts... would be awesome :D
With some leds and watercooling inside too ? xD

redshift690
x4

Post by redshift690 » Thu, 5. Dec 13, 19:50

Congratulations ICO_hr! These are very nice quality textures! Thank you for your time and effort in making Xr so much better! :D

spartanheyho

Post by spartanheyho » Thu, 5. Dec 13, 20:11

Debug text for your mod after starting new free-play game:

Code: Select all

[General] ======================================
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/materiallibrary/collection[@name='player']/material[@name='player_hulls_01']/properties/property[@name='diffuse_detail_map']' in patch file 'extensions\Pimp_My_Skunk\libraries\material_library'. Skipping node.
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/materiallibrary/collection[@name='player']/material[@name='player_trims']/properties/property[@name='diffuse_detail_map']' in patch file 'extensions\Pimp_My_Skunk\libraries\material_library'. Skipping node.
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/materiallibrary/collection[@name='player']/material[@name='player_tech']/properties/property[@name='diffuse_detail_map']' in patch file 'extensions\Pimp_My_Skunk\libraries\material_library'. Skipping node.
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/materiallibrary/collection[@name='argon']/material[@name='ar_hulls_02']/properties/property[@name='diffuse_detail_map']' in patch file 'extensions\Pimp_My_Skunk\libraries\material_library'. Skipping node.

FuzzyLogic
x4

Post by FuzzyLogic » Thu, 5. Dec 13, 20:12

:thumb_up: Great work :thumb_up:

Now we really need outside viewpoints in the game!

X2return
x4

Post by X2return » Thu, 5. Dec 13, 20:43

Hi ICO_hr,
I agree with that - a dark Skin could be funny.

Your actual shiny version isn't working at my configuration. Any ideas why?

X Rebirth 1.18 Beta + following MODs
- 5k Scan Range 0.3 (Tyrant597)
- Better Cockpit 0.5 (OlDav54)
- Better Highway alphas 1.0 (Nebogloee)
- Helpful Directions 0.25 (Swallen)
- Manual Command 0.12 (Jack08)
- No Fog 0.2 (enenra)
- Reduced Masstraffic 0.3 (enenra)
- Remove Boarding Cutscene 1.01 (koronus)
- Remove Detail monitor Animation 1.02 (koronus)
- Run 1.0 (Gazz)
- Show Skills 1.0 (StormMagi)
- Smart Miner 0.4 (Felrasha)
- Warning System 1.3 (Azalrion)
- Young Females 0.1 (FED)

I think Better Cockpit could be a problem but imho it just changes the cockpitview, not Stations. Some Screens:

Cockpit missing steering

Interior, Cups & Monitor

Interior 01

Interior 02

Interior to Station

Station

Any ideas? Thank you
X2return

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Thu, 5. Dec 13, 20:45

spartanheyho wrote:Debug text for your mod after starting new free-play game:
Yep i redirect it to use one texture instead of two which in my case is blank 32 pixels texture, in other words i dont use any of these durt textures, i just need something to be in the material slot. :)

Does this brake something in game or just the engine complains that paths are different? :?

TheRealBix
x4

Post by TheRealBix » Thu, 5. Dec 13, 20:45

X2return wrote: I think Better Cockpit could be a problem
That's it :)

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Thu, 5. Dec 13, 20:57

X2return wrote:Your actual shiny version isn't working at my configuration. Any ideas why?
For some reason the game doesnt want to load the textures.Disable Better Cockpit mod and see if there is any difference.If this doesnt fix the problem disable all other mods.Also download some of the other versions(Vanilla or military) and try with them and post here if there is any difference.

This is frakin weird. :o

EDIT: I will download No cockpit mod to see if its doing something to materials.

spartanheyho

Post by spartanheyho » Thu, 5. Dec 13, 20:59

Just debug text crapola stuff. Obviously its not a problem but just wanted to make sure. Moving on.

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Thu, 5. Dec 13, 21:17

spartanheyho wrote:Just debug text crapola stuff. Obviously its not a problem but just wanted to make sure. Moving on.
Btw do you know how can i remove them completely? Because almost 1/4 of the code in the material.xml is used for replacing diffuse_detail_maps with blank texture.I want to remove them from the material.Also the game should run better in theory without extra textures and material instructions.

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 00:47

Update_1:
Fixed messed up name entries in some materials thanks to Spartanheyho.It wasnt something important that brake the game but just for any case.

OP updated.

X2return
x4

Post by X2return » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 00:58

ICO_hr wrote:... download some of the other versions(Vanilla or military) and try with them and post here if there is any difference.
I did ... For testing i removed all MODs and startet a new Save - no Change.
I uninstalled the Game and all files and redownloaded the Game with steam v1.18 (no more Beta) - a new save - again.

1st I tried the military version + your Update 1.1
Then i removed it and tried the shiny version + Update 1.1 - no difference.

Greetz
X2return

MetalDestroyer
x3

Post by MetalDestroyer » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 01:20

Is there a way to get for cockpit/internal ship texture from the shiny, and for the hull texture from the military ?

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 01:24

X2return, post screenshots from the cockpit,back part of the ship and the hull when you're land on a platform without any other mods that change textures.I want to see exactly which textures doesnt want to load.Do this with all tree versions, don't restart the game, just ALT+TAB and replace the files.Dont restart the game.

Also when you replace the mod files for third time ALT+TAB again and delete this folder: Pimp_My_Skunk\assets\textures\player\ship ...and take screens again.

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 01:29

MetalDestroyer wrote:Is there a way to get for cockpit/internal ship texture from the shiny, and for the hull texture from the military ?
Yes, use the shiny version as base mod, than copy this folder: Pimp_My_Skunk\assets\textures\player\ship ...from military version and replace it in the main mod(shiny). :)

EDIT:
Ship folder contain hull files and some for the back of the ship.
Cockpit folder contain all cockpit textures and some for the back.

You can change them with any version it doesnt matter,file structure,number of textures and material library files are all the same in every version, just the information inside the texture files is different.You can change even single textures it will still work without problems, you dont even need to restart the game to see the differences.

Thurmonator
x2

Post by Thurmonator » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 05:52

I tried deleting the cockpit folder and deleting any references to cockpits in the material library file and just kept the ship folder but it didn't work . I'm running better cockpit and I was looking for a workaround but that doesnt seem to be it.

X2return
x4

Post by X2return » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 10:23

Hi ICO,
as you told me, i tried once more. Its the only installed MOD and it works (Mainfolders name was the problem). I have to restart the game every time i change the MOD - there were no differences just overwriting the files with [Alt] + [Tab] and walking to cockpit or dock anywhere, not even reload the savegame.

It seems to me that you included the name of the main folder in your texture-pathes. I just extracted the MOD to its destination and it worked. If i rename the folder made in Extensions from "Pimp_My_Skunk" to any other, it stops working.
In my Extensionsfolder i prefer names like "PMS Shiny 1.0 +Up1.1 (ICO_hr)" like it works for most other MODs so far (excepting "RS_Stars" & "Nebulawolfes Yisha Mod").

Thank you very much for your support - perhaps i should do an exeption in renaming my extensions mainfolders with version number and author. I will now try to run your MOD together with "Better Cockpits"
btw. I'm wondering why you made a PMS vanilla version ... it seems there's no difference between vanilla and PMS vanilla, is there?

X2return

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 12:48

Thurmonator wrote:I tried deleting the cockpit folder and deleting any references to cockpits in the material library file and just kept the ship folder but it didn't work . I'm running better cockpit and I was looking for a workaround but that doesnt seem to be it.
This is how mod path should look like: STEAM/SteamApps/common/X Rebirth/extensions/Pimp_My_Skunk/....

Btw i should add this in the description. :)
X2return wrote:If i rename the folder made in Extensions from "Pimp_My_Skunk" to any other, it stops working.
In my Extensionsfolder i prefer names like "PMS Shiny 1.0 +Up1.1 (ICO_hr)" like it works for most other MODs so far (excepting "RS_Stars" & "Nebulawolfes Yisha Mod").
Its intended to work that way.Mostly because when is loaded ones in the game you can change it with different version of the mod on the fly without editind save files or game restarts.It replace only textures after all.Another reason is that i dont want to create more convoluted instalation because alot of people are not that tech savy or they just want the game to work and this is the simplest way...extract the mod in Extensions, if you want to change the mod version replace everything from the main folder and you're done.Also this ensures that no one will ever need to open the main mod folder and by accident changing something.

Btw maybe i should add read_me file that contains what version is the mod+ instalation notes.I didnt do it because i know alot of people doesnt read these things. :)

EDIT:Mate i understand what you want.I didnt know till now that this is posibble.I'll re-upload the files without the main mod folder in ''Material_Library.xml'' :)

EDIT_2: Nope,I tested it and this doesnt work when game assets are changed(Textures,meshes,sound files). The folder names and structure needs to be exactly the same in my case with ''Material_Library.xml'' paths. Sorry mate you cannot change it if you want these mods to work.

Or just i dont know how to... :?
X2return wrote:Thank you very much for your support - perhaps i should do an exeption in renaming my extensions mainfolders with version number and author. I will now try to run your MOD together with "Better Cockpits"
You need to edit ''Material_Library.xml'' with the new paths if you rename any of the folders.
X2return wrote:btw. I'm wondering why you made a PMS vanilla version ... it seems there's no difference between vanilla and PMS vanilla, is there?

X2return
Take some screenshots with and without the mod and you will see. :)

freesoul
x4

Post by freesoul » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 22:07

Hi Ico,
very good work, i like the military look of the Skunk.
But i have some texture problems in the room with the ramp and the lounge area.
If i go in the back while in flight, the textures work fine.
But when I docked at a station, the textures doesn't work.
Only the texture of the hull is okay.

I don't know what's happened. The mod is correctly installed.

Can you help? Does anyone have the same problem?

freesoul

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 23:13

freesoul wrote:If i go in the back while in flight, the textures work fine.
But when I docked at a station, the textures doesn't work.
Only the texture of the hull is okay.
Upload some screenshots please.Also did you change something in the mod like folder names or files?

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”