the mobile drilling system

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lonkut

the mobile drilling system

Post by Lonkut » Wed, 17. Mar 04, 03:16

1. Which ship accepts the mobile drilling system and ore collector?
2. And whats the diference among the argon buster S, L, and M apart from the price?
3. And can i built and/or own a shipyard?
4. How do I sell a ship or its equipment? Because sometimes it tells me 'item not bought'.
5. Can I sell/get rid of a station?
Last edited by Lonkut on Wed, 17. Mar 04, 03:42, edited 4 times in total.

slattsmunster
x2

Post by slattsmunster » Wed, 17. Mar 04, 03:17

you cant build shipyards the different versions indicate how well equipped it is
Some mofos are always trying to ice skate uphill

Lonkut

Post by Lonkut » Wed, 17. Mar 04, 03:19

so the higher the price the better equiped?

slattsmunster
x2

Post by slattsmunster » Wed, 17. Mar 04, 03:27

yeah with sheilds and weapons just press I over the selected ship to c wot it has
Some mofos are always trying to ice skate uphill

BobVila

Re: the mobile drilling system

Post by BobVila » Wed, 17. Mar 04, 03:45

Lonkut wrote:1. Which ship accepts the mobile drilling system and ore collector?
2. And whats the diference among the argon buster S, L, and M apart from the price?
3. And can i built and/or own a shipyard?
4. How do I sell a ship or its equipment? Because sometimes it tells me 'item not bought'.
1) The Teladi, Split, and Parinid TS class ships can all mount a mobile drilling system. The Argon TS class ship can NOT mount a mobile drilling system. Also, all TL class ships can mount a mobile drilling system.

2)The S,M, and L designation tells you what equipment comes on the ship. For example, while an S Buster may come with a 1mw shield and no weapons an L Buster will come with 3*5mw shields and the best weapons that it can mount. Alternatively, you can also press "I" when the ship that you want to know about is highlighted (in the buy ships menu at the shipyard)

3)No, sadly players cannot own shipyards.

4)If you want to sell a ship you have to dock it at either a shipyard or a mini-shipyard (wharf, dry-dock, ect.). There will be an option to sell your ship if, and only if, you are not in that ship (remember, you must be in a seperate ship to sell one). As for the equipment most can be sold at equipment docks, however, take note, ship upgrades cannot be sold! So be careful when buying upgrades.

5)Regrettably the only way that you can get rid of a station is to destroy it once you have the firepower (A fully maxed out Argon Centaur should do the trick nicely). (In other words you can not sell or move it) However, you can stop and remove all of its transport ships and tell it not to trade with other races, this will effectivly stop the factory from doing anything.

Hope that helps, good luck.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 17. Mar 04, 04:52

4)If you want to sell a ship you have to dock it at either a shipyard or a mini-shipyard (wharf, dry-dock, ect.). There will be an option to sell your ship if, and only if, you are not in that ship (remember, you must be in a seperate ship to sell one). As for the equipment most can be sold at equipment docks, however, take note, ship upgrades cannot be sold! So be careful when buying upgrades.
Technically, you can sell a ship without being in another one. After docking, eject from the ship and redock in your spacesuit. Then trade with the station and sell your ship. It would be a good idea to have enough cash to buy another ship though. Spacesuits don't move too fast. :P
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Lonkut

Post by Lonkut » Wed, 17. Mar 04, 05:59

THNX. I had another prob with the Argon Mammoth. I tryed to dock it but it just would move around, is it supposed to move like that because is slow or what?
And how long do i have to wait before an equipment dock is restocked with the equpment?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 17. Mar 04, 09:02

Lonkut wrote:THNX. I had another prob with the Argon Mammoth. I tryed to dock it but it just would move around, is it supposed to move like that because is slow or what?
And how long do i have to wait before an equipment dock is restocked with the equpment?
It should dock quite happily with the shipyard if you've hired it and told it to dock there. It's possible there are stations getting in the way and making it hard for it to dock, though.

Equipment docks get their stock the same way any other factory in the X universe does--by sending out ships to get it. Therefore you have to wait for its ship to reach whatever place it's buying from and get back. In almost all cases it'd be quicker to just find out where that ship is going to get its stock and then get there ahead of the equipment dock's ship!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”