Need to ID some mods...

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Etyneo
x4

Need to ID some mods...

Post by Etyneo » Wed, 4. Dec 13, 21:18

So I've been away from X3AP for awhile and am preparing to come back to it. I've wiped my old install, reinstalled clean, and have put the newest XRM in (I was running XRM 1.24 previously). I'm presently reviewing the mods I used to use and seeing if they have been updated or superseded by newer mods.

Going through my X3 downloads folder (where I download mods before installing them), I have some mods I can't identify, nor have I been able to find a meaningful reference to them on these forums.

I'm gonna start listing filenames and give an impression of what sort of mod they are from any readme or changelogs contained therein. Hopefully some around here can help me to identify what they are, what they do, and whether there's an updated version.
  • MK3_Opt_1.8.70.rar - This seems to have something to do with trading. It's changelog mentions a blacklist and other trade related things. Many of the scripts in the scripts folder contain "autotrade" in their filenames, no ".
  • FDNL-V1-28.06.2010.spk - This came in a zipfile, but has no documentation and no description viewable in the package installer.
  • Pure X v2.zip - This seems to contain loading screens, dds files, and stuff in an L folder.
Any assistance would be appreciated.

Edit: Managed to ID Pure X as the Pure X HUD now v6. Also...where are the tags to mark text with the Strikethrough formatting...*shakefist*

Edit 2: I think the FDNL is the Logain Industries Freight Disribution Network which has now been updated to v7.2.
Last edited by Etyneo on Wed, 4. Dec 13, 21:55, edited 2 times in total.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Need to ID some mods...

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 4. Dec 13, 21:29

Etyneo wrote:
  • MK3_Opt_1.8.70.rar - This seems to have something to do with trading. It's changelog mentions a blacklist and other trade related things. Many of the scripts in the scripts folder contain "autotrade" in their filenames, no ".
i remember a user called gnasirator or something who made a Trading Software MK3 optimisation - maybe this helps you?
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Etyneo
x4

Re: Need to ID some mods...

Post by Etyneo » Wed, 4. Dec 13, 21:35

UniTrader wrote:
Etyneo wrote:
i remember a user called gnasirator or something who made a Trading Software MK3 optimisation - maybe this helps you?
It might indeed, I'll go have a search for it. Any idea if there's newer or more useful mods that do similar things?

Edit: That was it exactly, and there's a newer version here.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”