CLS doing my nut in

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jondonnis

CLS doing my nut in

Post by jondonnis » Wed, 4. Dec 13, 23:02

I've tried to follow various guides but none are idiot proof or setup how I wanted mine stations to run or how I thought it worked.

I can either get my ship at a station to go out and collect energy cells and not sell the product or get it to sell the product but when energy runs out, it never bothers to go and collect more I just get "CAG on Standby"

Can anyone point to simple, easy, setup guides for this?

Timsup2nothin

Re: CLS doing my nut in

Post by Timsup2nothin » Wed, 4. Dec 13, 23:54

jondonnis wrote:I've tried to follow various guides but none are idiot proof or setup how I wanted mine stations to run or how I thought it worked.

I can either get my ship at a station to go out and collect energy cells and not sell the product or get it to sell the product but when energy runs out, it never bothers to go and collect more I just get "CAG on Standby"

Can anyone point to simple, easy, setup guides for this?
Well, in the title you said CLS but then you said "CAG on standby" so I'm not sure what to help you with. If you do need CLS help and none of my guides fit leave a question in one of the threads for them and I will help you.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

jondonnis

Post by jondonnis » Thu, 5. Dec 13, 00:10

I've sat and just read the manual that comes with the patch. Understood a bit more what I was looking for. Then tested, now got it working.

I think the issue is I wasn't sure if it was CLS or CAG I needed.

I now realise "Start Commerical Representation" is CAG and what I needed.

The setting up of it was the confusing bit. The manual helps only a little.

This helped bit more

http://www.x3wiki.com/index.php/Commercial_Agent

The key points I find are the following:

Once trained the pilot up choose Commerical Represention

On Wares List add (in my example ore and energy cells). I also change Ware list Type to Trade List (don't know if I need to).

In the Trade Duties (this is where the manual fails as it doesn't explain the settings for each option). Make sure Trade Duty is set to Trader (normally is default). Then I set the Purchase Resource to 30%. That controls the amount of energy cells the ship goes out and buys as I found I was waiting ages because it was trying to almost fully fill the station with cells.

Once that was done I sat and watched it. I think one of my main issues was, I monitoring everything from Property Owned which I feel, doesn't give accurate info on what the ship is doing.

So I sat and watched the ship on the map.

Now appears to be working. Finally! Was driving me nuts.

sinsaint

Post by sinsaint » Thu, 5. Dec 13, 09:09

I had a similar problem. Kept using CLS and wondering why I couldn't tell it to buy at best price or something like that.

On larger complexes, I find it's a lot easier to force ships to have specific goods to work with rather than all of them. Makes it a lot easier to maintain.

You can do this by changing their trade duties to Shopper (can only buy) or Salesman (can only sell) or by changing their wares. Blacklisting wares forces them to ignore those wares, or you can use the alternate setting to force them to only work with a select few goods.

Merak
x3ap

Post by Merak » Thu, 5. Dec 13, 10:16

so if i want my TS to handle Selling and buying of energy and ore on the same station i want to use CAG have i understood this correctly?

blackfire83
x4

Post by blackfire83 » Thu, 5. Dec 13, 17:23

Merak wrote:so if i want my TS to handle Selling and buying of energy and ore on the same station i want to use CAG have i understood this correctly?
Yes, indeed. I find CAGs will do most of what you want unless you are specifically transferring goods between stations that you own.
Count the bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums...

X3:TC - Battlemaster, Master Industrialist

jondonnis

Post by jondonnis » Thu, 5. Dec 13, 20:35

Merak wrote:so if i want my TS to handle Selling and buying of energy and ore on the same station i want to use CAG have i understood this correctly?
Yes.

I know mine is working now as I went to the edge of the sector I was in so I wouldn't get scanned and left it running all day while I was at work. Each station made a few million.

jondonnis

Post by jondonnis » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 00:17

http://youtu.be/cD-HCL3sDFc

A video I've done so I don't forget, hence I don't do any voice over for it, just for my notes.

Basically shows purchasing of a factory, laying it down and setting up a CAG for it. Probably a lot of errors people will spot but I'm new to this and it works and might help someone brand new getting a CAG to work.

First the trader wouldn't head out and I think it was because I hadn't given the station money. Instead of training up the trader, it seems you can start them from the off, from your factory, making sure it's their home home. So while they are trading they are learning. Before I had a discoverer running round 4 waypoints, because they can train from just flying and docking, then I'd transfer the pilot. Now I just run the trader straight away as appears to work.

Anyway. The Property Owned screen gives misleading info I believe, because when the new CAG starts working it states "Buying 0 blah blah". But I find when they eventually get to the location to buy whatever, they then change this figure.

But all seems to work. Might help others.

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 00:23

Correct -- the CAG wont "lock in" it's decision to buy until it gets there in case the price changes or something while it's on the way. So it will sometimes display as "buying 0 wares" or whatever, but it's working fine.

Merak
x3ap

Post by Merak » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 10:23

i have done as the video shows but for some reason i cant sell any ore? i have full stock on or and energy but no out the only thing it does is cost Money and the stations around do need ore.

(to level up my trader i set it to sector trader untill lv 2 and then changed to cag )
When i changed the order to cag it just stay in the "home" oremine and the current order states "none" i have checked the video and made the Changes according to the video, when doing it (i wrote them down is i have a bad memory :) ) the only diffrens is that this TS i have does not have a jumpdrive could that be the issue? or is it something else i have done wrong? i can provide screenshots or anything else you might want when i get home.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 16:54

Merak wrote:i have done as the video shows but for some reason i cant sell any ore? i have full stock on or and energy but no out the only thing it does is cost Money and the stations around do need ore.

(to level up my trader i set it to sector trader untill lv 2 and then changed to cag )
When i changed the order to cag it just stay in the "home" oremine and the current order states "none" i have checked the video and made the Changes according to the video, when doing it (i wrote them down is i have a bad memory :) ) the only diffrens is that this TS i have does not have a jumpdrive could that be the issue? or is it something else i have done wrong? i can provide screenshots or anything else you might want when i get home.
Advancement to level 2 in the sector traders union does not advance a CAG. CAG and CLS levels are interchangeable, but ST/UT level is a separate system.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

jondonnis

Post by jondonnis » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 20:21

With the training, I just set them to run in a CLS Start External Commodity Logistics and go them just to go to 4 stations, stopping then going to the next one extra. Because just flying about trains them.

However, now with my CAGS, I just start them off on the station, set it as their home, set up the CAG as in the video and then leave them. Eventually they run out. Have you made sure you clicked

Start Commercial Agent

Once you'd set it up? Have you given the station money? I also put the products down 1 credit below the avg price it gives. Seems to get the AI coming in.

MOH_Skid
x3tc

Post by MOH_Skid » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 23:04

If you are starting untrained CAGs at your complex, be aware that they will only *buy* supplies for the complex. They will only begin to sell wares after they have leveled up. If you pre-stocked your new complex with energy cells and ore (for example), your new untrained CAG will have nothing to do... nothing to buy, unable to sell (and no profitsss).

Setting up a CAG trainee system using a small fleet of Discoverers running the loop around the Argon Prime area is pretty easy and a good idea.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 00:12

Just have to put in my standard objection.

Paying trainee pilots to fly around accomplishing nothing is inherently less good than paying trainee pilots to fly around making profits.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”