Price modifiers ? (Update : mod included)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Price modifiers ? (Update : mod included)

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 21:23

Hi,

Can someone explain how price modifiers 1 and 2 works in the X3 editor ? I'm trying to increase the difference that can exist between low-quantity prices and high-quantity prices, to have better trading opportunities.

Thanks.
Last edited by Joubarbe on Thu, 12. Dec 13, 10:55, edited 1 time in total.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 8. Dec 13, 13:05

Pleeeaaasse :(

I did some test but I encountered negative numbers and strange behaviors. A lot of tutorials say "do some tests by modifying numbers" ; well, ok, but I'm pretty sure someone knows how it works exactly :)

kero3189

Post by kero3189 » Sun, 8. Dec 13, 20:44

Basically the price modifer determines the difference between the minimum and maximum price of wares.

Price Modifier 1

Is the price variation if its a PRIMARY resources/product. 0 would imply a 0% fluctuation, 30 would mean 30% (ie 70-130%), and 100 would be 0-200% of the average price.

Price Modifier 2

applies to secondary resources

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 8. Dec 13, 20:50

Thanks kero3189.

100 is the maximum ? Maybe that's why I had negative numbers...
So what I need to do what I want is just put a higher value everywhere ?

kero3189

Post by kero3189 » Sun, 8. Dec 13, 20:57

I'll be completely honest. I'm not sure what the max percent of change is you can have. Changing the Values of each individual item would be daunting to say the least. On a global scale for opening up trade I dont think you'd have to go past 150% to get a wide array of trading offers on the high and low end. I guess if your in the file changing the price modifiers you could bump the prices. I'd recommend making a table though to try and keep track of the net gain or NPC could become too rich lol. You could super charge the economy.

PS. I sent you a private message.

kero3189

Post by kero3189 » Thu, 12. Dec 13, 03:47

Hey just wanted to check in with you and see how things are going with your project? Did you make any progress with the price modifiers?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 12. Dec 13, 10:33

Yes it works fine. I've just increased the Price Modifier 1 for 20% for common wares and doubled it for missiles (that doesn't mean that prices are 20% or 100% higher. Things are much more complex, but at least, the difference between low quantity prices and high quantity prices is higher). Shields and lasers are unchanged.

If someone is interested, it can be downloaded from here.

There are now better trading opportunities and salvaging makes a bit more money (without being as crazy as in X-Rebirth :) ). The files I have edited are from XRM 1.30d.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”