USC M0 - Help With Scene File

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

kero3189

USC M0 - Help With Scene File

Post by kero3189 » Sun, 8. Dec 13, 19:41

Howdy guys,

I'm trying to find some information on Scene File Tutorials. I'd like to start off saying that this is my first ship and I've just started working in 3ds max. Right now I have my ship (roughly) built that I want to add to the game (Photo Below). I just need to create a Scene File. I've read that you need to add a camera view (cockpits/turrets). As of right now I'm not sure how to do that in 3ds max (I partially understand the DBOX 2 exporting). I dont know how to create the camera object and I've read a slew of material on scene files and I'm unable to find a nice walkthough. Any help would be awesome =]

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

I'd like to test the ship out and see how it performs before I continue Make the last changes to include a single animated front mounted gun (Anti Capital Ship)

Post by Guest » Sun, 8. Dec 13, 21:39

... i´m not an Xpert, frankly i never worked with 3dsmax, but i know how to add turrets & cockpits
... by "try-N-error" i´d first append some entries in TShips and connect them to the scene-entries i´d make afterwards
... them i´d look at the ship model in X3modelsviewer
--> if the turret / cockpit is on the right position / rotation, everything is fine
--> if not, change position / rotation & repeat :P

example: rear-turret of Argon Nova
======================================================================================
P 28; B ships\props\cameradummy; C 2; N Bships\props\cameradummy_2; b
{ 0x2002; -0; -1273; -5686; 0.500000; 0.000000; 1.000000; -0.000000; -1; -1; } // -1
======================================================================================

... if you take a look in TShips\Argon Nova -> turrets, you find ´´scene node index = 28´´
=> that´s the 28th line in the scene file (P 28.)

... in TShips\turrets (not in the "guns" menu) there are listet all cameras the ship needs (1 for every turret + 1 main camera)
... under each cam there are listed the turret models, and each turret model needs an Xtra line in the scene file

P 9; B ships\props\turretdummy; C 2; N Bships\props\turretdummy_2; b
{ 0x2002; 13; -1211; -2666; 0.500000; 1.000000; 0.000000; 0.000000; -1; -1; } // -1

... in TShips you´ll find the number 9 (= P 9), which links the turret model to the camera (P 28.)
... the red marked texts are paths to the cam model & turret model (without "\objects\")
... the yellow marked numbers are the positions of cam & turret model (x,y,z)
(if you´re sitting in the ship, +x goes to the right, +y goes up, +z goes front)

... the lime colored numbers are the rotations of cam & turret
=> the first of the 4 numbers is a multiplier, the other 3 numbers are the weighted direction of the rotation (= a little bit complicated :?:)

... in this example (turret scene line)
--> 0,5 means ´´a half rotation´´
--> 1,0 means ´´full rotation over x-axis´´
--> 0,0 means ´´no rotation over y-axis´´
--> 0,0 means ´´no rotation over z-axis´´
=> result: a half rotation over the x-axis (no rotation would mean, the turret looks to the front [aka main guns])

... i hope that was a little bit useful
ps: sorry 4 my bad english :oops:

--> link to german topic, maybe google translate could help ;)

kero3189

Post by kero3189 » Sun, 8. Dec 13, 21:59

Alot of that was very helpful! It didn't directly answer my primary issue but it did answer a question I would have run into later. After I take in all of that I might find the answer I'm looking for.

Right now I have to literally create the scene file. I found a guide that roughly walks you though ship building but my primary issue is that I'm trying to figure out the object type I have to use and any special requirements to have a anchor for the camera.

Guide I Found
http://roguey.co.uk/x3/edit/killertide/ ... orial7.php

I'm trying to create a camera dummy like the tutorial says, not sure how to because it doesn't explain it there (or anywhere else on the fourms here)

Would you mind if I took part of your post and added it to a guide I'm building for X3TC?

Post by Guest » Sun, 8. Dec 13, 22:15

kero3189 wrote:Would you mind if I took part of your post and added it to a guide I'm building for X3TC?
... no, i wouldn´t ;) ...

... take a look into the scene file of (e.g.) TruelightSeeker, that a very "small" file which looks more "clear" (than my messy descr. :D)

just a little advice ... to make your ship "appear" in the game the ship model (etc.) must be loaded
=> the scene file loads ship model, turrets, cams etc. ... TShips only "links" the technical ship data to the specific ship & "calls" its scene

in the "Argon-Nova-example" the first line (P 0.) connects the ship model to the ship

==============================================
P 0; B ships\argon\argon_M3; C 1; N Bships\argon\argon_M3_1b; b
{ 0x2002; 0; 0; 0; 0.000000; 0.000000; 0.000000; 0.000000; -1; -1; } // -1
==============================================

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”