[X3AP] CLS 1 Suppliers not added

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Austinners
x3ap

[X3AP] CLS 1 Suppliers not added

Post by Austinners » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 09:25

Hi y'all

This may be me being Sgt. Dumbo, but I can't add Suppliers to CLS 1 TS's. Currently, I am adding a home base, adding a Product (in this case its an Ore Mine, so only one product). Then I go to Suppliers and Consumers, click Consumers then Add Consumer. The universe map pops up, I click a sector......and it drops me back at the Add Consumer page. Nothing added.

Am I doing this wrong, or has this bugged out on me? Does it matter what the target ship/my ship is doing when you do this? Seems like something simple to do.

For reference I am also running XRM, though I wouldn't think it would conflict with CLS.

Cheers

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 22:50

You've ordered your TS ships to Start Internal Logistics trading. That means between your own factories.

Internal Logistics is good for pushing out a resource (in this case Ore) to your other factories, whenever the stock levels at your Ore Mine gets above, say, 70%. If you want to bring something to the Ore Mine (say, energy cells) then you need to push it from a solar power plant that belongs to you. It is dropping out of the map after you select a sector because it expects you to have your own factory there and you don't have any factories there. Internal Logistics is only between your factories.

If you are trying to sell ore to the NPC stations at large, order your TS transports to start Commercial Representation (you may have to get the CLS2 software installed). Commercial Representation (CAG) is your Ore Mine selling ore to anyone nearby (or far). When you start Commercial Representation, it will assume that your Ore Mine is the supplier, and it will pick consumers from the nearest NPC stations that want to buy ore at the best prices (it's automatic) so you don't have to specify consumers. Just specify the price, and how far away the TS transports are allowed to go.

If you are trying to move ore from your ore mine to 2-3 specific stations (whether they are yours or NPC stations), then start External Logistics. External Logistics lets you set up waypoints (for example, load ore at my Ore Mine, then sell ore at NPC Station 1 at price X, then sell ore at NPC station 2 at price y, then repeat). The TS transports will follow the waypoints and not deviate, but they don't pay attention to stock levels, so they could empty out your ore mine and not stop. In this case you don't define suppliers or consumers at all, you just set up a list of waypoints and orders what to do at each waypoint, and the ship will follow the route.

Here is the Bonus Pack explanation thread. If you click on Commodity Logistics Mk 1 (Internal Logistics), Commodity Logistics Mk 2 (External Logistics), or Commercial Agent (Commercial Representation), then you can read detailed explanations of all the settings and how to program each one of them.

Austinners
x3ap

Post by Austinners » Wed, 11. Dec 13, 15:07

Ah, se se senor.

I figured if it was only for between your own stations then it would be like the "Select Homebase" prompt, with a sector map listing only the stuff you own (or in my case, an empty map). Didn't realise that it drops you back automatically.

Cheers for that

leecarter
x3tc

Post by leecarter » Wed, 11. Dec 13, 17:48

If you're not concerned with emptying out the source of the product you're shipping, just use CLS 2 and set up way points. It's my preference anyway.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”