Add boarding pods XRM

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

kinetic915
x3ap

Add boarding pods XRM

Post by kinetic915 » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 10:17

Hello all,

I know how to use (or I believe I do) x3 editor 2 to open the cat files containing the tships.pck. There i modify the ship of choice (hayabusa) to be compatible with boarding pods. I save and overwrite the .pck. When I reload the game, there is no change whatsoever. I am editing the 06 cat file in the addon folder of the xrm mod. Any changes I make to the tships.pck file have no effect on the game. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 11:00

Quite evidently, you have another tships taking precedence, either by being in a higher numbered cat/dat fake patch (maybe you are editing the XRM base cat, but you have an hull pack after it), or uncompressed into the game directory (possibly created by the plugin manager: in which case opening and closing the PM would update it with your changes).

Instead of opening the cat, select "open from VFS": it will load the highest tships, so you will both be able to edit the correct one and see where it actually is stored.

Also, remember that even if the cat is already in the addon folder, cat files still preserve the folder structure from the game root; AKA, you have to edit the tships in the addon folder inside the cat.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 11:11

If you have any custom ships installed, then you will need to open and close the Plugin Manager in order to update its merged TShips.pck (which is a loose file in your addon\Types folder).

kinetic915
x3ap

Post by kinetic915 » Fri, 20. Dec 13, 00:09

Yep got it to work! I didn't realize the plug in manager was making a merged file. Thank you!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”