[XT] Rapier UTOPIA

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Grazod

[XT] Rapier UTOPIA

Post by Grazod » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 22:59

Hi,

I have been scouring the internet for this database and none of the links seem to work. Does anyone still have this and can send it to me, or know where I can find it?

I'd also settle for JeffB's database as well.

Thanks!!

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Wed, 11. Dec 13, 11:39

The only live XT database that I'm aware of is klarix's:

http://www.klarix.de/xbtf/en/XFrSet1.html

Curunauth
x3tc

[XT] Rapier UTOPIA database - does anyone have a copy?

Post by Curunauth » Wed, 26. Feb 14, 14:42

While klarix's site is quite handy, it lacks the completeness and planning utility of the UTOPIA database, which listed individual factories (most important for player factory complex site planning).

So, I'll re-ask the title question: Does anyone have a copy of Rapier's UTOPIA spreadsheet, or Jasperodus's EXALT tool, or Aye Capn's edited UTOPIA, or any such thing? It would be a shame to lose such a valuable tool, as XT is still quite fun to play (and some of us only recently discovered it!). I've been able to dig up some of Rapier's site via the Internet Archive, but sadly the spreadsheets weren't archived until they became 404 pages.

If a copy of any of the above does turn up, I'd be happy to host a mirror of it/them, because there doesn't appear to be any remaining source.

Not sure how long ago counts as a bump vs. thread necromancy, hope this bump is OK. For some reason, despite the status message saying "You can post new topics in this forum", trying to do so bounces me back to the front page (and yes I have scripts enabled).

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 26. Feb 14, 15:14

Curunauth wrote:Not sure how long ago counts as a bump vs. thread necromancy, hope this bump is OK. For some reason, despite the status message saying "You can post new topics in this forum", trying to do so bounces me back to the front page (and yes I have scripts enabled).
When you encounter something like that, delete your browser cache. Then you should be able to post in the forum without problems again.

As to your original problem, you could simply try sending a PM to Rapier. He still visits the forums regularly.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Thu, 27. Feb 14, 08:54

If I had a penny for every time I got asked for the UTOPIA data... it have an annual income of about tuppence! I produced it whilst I was doing my PhD, and it gets far more citations than that the PhD ever did.

Anyway, enough reminiscing. My old site, including download documents, is zipped up and available at: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwBmhT ... mhmOHlUdWs .
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Curunauth
x3tc

Post by Curunauth » Sat, 1. Mar 14, 02:54

Thanks a bunch! Look forward to perusing it for my next round of factories, for which I am currently farming Orinocos while waiting to hit 100 hours and the Perseus mission.

. . . although perhaps the next few million should be spent buying and outfitting a M3, from what I've heard my Buster is likely not the right vehicle for the Perseus hunt. :-p

Sadly, the common fate of almost all PhD theses is to languish, nearly uncited except for a few people it really fascinates. Indeed, the Internet Archive managed to preserve your paper on the economics of X-Tension from your U. Reading site, but I couldn't find anything academic when I got curious during my pokings-about. That said, one of my favorite (and most personally-cited) academic works is a PhD thesis (Eric Brill's, if anyone is interested in machine learning, particularly w.r.t. language).

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”