[x3r] Either my game is bugged or 2.5a broke some stuff.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

xxsleepyxx

[x3r] Either my game is bugged or 2.5a broke some stuff.

Post by xxsleepyxx » Wed, 11. Dec 13, 21:20

Most of the TL ships i hire wont fly to shipyard or sector, they just idle at speed 1. I cant find any TL ships that will work now, so i bought one and he was working. I decided to assign it to a group and then guess what, hes doing the same thing. Something with group management is messed up. I have no other groups set up and its been a while since ive played but i thought i had groups set up and the hotkeys assigned last time i played but now i dont. Its been since March b4 the 2.5a patch since i played and everything was working fine then so im guessing the update is the problem. How do i roll back to 2.5 on steam? fkn steam and broken updates, sh*t. God i hope my saves are not fked.

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Wed, 11. Dec 13, 22:05

Go get X3 terran conflict and Albion Prelude

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Wed, 11. Dec 13, 22:14

What kind of group do you mean? The only group I can remember is assigning wingmen.
Most of the time an idle TL just tries to find its way to the dock. leaving the system usually speeds this up as there is no collision physics.
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 11. Dec 13, 22:35

Do you have a boxed version of Reunion, or can you get hold of one?

Not played the Steam version much, but if you could get a boxed version, install that to a new folder and just use the updates on this site, then all should be well.

xxsleepyxx

Post by xxsleepyxx » Thu, 12. Dec 13, 00:26

the group management system, part of the bonus pack. Ironically the 2.5a update was to make the game work better with the bonus pack. theyre not trying to find their way anywhere, they are just borked. And i only have the steam version.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 12. Dec 13, 01:06

Have you already tried to reinstall the bonus package?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

xxsleepyxx

Post by xxsleepyxx » Thu, 12. Dec 13, 10:51

Amidst my frustration i didnt think of that, it seems so obvious now, it worked. Thank You!! Idk why cuz i wouldnt have thought the update would overwrite the bonus pack files. But both the hired ships and group ships move now. Thanks.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”