Repairing stations inside a complex. [X3:AP]

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

hisazul
xr

Repairing stations inside a complex. [X3:AP]

Post by hisazul » Fri, 13. Dec 13, 16:21

Ok I never had this issue in ... lets not put any time here or I will feel sad for myself, but after deciding to play around with 3.1 plots which I just put away and away till X:R came out, I got to the point in Shady Business
Spoiler
Show
where the butthurt 2 corporations you didn't side with spam spawn ships on your stations
Now in most cases you either leave defenders or jump in yourself and deal with it and so forth. Unfortunately that doesn't apply to tightly made complexes which AI can't navigate for crap and they just crash into everything. Also gate blockade or sector patrols are useless since these clowns are spawned right on your property. I got a loop plex in Senators Badlands that generates space fuel, space weed, squash mines, PBG and IBL with some intermediaries. The entire plex is basically terran solar power plant XL with everything else packed in circles under the solar panels it looks pretty awesome imo.

Now since its a plex I can't just use Cycrows good stuff to reload hull shield because even if I go the round about way of selecting connected station and using console from it it doesn't reload the hull or shields for that station I'm guessing it still tries to reload the complex hull/shields which I'm guessing is simple the docking bay for the whole thing.

Until damage was managable 1 station at 99% hull... I went there with repair laser and fixed it myself.... but now there are a bunch of stations that have hull damage some as low as 80%. First of all since I can't target them it is takes a LONG time to even figure where the damaged station is forget that fixing 20% hull damage would take a day.

I remember long long time ago something about npc station repairing services in vanilla... but for the life of me I do not recall what it was about and if it was even in AP/TC. Was it a mission, just some generically spawned tl/ts/?? if you had damaged factories and it offered repairs and more importantly does if it even fix things inside a complex.

So..... short of letting them destroy specific modules then replacing them any other ideas?
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Fri, 13. Dec 13, 17:09

Ignore the damage.

It's doubtful that that specific attack will repeat itself; anything else coming at your complex should follow the regular "approach from the gate" and can be intercepted.

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Fri, 13. Dec 13, 17:51

ajax34i wrote:Ignore the damage.

It's doubtful that that specific attack will repeat itself; anything else coming at your complex should follow the regular "approach from the gate" and can be intercepted.
That's what I thought too... but this part of plot takes 6+ hours and their annoying idea of just being spawned on top of property leaves no effective way to prevent it either. Missiles are useless because they are spawned too close to stations and I'll do more damage myself and since they aren't even spawned in group I can't personally intercept them either. And over an hour they repeated same thing about 4 times now -_-

When HQ's get attacked I don't worry too much because while terran HQ is huge its shielding and collision box is still within AI capability to pathfind semi-properly. Shields will hold while dual valhallas evaporate them. Complex on other hand is impossible unless I manually park 30-40 destroyers around the plex.

Think I may just forget about that plex and wait out the time. I got so pissed I went to stronarms and johnferco and wiped out entire sectors just so I can plant 4 destroyers right where their damn HQ's spawn. Too bad that only helps with being annoyed at them. It is really sad when your fleet might supersedes most races combined and yet I can't do anything to prevent this annoying scripted b/s... I mean seriosly... strongarms sends dragonlol and johnferco sends cerberus those things are a joke and yet their suicide ramming is proving to be a real nuisance.

Edit:
Welp... this is rather odd. After loading the save today and responding to another raid... majority of damage was gone and only 2 stations were somewhat scratched O_O
Apparently damage on factories inside complex doesn't save. Kind of weird but I'll take it lol.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Fri, 13. Dec 13, 22:51

If your stations get damaged beyond a certain point (can't remember exactly, but I think it's 80-something percent hull remaining), there should be a Think (lightbulb) mission somewhere in the sector or surrounding sectors to get it repaired.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 13. Dec 13, 22:52

You can also use Cycrow's CP for "Destroy Target"

Taken on more in a fight than your dog can chew on?
Just zapp a few bugs :twisted:

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Sat, 14. Dec 13, 00:23

TTD wrote:You can also use Cycrow's CP for "Destroy Target"

Taken on more in a fight than your dog can chew on?
Just zapp a few bugs :twisted:
Heh I got at least 2 valhallas sitting at every station/complex I own with defend station order. Admittedly not all that effective... at least not against 4xm6 + 2xm7 and even destroyers at the end.. they don't seem to respond very fast but meh(anyway since I started I always felt a deep need to cap any valhalla I ever saw... since once war is done thats it... think I didn't see a single valhalla till I started shady business plot then it was valhalla galore). Killing stuff wasn't a problem :P Just repairing damage after ai tries to navigate my tightly packed plex and fails miserably at it.

But like I said apparently damage to stations inside complex doesn't save or something. They all got repaired when I loaded game today so I was rather happy bout it.
OniGanon wrote:If your stations get damaged beyond a certain point (can't remember exactly, but I think it's 80-something percent hull remaining), there should be a Think (lightbulb) mission somewhere in the sector or surrounding sectors to get it repaired.
Thx for clarifying that Oni I couldn't remember about that station repair. I remember using it... but I think I used it like way back in X3:R or TC? Just not in AP so I couldn't even remember what it looked like. On bright side since the plex is in yaki space there aren't a lot of places where mission can be generated. Plex is in Senators Badlands so just Weavers and Senators pretty much Ocr has like 2 stations I think. I'll try beating some modules half dead and see if that will generate missions, if not I'll try beating up docking clamps since its "main" plex body and see if that works. Just for curiosity sake.

But just about 10 minutes ago I finally got past that plot part so... the only thing that can happen now is lonely Q showing up(otherwise they have to use gates... and thats very easy to control, heck at begining of the game you can just "plug" gates with rocks for laughs)... and unlike corporate ships everyone and their gramma will go ballistic at them. Senators has some good yaki population control going on... Brave souls trying to make it to the complex to get that cheap space weed tend to get blown up half way to it so every few hours I have boxes galore which I sell right there at stock exchange lol.

On side note station defend command is pretty confusing and not very effective. Planting tyrs in group of 3 around gates is just fool proof. While a ship with defend station can end up 70+km away from station while its "flying to position". ~_~

Anyway the only good part about this specific portion of plot is that 2 or 3? times that I personally got attacked I was in argon space :P So my bottom of the barrel rep that I uncured after "cleaning" Argon sectors of all life got repaired reaaaaaaly fast.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”