Ship Navigation in X3AP? AI Ramming, Suicidal AI?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

CaptainShack
x3tc

Ship Navigation in X3AP? AI Ramming, Suicidal AI?

Post by CaptainShack » Sun, 15. Dec 13, 06:19

Hello

I'm trying to get my X3AP up and running smoothly with a few select mods. Mostly a handful of XSP ship's I'ved added in using Crows manager, Star Trek ships.

The issue I'm having is the AI keeps Ramming into each other, its also happening with Vanilla ships. My research suggestions this is a known issue with the game.."and an major one". Has the modding community come up with some type of fix for this?

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Sun, 15. Dec 13, 06:26

The Bounce script helps. BUT NPC ships shouldn't really be ramming into each other, its mostly just player ships that end up running into something. If its just random NPC ships all the time something might be up.

CaptainShack
x3tc

Post by CaptainShack » Sun, 15. Dec 13, 07:43

What I see when I spawn ships to test the XSP ship I installed. The pirate vessel and the test ship fly around a little exchanging light fire. Then one will eventually collide with the other and destroy itself.

Do 5 v 5 ship fights normally boil down to AI colliding?

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Sun, 15. Dec 13, 09:09

No, as a matter of fact most of the actually collisions are fast M5 ships ramming into stations because they can't slow down, or issues while ships are docking.

When there are these collisions is at least one of the ships involved an XSP ship? If so there might be an issue with those ships and how they where created.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”