Is there CLS or CAG in Vanilla X3TC?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

JJRSC
x4

Is there CLS or CAG in Vanilla X3TC?

Post by JJRSC » Mon, 16. Dec 13, 01:11

Hello, I just began playing TC a little while ago. I've just put together my first complex and I have a problem. I've read up on most of the CLS, CAG and Sector & Universe trader guides in the stickies (thank you for those) but I'm now suspecting that CLS and CAG are not available in Vanilla X3TC, is this correct?

If they are only available through the booster pack, I can't install the booster pack (or any mods) into a game I've already started, can I? I have to do that at the beginning?

If I can't use CLS or CAG in my current game is there any way I can do this: I have a crystal fab complex and a silicon mine that I'm trying to sell their products but am getting tired of telling the freighters homebased to those facilities where to go to sell the crystals/silicon wafers. Both stations are set to not trade with other races, so only my ships are stopping there, but only when I tell them to.

Is there a way to homebase a sector trader there so he'll take the products from the station and find the best selling price and sell there on his own (and then come back and pick up more product from the homebase instead of going off on his own)? Or any way in vanilla to set up my freighters to distrubute my products on their own, without me having to tell them exactly what to do all the time? Or, since I'm playing vanilla, do I have to resign myself to having to build complexes and rely on NPCs to buy the wares straight from my factories instead?

Also, any thoughts on setting up a freighter loop through the supply software to keep my factories supplied would be greatly appreciated... I've read a lot about doing it via CLS, but have no idea how to do it without CLS - if indeed I cannot use CLS in my vanilla game.

Thanks!

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Mon, 16. Dec 13, 02:29

Bonus pack is completely save game compatible, and yes that's where CLS and CAG are, among other cool things.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

JJRSC
x4

Post by JJRSC » Mon, 16. Dec 13, 03:54

Great, thank you very much. Also, meant to say "Bonus Pack," not "Booster Pack." Oh well. Have just read your CLS guide, thank you also for addressing the "Why" as opposed to the "How" - something most of the other guides didn't really do. Great guide, appreciate it!

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Mon, 16. Dec 13, 05:10

You're welcome, you're welcome, and thanks for the endorsement.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”