[MOD X3AP] PwnMi - Trade Fight Build Hack [DISCONTINUED]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

zanzal
x3tc

[MOD X3AP] PwnMi - Trade Fight Build Hack [DISCONTINUED]

Post by zanzal » Mon, 16. Dec 13, 11:56

PwnMi - Trade Fight Build Hack

Background

For years the X3 universe has thought the comms system a mere tool for setting up trade deals or negotiating mercenary protection arrangements from marauding pirates. However, behind the scenes a group of 3lite hackers have developed a custom frontend designed to be binary compatible with the standard comm system protocols. This unofficial comms interface known as Public Wireless Network for Meta Interaction or PwnMi for short and contains a set of tools to assist the hacker in gaining access to stations computer systems (typically for nefarious ends).

How to Obtain

This command prompt driven toolkit is bundled with the latest version of the Systems Override Software.

Warning: This software is considered highly illegal in Commonwealth and Terran space.

Concepts

Each station will have its own independent database with a privilege rating for you and a suspicion rating. These two attributes must be managed if you want to hack the X3 universe like a champ.

Privilege rating: A value from 100 to 0 - where 0 is root access and 100 is normal comms only access.

Suspicion rating: From none to extreme (0 to 100%) - Note: If you reach 100% then you will have been discovered and your ability to hack the station will be permanently finished. NOTE: A perma-ban lowers your notoriety with the owner race. The exact suspicion rating is never displayed, but instead you will have an indication like 'none', 'very little', 'moderate', 'high', 'extreme', 'permabanned.' Permabans do not interfere with docking or trading.

Levels of Progression

Hacking grade: (C) Friendly & Neutral (B) Enemy Border (A). Enemy Core, and (A+) Xenon - These are the ranks of hacking mastery that all would-be hackers must go through before they are allowed to progress to the next level. While grades C to A allow to test your skills against stations, the A+ rating is reserved for those so skilled they can execute special techniques against Xenon ships with a few key presses.

NOTE: Your Hacking skills won't allow you to actually take control of a Xenon ship, but it will provide some opportunities for amusement. Abilities planned include 'Engine diagnostic subroutine (stall)', 'Weapon diagnostic subroutine (Weapons offline)', 'IFF corruption (Confusion)'

Privilege level: From 4 (limited access) to 0 (root access) a distinct level of access based on your privilege rating with each station.

4. Basic Comms Access - The communication protocol sandbox and your job is to escape it.

3. Proxy Access - This is where the fun begins, although you still can't hack the station directly, you can now use the comms relay to forward your attacks to nearby stations within comms range of that station. Relay'd commands generate less suspicion, but to get to this point, you might already be in danger of discovery.

2. Remote Execution - You've finally breached some of the internal security. You can execute non-privileged code within the station mainframe. You should be able to perform a few basic tasks. For example you might be able to lift your docking restrictions if your notoriety isn't too low. You will also have access to a few more exploits you can try.

1. Private Key Access - You've cracked a secure key storage for some non-essential sector-specific information systems. Although you don't yet have root access, you can now distribute forged "updates" to other stations non-essential information systems within comms range (those stations which have not already terminated your access.)

0. Root Access - You've done it now! Finally after all this work you now have root access to this station. But how will you use it?
Last edited by zanzal on Sat, 8. Nov 14, 02:04, edited 7 times in total.

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Mon, 16. Dec 13, 11:56

Commands for Basic Comms Access - Privilege Level 4

The default comm system of each station by has isolated your access to a guest privilege level; however, there are a few attacks that can still be conducted. You will only be allowed to conduct each attack exactly once on each station, consider your objectives carefully before starting:

1. Port Scan - Attempt to identify unsecured ports for use in future hacks. Random chance for small to moderate increases privilege rating but will significantly increase suspicion.

2. Social Engineering: Unsuspecting victim - Put an ad in on the local social network, make a friend, and use this friend to attempt to gain an advantage within the station network. If you are clever enough not to raise to many flags then you shouldn't raise too much suspicion but the gains may not be that impressive.

3. Social Engineering: The Insider - This is going to cost you serious credits, but the gains will be big. If your accomplice gets caught though the jig is up and a 100% suspicion is all but guaranteed. NOTE: Recommended if you are willing to risk perma-ban that you use this option first as it will speed things up.

4. Cross Site Scripting - Embed malicious script code in a subforum running outdated BBS software. Automated security systems will quickly detect this attack once it has been executed and it will raise some suspicion; however, it will also increase your privilege rating with one random station within comms range of the targeted station (the station executed against is included in the random pool).

You'll have to discover on your own what the remaining privilege levels offer you although some root access commands will be discussed so that you understand the goal of the system.

General Strategy

Like chess you must be willing to sacrifice access to some useless assets in order to secure access to more important facilities. There are three tiers:

Tier 3. High Security - Military Assets - Weapon and Missile Production Plants, Military Bases, Shipyards

Tier 2. Medium Security - Civilian and Government - Equipment docks, Research stations, Trading stations, Solar power plants, Shield Production

Tier 1. Low Security - Commodity Factories

It is advisable that new hackers practice their skills to gain at least one grade in hacking using sectors with mostly low Tier stations. If you don't care whether you succeed or fail it should make learning the game less stressful. Once you've honed your personal strategy and successfully hacked a dozen or so stations then you are ready for high end targets.

End Game: Root Access

Its end-game time. You've obtained root access but what to do with it? Like any good hacker you will probably envision going out in a blaze of glory.. or more likely you will go to prison... or both. However, this is the X3 universe so let us choose the first option. Choose wisely as using the end game commands will result in a permanent loss of root access on success or fail. Success will be based largely on your suspicion rating and how low it is.

NOTE: The game doesn't end after you use any of these commands - these are the end result of successfully reaching root access on any station in the X3 universe.

Commands

1. Take Ownership of Station - Probably a waste of time, considering that your station might have an enemy armada at the doorstep ready to exact revenge for your arrogance. Could work better in lawless or quiet sectors. Station owned Laser Towers will be flipped as well. Does not work on Shipyards, Military bases, Pirate bases, or Corporate HQs.

2. Sector Wide: Take Ownership of Stations - All stations in the sector with root access will be ordered to flip at the same time (unless its a shipyard, military base, etc.). Essentially the better version of the previous command, but be prepared to defend your assets. You will lose access to all stations that failed to flip. There is a small bonus given for each station with root access making it more ideal than taking over each station individually.

3. Station Specific Choices - Steal a ship from a shipyard. [More to come on this in future releases]

4. Black Market Bartering - Barter your root access for some black-market goods:
  1. Military Bases: 3-20 units of cargo bay shielding (Scales with Hacking Grade)
    EQ Docks: 1 engine or rudder pandora tuning (2 at max Hacking Grade)
5. Station Reactor Overload - Because explosions are cool. Note: The explosion is not guaranteed to take out the entire station, but should the station survive it will be severely damaged.

6. Sector Wide: Station Reactor Overload - Big explosions are even cooler. Maybe you just want to clear room for your own stuff.

[Version 0.6] 7. Steal Fleet - Quantity vs quality. Upload a virus into their core navigation computer that attempts to take ownership of the ships owned by this station. Each ship has an individual chance of flipping regardless of where they are located (Requires Hacking Grade B or higher). If you ever wanted to nab TerraCorp HQ's fleet this is how its done.

[Version 0.6] 8. Steal Flagship - Using a sector wide distributed DoS attack to distract your enemies, you will sacrifice everything in this sector to steal just one ship. Ship must be in the current sector when the hack starts and when it finishes. The bigger your network as opposed to the value of the ship, the more likely it is to succeed. Note: If the ship is a carrier all docked ships will be flipped as well (Requires Hacking Grade A or higher).

[Version 0.6] 9. White Hat Researcher - Boost your rep with the target race by revealing the security flaws you exploited and help them to correct those flaws. There could be some additional long term benefits if you keep helping the same race. This is ideal for those that want to participate in hacking but find the other options objectionable. The random rewards will start out small, but become increasingly better if you keep it up. A special reward awaits those who reach maximum White Hat rank with a given faction.
Last edited by zanzal on Fri, 27. Dec 13, 00:29, edited 12 times in total.

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Mon, 16. Dec 13, 11:57

Version History

Version 0.5.2 - Minor Update - Released 1/8/2014

- Added additional failure check and the end of hacks involving taking over stations. It was reported that some commands didn't result in a success or failure message.

Version 0.5.1 - Minor Update - Released 12/26/2013

- Changed page id to 8102 to comply with mod submission guidelines.

Version 0.5 - First Release [OPEN BETA] - Released: 12/23/2013

- 16 commands to use in order to try and gain root access without getting banned. [FINISHED]
- Initial root commands [FINISHED]
- Hacking progression (i.e. ranking up) [FINISHED]
- Ability to lift docking restrictions at "Remote Execution" level. [FINISHED]

Road Map

Version 0.6:

- Remaining root commands
- Faction distinction between Black Hat and White Hat
- White Hat progression: Special rewards that increase with the players White Hat reputation with each Faction.
- Black Hat progression: Retribution for repeated hacks.
- Flexible configuration: Use this mod the way you want to play. Disable features you don't like or think are overpowered.
- Embezzle money from factories - (Requested by The Cuban Nightmare)

Version 0.7+:

- Xenon Hacking - Nothing too unbalanced though.
- Mission Director integration (if possible, I'm new to modding)
- Hacker game start
Last edited by zanzal on Thu, 30. Jan 14, 01:46, edited 12 times in total.

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Mon, 16. Dec 13, 11:57

Current Status: DISCONTINUED

Although I had originally intended further development on this mod, I had decided several months back that it failed to meet my criteria for an enjoyable expansion of core gameplay. I made what amounts to a sort of "Chess in space" with a hacking theme, and while that was what sort of what I was going for, I realized later that there was a reason I am playing X3 and not chess for my daily gaming. The mod while functional fails to fully integrate with the X-Universe. I can do better than this and so even though I have failed with PwnMi, I will try again to expand core gameplay in the hopes that I will do better having learned from this first attempt.

Beta Version

Please try out my mod and report any bugs that you find. Also, I really really want to know how you feel about certain aspects, specifically:

1. Difficulty - Does the gameplay start out hard and get easier with hacking grades and experience? Or is it a PITA and not worth the trouble.

NOTE: If you need a detailed explanation of things you can access PwnMi Demystified.pdf on the github page.

2. Balance - Is the mod balanced for the time invested? Did you steal 200mil in assets in under 10 minutes or did you find it was a time worthy alternative to your normal X3 game play. Me personally, I find I can make millions in an hour or I can explore and make almost nothing but still have fun, so YMMV depending on what you normally like to do.

3. Fun - Do you find aspects of this mod fun? Are you frantically trying to gain root access to that EQ Dock as you watch your available options slowly dwindle or is it a snoozefest that puts you to sleep? Feedback on how to make it more fun is always appreciated!

READ ME: Because the Mod is in open beta it is not recommended for those looking for a full featured and complete experience. This is just the beginning, the foundation upon which the rest of the mod will be based. Please participate in the open beta if you like the concept and want to help make it a success.

Download Link: PwnMi v0.5.2 beta

Git Hub Page: http://github.com/Zanzal/PwnMi

Setup instructions:
  1. 1. Install like any other X3AP mod.
    2. (Optional) Backup of your save games
    3. Turn PwnMi ON under your Artificial Life Settings
    4. Setup a Hotkey for PwnMi under your game control settings.
Target a station and press the PwnMi hotkey. The target must be within 50km. [Configurable in the next version.]

AP Compatible: YES
XRM Compatible: YES
TC Compatible: Unknown - Not recommended
Last edited by zanzal on Wed, 10. Dec 14, 10:45, edited 19 times in total.

snarfies
x3

Post by snarfies » Mon, 16. Dec 13, 13:53

So, will this let me hack pirate stations for access?

That's pretty much all I'm looking for. For now.

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Mon, 16. Dec 13, 22:23

If you just wanted to be able to dock, then this might not be the best mod for you. You could use it for that, but since the goal of this mod is intended to create a compelling gameplay alternative that is balanced for the time invested or as an alternative to Trading or Fighting (or as something to do when your not doing one of those two things). As a result unless your pirate base has some other nearby stations that you can hack in order relay your attacks, its unlikely that you will gain enough access.

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Tue, 24. Dec 13, 04:10

Yay! It is finally ready after two weeks of obsession and not getting anything important done, the first release - PwnMi 0.5 Open Beta - is finally ready. I've updated all the posts and put links to the download. I hope there are some who are interested in helping me by testing things and providing feedback.

Your feedback is important to me, but if you provide feedback on the code then please do it via GitHub or PM. I would like to keep the thread focused on discussion of the mod from a gameplay perspective - see the open beta comments above. I want to know: is it fun, is it fair, is it challenging without being boring?

GuRPeR
x3ap

Post by GuRPeR » Wed, 29. Jan 14, 20:24

Can't wait to try this out...

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Wed, 29. Jan 14, 23:19

Yeah let me know what you think. I still have a lot of ideas I want to incorporate for future versions, but rather than make a mod no one likes, I want to build the mod around community ideas of what a fun hacking game might be using the current version as a starting point.

Some ideas for future versions include things like hacking missions where the player asked to gain root access to a specific station or to lift docking restrictions for an NPC in exchange for some credits. I am finishing up a few other scripts and then I'll be spending more time on MD/script interaction. That should enable me to expand on the mod in the direction I suspect it will need to go.

The Cuban Nightmare
x3

Post by The Cuban Nightmare » Thu, 30. Jan 14, 00:23

I can't believe I didn't see this. This looks really good. I'm going to take a look now. I'll give my impressions later, but other cool abilities could include increasing your rep with a race or maybe embezzling some cash.
I'm your worst nightmare....

Apocalypse Incorporated; destroying a planet near you!

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Thu, 30. Jan 14, 01:34

The Cuban Nightmare wrote:I can't believe I didn't see this. This looks really good. I'm going to take a look now. I'll give my impressions later, but other cool abilities could include increasing your rep with a race or maybe embezzling some cash.
Yeah I cancelled the embezzlement feature just prior to release, but it still is possible to add it back. Basically I was going to make it so when you reached a certain level of access you would be able to start siphoning off a percentage of sales from the factory into holding account which you could then later cash out.

This was my first mod though so I initially had some trouble setting it up and had to pull it out for the first release. I'll give it another go in version 0.6.

The Cuban Nightmare
x3

Post by The Cuban Nightmare » Thu, 30. Jan 14, 02:39

Sounds good. I managed to get root access on a few stations, but nothing really useful is available right now. I think you should add a command that functions like a logic bomb or something so you can use a station with root access to gain a lot of privilege for a specific target. I keep running into the problem that I can't get access to the targets I want because of the random targets and that's causing a lot of trouble. Anyway, I'll hold off till the next version, but it looks goods so far.

Edit:
Okay, I spent some time thinking about this script because I really like the idea, but you need to evaluate what you're trying to achieve and how it interacts with other playstyles. Right now, it is perfectly compatible with a trading play style because there are plenty of peaceful targets, but if you play as a pirate and there are few peaceful stations, you're going to run into trouble with finding targets. I think you've already done 95% of the hard work and a few edits would really help make this a deeper script. With that in mind I have listed my suggestions below:

Problem 1: If you are hostile to most races, you're not going to be able to spend much time in sector before getting killed.
Solutions to Problem 1:
A) Make the permaban a timer that resets after an in-game day so that limited targets can refresh, but it will still stop people from just hitting SETA to reload things. Similarly, make sectors reset after a certain amount of time.
B) "IFF Spoof" - Root command that runs on docks which increases your reputation with a given race by one full level, but only up to 0 (so you can hack in their sectors)

Problem 2: There is no way to make money from hacking right now
Solutions to Problem 2:
A) New Root Commands - I like the idea of taking control of ships, but that should be a very difficult thing to do for large ships and newer hackers should not be able to do it.
B) Embezzlement / Siphoning Cash - Based on your skill level, you can siphon cash away from a factory or dock. The problem here is that I don't think that NPC's shop at factories or docks reliably. Perhaps it might be best to add money to the player account based on a percentage of the cost of the station on an hourly basis or something similar?
C) "Airlock Problems" - Hacking the station causes it to eject a significant portion of it's main product for free. (This would allow players to acquire capital ship weapons as well. Perhaps a version could be applied to ships?
D) Sell Root Access - Simply sell your access to a station for a one time fee. Fee should be based on hacker skill level and the amount of suspicion
E) Missions - Perhaps you're hired to blow up a station by using viruses or you could be hired to break into a station that has been compromised (You see that a station has been hacked and there is a reward for getting root access and using a program to purge the other hacker). This would be an interesting gameplay mechanic.

Problem 3: It might be impossible to hack sectors with few stations in them or there is a forced "save/reload" mechanic to get the outcome you want.
Solutions to Problem 3:
A) "Collectibles" - The ability to steal codes or something that could be used on other stations. Essentially, you can get root access to stations and then download a virus which can be used to increase privilege on other stations. Therefore, breaking into lesser factories will have value which can be applied to larger heists. Targets of a higher tier require more "viruses" in order to overload security, thus you might only need to get root access on four factories to get root access to a Tier 1 factory using only viruses, but you might need ten or so to get into a shipyard.

Problem 4: Ship interaction is too straight forward. Turning an entire fleet is a great way to make cash, but makes no sense.
Solutions to Problem 4:
A) "Killer Virus" - Think of the Cylon Logic Bomb from Battlestar Galactica. Instead of just turning over control, your virus opens the airlocks and engages internal defenses, killing the crew. Large ships take more damage and most of the ship's equipment is destroyed in the process. Ideally, this should be a "collectible" which you could then choose to run on target ships. Once again, large ships need more.
B) "Rogue Cargo Loaders" - Similar to the above, but you directly hack the cargo loader subroutine in the target ship's hold and force it to dump a large portion of its wares and equipped gear into space. This would also be a "collectible"
C) "Aggressive Diagnostics" - Can be run on ships and forces shield depletion or disables engines for a time. Requires "collectibles"

Anyway, that's just the ideas that I have floating around in my head right now. My whole goal is to see hacking become a much more useful underworld tool that can work with any play style. I really like the idea of collectibles because they give you a way to access things without making the process too easy. Also, you could integrate an "exchange" for collectibles and allow non-hacker players to buy the things they want (at a high price) in order to execute a one time operation. I know a lot of this stuff seems to be very in depth, but you've already got the framework established and many of these suggestions seem like they could readily work.

Cheers and good luck,
TCN

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Fri, 31. Jan 14, 02:47

The Cuban Nightmare wrote:Okay, I spent some time thinking about this script because I really like the idea, but you need to evaluate what you're trying to achieve and how it interacts with other playstyles. Right now, it is perfectly compatible with a trading play style because there are plenty of peaceful targets, but if you play as a pirate and there are few peaceful stations, you're going to run into trouble with finding targets. I think you've already done 95% of the hard work and a few edits would really help make this a deeper script. With that in mind I have listed my suggestions below:
Thanks much, I appreciate you taking the time to do this.
The Cuban Nightmare wrote:Problem 1: If you are hostile to most races, you're not going to be able to spend much time in sector before getting killed.
Yeah hacking progression is impossible right now if you have absolutely no friends since new hackers can only hack friendly targets. Though most would normally want to be friends with the Teladi or one other race if they are playing pirate style.. Do a lot of players go up against all factions at the same time? This could probably be made configurable.
The Cuban Nightmare wrote:A) Make the permaban a timer that resets after an in-game day so that limited targets can refresh, but it will still stop people from just hitting SETA to reload things. Similarly, make sectors reset after a certain amount of time.
I wanted there to be a cost to encourage people not to farm the same sectors over and over. I think if we do this it needs to be an option that is turned off by default.. Or maybe make it so when you turn the plugin off for 3 hours the universe resets completely.. Too harsh/easy?
The Cuban Nightmare wrote:B) "IFF Spoof" - Root command that runs on docks which increases your reputation with a given race by one full level, but only up to 0 (so you can hack in their sectors)

Problem 2: There is no way to make money from hacking right now
Solutions to Problem 2:
Yeah its not very obvious but once you gain remote execution you can spoof sensor data to get the station to credit you for a kill. Its the same menu that allows you to lift docking restrictions. There is a spoof level 1 which is like a fighter kill, level 2 which is like a corvette kill and level 3 which is a cap ship kill. Each one becomes available at a higher level and should award both credits and rep increase.
The Cuban Nightmare wrote:A) New Root Commands - I like the idea of taking control of ships, but that should be a very difficult thing to do for large ships and newer hackers should not be able to do it.
There is probably something that you should understand about stealing stuff in PwnMi, but maybe you don't want to know yet, so I'll leave it up to you.
Spoiler
Show
The value of the command to steal anything PwnMi will always be proportional to the suspicion rating. When you combine this with most factories having no value at all unless you just want to steal factories, then you have a real challenge ahead to make sure that not only do you root the local shipyard, but that you manage to do it and still have the lowest suspicion rating possible.

Then after you get ownership of the ship you still need to get over to the ship, dock with it or transfer a jumpdrive, etc then get it out there without being destroyed in the process.. It should ideally require planning, timing, and maybe a little luck. But if its currently too easy that may need some adjustment.

The stealing of a ship certainly could be dependent on hacking rank too, but I didn't want new players to be frustrated with no short term goals since low hacking rank already incurs and suspicion gain penalty, it will limit the value of the ship they can steal significantly if they are suspicion exteme, then they're able to steal a free M5.. big deal, they could get that from a station defense mission so its more a slap in the face at that point. Well deserved because they didn't play the game correctly (or the RNG was having a bad day).. So the goal and the achievement of the goal really do need to be possible even if we make it more difficult which currently should be the case.
Or in other words, I think we should allow it at lower hacking rank given that there are already enough challenges present to allow the player to experience some feeling of success without grinding a rank or two.
The Cuban Nightmare wrote:B) Embezzlement / Siphoning Cash - Based on your skill level, you can siphon cash away from a factory or dock. The problem here is that I don't think that NPC's shop at factories or docks reliably. Perhaps it might be best to add money to the player account based on a percentage of the cost of the station on an hourly basis or something similar?
Yeah it was supposed to be like a 'bank.' You ignore it, leave it alone for awhile, come back in 3 days and cash out. But think about it like this.
Spoiler
Show
Which is a better target for this strategy, a weapon plant or a food factory. PwnMi has to remain as much about being smart as it is a fun experience.
The Cuban Nightmare wrote:C) "Airlock Problems" - Hacking the station causes it to eject a significant portion of it's main product for free. (This would allow players to acquire capital ship weapons as well. Perhaps a version could be applied to ships?
I like it. I definitely forsee some airlock accidents taking place. Oops.. who triggered the emergency fire protocol.
The Cuban Nightmare wrote:D) Sell Root Access - Simply sell your access to a station for a one time fee. Fee should be based on hacker skill level and the amount of suspicion.

This is a good one, we should definitely have this. Not sure why I didn't think to put it in at release..
The Cuban Nightmare wrote:E) Missions - Perhaps you're hired to blow up a station by using viruses or you could be hired to break into a station that has been compromised (You see that a station has been hacked and there is a reward for getting root access and using a program to purge the other hacker). This would be an interesting gameplay mechanic.
Yeah definitely, MD integration would be nice. Can't happen before version 0.7 though. I am not ready to start writing missions in MD as I only know the basics.
The Cuban Nightmare wrote:Problem 3: It might be impossible to hack sectors with few stations in them or there is a forced "save/reload" mechanic to get the outcome you want.
Yeah there will always be that want to control the outcome even if they have to force it.. PwnMi will hopefully help to train players away from this mentality. The greatest flaw in any piracy script is going to be if randomness is more important to the outcome then skill or if the risk on average greatly exceeds the reward.. PwnMi is much more balanced since I saw the need to avoid this in the design.

I've addressed saving and loading as much as possible by making the end game outcomes less reliant on randomness and more reliant on the suspicion level. In fact the greatest strategy the player can employ will be to control the random outcomes of individual events as much as possible by manipulating the playing field to work in their favor.
The Cuban Nightmare wrote:A) "Collectibles" - The ability to steal codes or something that could be used on other stations. Essentially, you can get root access to stations and then download a virus which can be used to increase privilege on other stations. Therefore, breaking into lesser factories will have value which can be applied to larger heists. Targets of a higher tier require more "viruses" in order to overload security, thus you might only need to get root access on four factories to get root access to a Tier 1 factory using only viruses, but you might need ten or so to get into a shipyard.
That could be interesting, accumulation of compromised stations to cash in for a later advantage.. There is certainly some real world analog there. Maybe a special series of 'bot net' attacks.
The Cuban Nightmare wrote:Problem 4: Ship interaction is too straight forward. Turning an entire fleet is a great way to make cash, but makes no sense.

Actually that command isn't implemented yet, buts next on the list so its a great time to discuss the good and bad.. The way I see it, lets say TerraCorp HQ has 47 ships. Most of them weak ships you could probably get running combat missions. Then lets say you are allowed to steal 10 to 70% of them based on suspicion rating. Then the ones you get are random, and on top of that you have no idea which sector they will be in when they flip so they might get destroyed in seconds if your hated.. And trust me, the Argon are definately going to hate you if you still 20 ships in 10 minutes. Does it sound overpowered? Your going to have to rescue ships like a mad man, and its going to be fun and probably frustrating as you have to triage the situation.

It may or may not make sense that a virus uploaded to Terracorp HQ could cause such a problem, but its ment to be more fun than strictly logical.
The Cuban Nightmare wrote:A) "Killer Virus" - Think of the Cylon Logic Bomb from Battlestar Galactica. Instead of just turning over control, your virus opens the airlocks and engages internal defenses, killing the crew. Large ships take more damage and most of the ship's equipment is destroyed in the process. Ideally, this should be a "collectible" which you could then choose to run on target ships. Once again, large ships need more.
Stealing the flagship on the current roadmap as a normal root command and will cost several stations and not just one station so there is a sizable investment, but its also ment to be a higher end command that lets you get exactly the ship you want.. I think it will be balanced, but we'll see.

A lot of good ideas there.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”