(AP) Khaak revival mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sturmer

(AP) Khaak revival mod

Post by Sturmer » Mon, 16. Dec 13, 17:33

Wanting to make the game more challenging I suddenly remembered seeing on this site a long time ago a mod that re-introduces the Khaak into AP. I tried searching, but couldn't find it.

Does anyone remember this as well? Also, are there any other good mods that add new hostile races and that don't require a new start?

Thanks!

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Mon, 16. Dec 13, 18:22

You could use either Khaak Invasions, if you want a simple, light approach to the matter, or the awesome, crazy, overkill (but completely customizable to your tastes ;) ) Improved Khaak 2.

I use the latter, although I strongly recommend to tone down the number of swarms and their respawn timers (both for performance and balance).

As for other hostile races, Litcube's Phanon corp is always a good choice. The old Pirate Guild/Yaki Armada are still nice, but as they were never really finished they are a bit rough around the edges.
There's not much you can do about the Xenon in AP, AFAIK, don't know of any really recommendable standalone script that extensively expands on them that works totally fine in AP. But in their case it's usually pretty simple to just add some invading jobs for them yourself.

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Wed, 18. Dec 13, 05:51

Thanks! :)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 18. Dec 13, 08:55

Kadatherion wrote: don't know of any really recommendable standalone script that extensively expands on [Xenon] that works totally fine in AP.
There is Combat Tricks OBS. It is not limited to Xenon; it will increase challenge from all enemies in all missions that use the Opponent Balancing System (OBS). My version can be adjusted by the player to different levels of combat challenge.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”