[MOD]XRNebulas

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Wed, 18. Dec 13, 22:14

UniTrader wrote:
ICO_hr wrote: It doesnt do anything.I test it first with Argon Background but i dont know if this param is for the base texture or for overlay texture so i tried on material that have only one texture and with lens flares material that change their opacity but didnt work.
well, applying this code does not cause any errors in the debuglog for me, so it should work, but since i have no idea what effect it should have i cannt really confirm...
DiffuseStr(diffuse strength) is how much of the applied texture should be visible.Its multiplier basically.1.0 should be the default value, 0.0 is pure black, 2.0 is double the brightnes(intensity).

I dont understand these things very much but you dont see errors in the debuglog because it doesnt do anything.Something somewhere is wrong with the code.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 18. Dec 13, 22:29

if there were a mistake the debuglog would display something like this:

Code: Select all

[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/materiallibrary/collection[@name='environments']/material[@name='cluster_b_nebula_mask']/properties/property[@name='diffusetr']/@value' in patch file 'extensions\TESTMOD\libraries\material_library'. Skipping node.
(note the missing S in diffuseStr) - but if i write it correctly nothing like this is in the log, therefore something IS changed :roll: ;) question is how to notice it InGame..
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

the-danzorz
x3tc

Post by the-danzorz » Wed, 18. Dec 13, 22:58

I really can't wait for this to be released, it looks amazing.

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Wed, 18. Dec 13, 23:12

UniTrader wrote:if there were a mistake the debuglog would display something like this:

Code: Select all

[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/materiallibrary/collection[@name='environments']/material[@name='cluster_b_nebula_mask']/properties/property[@name='diffusetr']/@value' in patch file 'extensions\TESTMOD\libraries\material_library'. Skipping node.
(note the missing S in diffuseStr) - but if i write it correctly nothing like this is in the log, therefore something IS changed :roll: ;) question is how to notice it InGame..
The problem is, in ''Pimp my Skunk'' i have two of these errors because i redirect some of the materials to use one texture instead of two different and everything is absolutely fine.

Anyway, you can use this material for test ''vertexcolor_basis_06'' This change the intensity of the Lens Flares.Test with ''diffuseStr=0.0'' which should remove completely Argon Lens Flare from the game.
I'm just editing the texture for example purpose.DiffuseStr should do the same thing. :)
Last edited by ICO_hr on Sun, 12. Jan 14, 21:40, edited 1 time in total.

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Sat, 21. Dec 13, 06:31

Update on Devrie and Omicron...
Last edited by ICO_hr on Sun, 12. Jan 14, 21:41, edited 1 time in total.

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Sat, 21. Dec 13, 11:24

:o just :o
you are amazing at this , you can realy feel the volumetric of the nebula clouds in your texture it looks as if you could fly there , and of course makes rebirth look more modern in terms of graphics well done

Holzapfel
x3ap

Post by Holzapfel » Sat, 21. Dec 13, 15:54

Holy cow, this looks awesome!

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sat, 21. Dec 13, 23:23

amazing diffuse differences. thanks!

SupraRZ
x4

Post by SupraRZ » Tue, 24. Dec 13, 16:10

WOW can't wait for this can you preorder?............ooops......

Seriously fantastic work :D

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Sun, 12. Jan 14, 21:38

DESCRIPTION
Texture Overhaul for Albion,DeVries and Omicron Solar System Background Nebulas.

MOD VERSIONS
XRN HI-RES - Hi-Res textures.
XRN VANILLA - Vanilla size textures.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

jasonbarron
x4

Post by jasonbarron » Mon, 13. Jan 14, 02:32

Great job, ICO_hr! Thank you :)
Ayn Rand was correct.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Mon, 13. Jan 14, 03:55

Very nice, thanks :)
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

Tanvaras
x4

Post by Tanvaras » Mon, 13. Jan 14, 07:44

excellent work :)

ALien8ed
x4

Post by ALien8ed » Mon, 13. Jan 14, 07:57

Another fantastic mod.

Love your work and it's very much appreciated... :)

losthart2611

looks awesome

Post by losthart2611 » Mon, 13. Jan 14, 13:03

nice work.
thx for the mod.

redshift690
x4

Post by redshift690 » Mon, 13. Jan 14, 16:02

This looks amazing! Will definitely be using this my next attempt at a playthrough here in a few months. Thanks for this.

Général Grievous
x4

Post by Général Grievous » Mon, 13. Jan 14, 18:07

sweet! thank you.
Il vaut mieux mobiliser son intelligence sur des conneries plutot que de mobiliser sa connerie sur des choses intelligentes...

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 15:43

Excellent mod ... The only one I use ...Can someone tell me how to get rid of the comic book go faster stripes following the static exploding rocks in Albion.

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 15:55

birdtable wrote:Excellent mod ... The only one I use ...Can someone tell me how to get rid of the comic book go faster stripes following the static exploding rocks in Albion.
try turning off SSAO , however I dont see what you mean by the game looking comic book , yes there somthing that looks a bit lowish res about the game but it not the assets but more the render , so maybe SSAO will help when its off

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 15:59

@ Privata ... I never said the game looked comic book ... I said the impression of movement following the exploding rocks looked and is comic book.... the exploding moon or whatever it is meant to be ...

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”