SEWN and Claimable ships

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

jureidinim
x3

SEWN and Claimable ships

Post by jureidinim » Wed, 18. Dec 13, 06:24

I believe this is a script from the bonus package from egosoft - turns your advance satellites into a early warning network.

Seems to work ok, when i get the message of an "alert in <sector name>", thats warning me of actual enemy ships entering the sector.

However, i am a bit confused when the specific message (voice) comes over that "assistance required in <sector name>" and I check the sector - there are no enemies. When i check the logs however, there is an entry stating that my SEWN network has detected a "Claimable" ship. Yet all are piloted still? How would i even know which ship it was referring to (since really most are claimable if i forced the pilot to eject)? Is it telling me there is one that will be more easily claimed (and how would i know which)?

mib666007
x3tc

Post by mib666007 » Wed, 18. Dec 13, 07:48

Assistance required is what it says when a ship is no longer piloted in a sector. You can figure out which one is unpiloted by the name usually...like usually a ship will say "Argon Discoverer" but if its ejected, it will simply say "Discover". You can also notice the ship just standing still. With a name coloring mod, you can also just look for the "unclaimed" ship color.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Wed, 18. Dec 13, 08:38

Or you use my version instead. On hotkey press, you will get a report of enemy activity AND claimable ships also.

firestorm79
x4

Post by firestorm79 » Wed, 18. Dec 13, 09:06

mib666007 wrote:Assistance required is what it says when a ship is no longer piloted in a sector. You can figure out which one is unpiloted by the name usually...like usually a ship will say "Argon Discoverer" but if its ejected, it will simply say "Discover". You can also notice the ship just standing still. With a name coloring mod, you can also just look for the "unclaimed" ship color.
Also there is an odd bug with the 'assistance required' where after you complete a return abandoned ship mission (I know who actually returns them?!!) that ship will leave the station and for some reason still trigger the 'assistance required' signal as if it is an abandoned ship...

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”