[X3TC]Freight Transfer by Transporter Device and invisible cargo issue-any solutions?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Factor
x3tc

[X3TC]Freight Transfer by Transporter Device and invisible cargo issue-any solutions?

Post by Factor » Wed, 18. Dec 13, 22:43

Hello,

I have recently crashed into issue with transferring large amounts of cargo with Transporter Device between ships.

Yes, I know you have to be within 5 km range etc. and yes I have patch 3.2 for Terran Conflict installed.

My issue is that one:
When having two ships with multiple types of cargo on board, when I try to transfer it between them, at some point they are not appearing in the list.

Imagine for example I have all types of shields on my Mammoth and I want to transfer them to my Panther with 20 fighters. Then I want to transfer missiles and lasers, to equip all my fighters.

During such transfer at some point, for example when I am moving 25MJ shields from Mammoth, they do disappear from Freight Exchange list and I cannot transfer them back to the Mammoth, NEITHER I can equip them onto my fighters because they will not show in freight exchange list!

Initially I thought that this issue may be due to ships being captured or something. So I sold my old captured Panther and went onto buying a new one.

The issue appeared yet again for a newly purchased Panther (all fighters onboard were purchased too).

I have noticed that for some reasons there is an invisible cargo appearing onboard my Panther which most likely causes this issue. It may be related to the fact that some of the sips I captured had missiles installed in their tubes, but the amount of missiles was ZERO. (like 0x Banshee missile).

To my disbelief, ejecting missiles from both Panther and Mammoth does allow Freight Transfer between them (all items appear on the list), but I still can't equip my fighters.

And of course, if I eject everything from my carrier it still shows like 123/4100 of cargo is occupied.

Also, when I dock at my ship all my Salvage Insurance disappears as well as my police licences. This issue may not be related, both however happen only with ships that can be docked at.

Questions:
What exactly causes this issue?
Is there any known solution, apart from installing the game?
Is there like savegame editor or something?
A script that removes this invisible ware from player ships?

Anything? :headbang:

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 19. Dec 13, 11:03

That invisible transferred cargo and loss of licences and salvage insurance when changing ships happens with a corrupt or badly modded/patched game. Verify your Steam gamefile cache for X3TC (or repatch the DVD version entirely using 1.0.1-3.2 patch) and review the installation and compatibility of any installed mods and scripts.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”