Updates without Steam Access ?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

blazermick
x3tc

Updates without Steam Access ?

Post by blazermick » Sat, 21. Dec 13, 05:45

Hi Folks

Is there anywhere i can get the updates without involving steam ?

Apparently a latest update makes a 04 cat/dat and i would like to be as up to date as possible.

Steam cannot be used as they cannot get it working for me .. yes its their end (confirmed in writing), so how do i find the updates ?

Any info or directions are appreciated.

Thanks
Started playing at X Beyond the Frontier and Tension, and I'm still here at X4. Brilliant games until Rebirth and now x4 manages to regain some of the past glory. Lets hope x5 continues in same vein and not another "rebirth".

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Sat, 21. Dec 13, 09:54

I find that hard to belive.

Register tthe game, and ask again in tech support.
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 21. Dec 13, 09:57

I do not find it hard to believe at all.

However, I also do not think that there is another legitimate way to get updates for AP. If there were, then many people would use it.

blazermick
x3tc

Post by blazermick » Sat, 21. Dec 13, 13:02

vukica wrote:I find that hard to belive.

Register tthe game, and ask again in tech support.
Very true, extremely frustrating considering i have some old collectibles from there that cant be used without steam.

Luckily my experience with X series games is to keep a separate master file and update accordingly. Thankfully EGO released a non steam patch which makes it easily achievable without needing steam ... except for updates :headbang:

I have over 43 support emails (counted), a number of apologies and no answer to this dilema.

My TC_Ap is vers 2.5.2

Note: I am currently running 7 individual AP Mod games (own files) with 100's of working scripts in them (havent needed to update to make them work) & 6 TC Mod games.

However with the latest mod release i need Ap 3.0 or above.

Can anyone send me a "addon" basic updated to 3.1 ?? Actually, am i allowed to ask that in here ? hehe sorry moderators in advance.

I know of no other way to update my AP past 2.5.2 otherwise (unless EGO has some suggestions)
Started playing at X Beyond the Frontier and Tension, and I'm still here at X4. Brilliant games until Rebirth and now x4 manages to regain some of the past glory. Lets hope x5 continues in same vein and not another "rebirth".

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sat, 21. Dec 13, 13:24

Is it an issue with the computer your using, such that you could use another computer? If so you could update it on another computer with your steam account, then copy it wholesale. I've done it with Fallout New Vegas when I could only access internet fast enough from the Library.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Sat, 21. Dec 13, 17:13

Best thing to do is copy all your modded files/folders to a new folder(s).

Delete TC-AP from the Steam area. (thru Steam)

Reload the entire thing from scratch thru Steam.

Save the new addon folder in a safe place so when and if there is a new update then you can go back to that and update.
You think a hero is some weird sandwitch and not a guy attacking a Xeno J with a kestrel.

Sir.. I said .. A guy attacking a J with a kestrel is the sandwitch.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 21. Dec 13, 17:39

There is no other way of updating X3AP than through Steam. If you have technial problems with Steam than it would actually be nice, if you would state what the actual problem is and what you have done already to solve it or what the Steam support already suggested to do.
In any way, the Scripts and Modding forum is not the correct place for Technical Support. Register your game in your forum profile (FAQ) and either repost in the X3TC/AP Technical Support Forum with all the required information or ask a moderator via PM to move this topic for you.

*closed*
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”