Advanced Discoverer from Terran Plot....good?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kreiss

Advanced Discoverer from Terran Plot....good?

Post by Kreiss » Sat, 21. Dec 13, 12:43

Is this ship any good? It's got some awful shielding and its actually slower than my m4 Terran Sabre...I'm very tempted to sell it but I wanted some feedback from the forum. What do you guys think?

I've heard using autopilot is a sure way for your wingman to commit suicide so i'm not so keen on using it as a wingman to be honest.

Patholos
x4

Post by Patholos » Sat, 21. Dec 13, 16:03

If this is TC, then it's a unique ship.

http://www.x3wiki.com/index.php/Discoverer

If you sell it, you will never be able to get another one afaik.

My advice is to keep on to it, and reverse engineer it when you get the oppurtunity.
Sure glad I didn't purchase a new computer this release.

shameless creature
x3ap

Post by shameless creature » Sat, 21. Dec 13, 16:20

If this is TC, you can get another Advanced Discoverer as a reward during the Plutarch corporation "plot".

Other than being rare and therefore having some value for ship collectors, the Advanced Discoverer is not very useful. I would not give an M5 to a wingman (will be shot down in no time), and for player use as a scout, there are much better ships in its class (e.g. Kestrel).

Regarding your Advanced Discoverer's top speed, it's apparently not fully tuned. You can buy engine upgrades at every equipment dock, which will increase the ship's top speed to more than 400 m/s. This is much faster than any M4, albeit a good amount off the fastest M5 class ships.

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Sat, 21. Dec 13, 17:30

It's always a good idea to have a scout ship in your possession...

Fully upgraded it has a speed of 437.5, considerably faster than your Sabre, and it can carry M class cargo which means it can hold a Triplex Scanner and Satellites, which makes it better than your Rapiers.

That makes it an excellent scout ship to explore the universe and lay down your network of Adv NavSats.

However, it is outclassed by the Teladi/Pirate Kestrel which has M class cargo bay, much faster speed and a rear turret.

But hey, it's free.

Note: you should start Operation Final Fury before continuing the Terran Plot.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 21. Dec 13, 18:36

Since I spend a lot of time flying M5s I have a different view. It's a GREAT ship. Heavier shielding, great. Much greater missile capabilities, great. Jump capable, vital.

I prefer the Disco over the Kestrel for the better handling, and the Advanced is the best Disco there is.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”