[X3AP] Disabling Pirates?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Raider480
x4

[X3AP] Disabling Pirates?

Post by Raider480 » Mon, 23. Dec 13, 03:24

Is there some way to completely disable pirate activity? Specifically I was thinking to stop the pirate bases from respawning after they have been destroyed, and hopefully further to prevent pirate ships themselves from spawning out of Teladi SYs and from nothingness in the middle of sectors.
I have tried using the Pirate Guild 3 V1.59 AL mod and and editing anarkis.pirate.setup.strength so that the max and initial numbers of ships maintained at pirate guild outposts (renamed pirate bases) for all difficulties is set to 0. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to affect much of anything, and I have still seen pirates spawning at least in the middle of Pirate sectors.
Would this be something accessible from the jobs file? Could perhaps STO's respawn suppression system be adapted for Pirate/Teladi sectors?

Larxyz
x3tc

Post by Larxyz » Mon, 23. Dec 13, 10:46

I think its quite easy. just set the pirate stations to not respawn in the jobs file. That should still have them initially, but will not respawn once destroyed. If you want to remove the pirates too, you can do the same with the pirate ships.
I'm not 100% this will remove the pirates completely once destroyed... there might be other places where its set how how.
(for missions pirates will still show up tho)

Raider480
x4

Post by Raider480 » Tue, 24. Dec 13, 23:34

I looked through the jobs file, but all I can find is references to Pirates patrols; things like M3, M4, and scout wings, along with capital ships.
I guess GoD is managing the respawning Pirate Bases themselves. A quick look through most of the base game's scripts only showed references to setting ships on a patrol once already created. Even those just refer to patrol paths for standard ships via a helper script though.
Thanks for the bit about spawns from missions, I'm expecting that but it did slip my mind :P

Larxyz
x3tc

Post by Larxyz » Wed, 25. Dec 13, 09:20

hmm, my mistake, i was use it was there, but on closer inspection the only thing i could find was respawn time... i guess you could remove all the pirate jobs and add the initial ships by script. If you only want to modify your current game, then removing the pirates from the jobb file will stop them spawning :) (not shure if it removes all the ingame ships too tho)

Merry Christmas

Raider480
x4

Post by Raider480 » Wed, 15. Jan 14, 03:23

I've done a little more investigating even with the jobs file set to have no random Pirates patrols, and it seems that Pirates groups spawn when they get a new pirate base.
Nothing I do seems to be able to remove the pirate bases permanently (like the option we used to have) and even taking ownership of the bases (with the cheat script, and without destroying them) causes the pirates to spawn a new one almost instantly. I now have in excess of 50 appropriated pirate bases, yet new ones continue to be cheated in by GoD to replace them.
I can't seem to find the script which brings new pirate bases, but if anyone knows what it is, that information would be greatly appreciated!

Maybe something like this to remove them?

Code: Select all

* Raider480
* 2014-01-15
$msg = 'Running Pirates stations removal script now'
send incoming message $msg to player: display it=[TRUE]

$kinend = get sector from universe index: x=0, y=0

loop:
@ = wait 1000 ms
$pirbase = find station in galaxy: startsector=$kinend class or type=null race=[Pirates] flags=null refobj=null serial=null max.jumps=500
if $pirbase-> exists
$pirbase-> set owner race to [Player]
@ = wait 2000 ms
$pirbase-> destruct: show no explosion=[TRUE]
end

@ = wait 1000 ms
goto label loop:

end:
return null

Reido
x3tc

Post by Reido » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 20:49

You can never remove all the Pirates from the game.

It's hardcoded that some aggressive Pirates will always spawn.

It's one of the most annoying things that happen when playing as a Pirate that no matter how high your reputation is with them is the game engine will spawn aggressive Pirates that will attack you, your ships or other assets leading to all sorts of problems.

Reido

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”