Pirate Rep question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Spychotic
x3tc

Pirate Rep question

Post by Spychotic » Mon, 23. Dec 13, 17:10

Hi all,

This question concerns an age-old topic which I can find a lot of info on through searches, namely Pirate relations, but I can't find an existing answer to this specific question.

The question is; how complete can good rep with the Pirates be?

I ask because I'm sure that in the past I've had such high pirate rep that I've been friends with every single Pirate going. However, I can't remember to be sure, and on this game, whilst I have Brigantine and Galleon captains telling me how honored they are to help me find the Shipyard two sectors away, I'm still finding lots of hostile fighters running between bases, and all docked ships at pirate stations are hostile too.

Also, some (otherwise friendly) bases have hostile lasertowers guarding them.

The thing is, the pirate Stock Exchange in Gaian Star was one such base, but after a mission, the LT's suddenly turned friendly. But the Anarchy Port next door is still difficult to approach because of it's own defences. I just found hostile LT's around a base in Acquisition Repository too.

So; is it possible to boost rep enough that every Pirate is your friend, and how does one deal with the hostile lasertowers around otherwise friendly Pirate bases?

Spike
Check out the X3 Wiki!

Struggling with a plotline? Spike's Walkthroughs are your answer!

Whether you're building your first factory or a trading empire, this station management guide was made just for you.

shameless creature
x3ap

Post by shameless creature » Mon, 23. Dec 13, 19:04

There are two separate issues here:

Firstly, whenever you go from a hostile state to a friendly one with a faction, some of this faction's assets may not change their friend/foe settings correctly. This applies most often to lasertowers and ships docked at a station at the moment of reputation increase.

Secondly, by design, some Pirate fighter patrols will always spawn hostile, even if you have a +10 pirate rank.

In order to fix the friend/foe settings of lasertowers or ships that should be friendly, dropping a satellite, leaving the sector and then having a look at the sector map often works (not always, though, and it does not affect ships docked at a station). Alternatively, you can also leave the sector, then jump a different ship of yours in while you're OOS.

In order to dispose of lasertowers or ships that still remain hostile, you can use the "missile trick". To execute it, you need a missile-capable ship, for example an M7M, and another ship flown by the player in the same sector. Make the M7M fire missiles at the hostile object from a distance, then jump it out of the sector before the missiles impact while staying in the sector yourself. When the missiles strike their target without the ship they were fired from present in the sector, the game will be unable to identify the attacker, hence reputation or fight rank will not be influenced by the attack.

Spychotic
x3tc

Post by Spychotic » Mon, 23. Dec 13, 23:59

O.K. Thanks :)

I'd already put together my Aquilo with its missile producing complex for just this eventuality. Time to put the beast to work methinks.... :twisted:

Spike
Check out the X3 Wiki!

Struggling with a plotline? Spike's Walkthroughs are your answer!

Whether you're building your first factory or a trading empire, this station management guide was made just for you.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”