[REQ] Build Station at Coordinates?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Etyneo
x4

[REQ] Build Station at Coordinates?

Post by Etyneo » Wed, 25. Dec 13, 01:12

While setting up my factories, I've found the stock method of station placement to be rather cumbersome and sometimes inaccurate. As a result, I'm now looking for a script that will let me specify the coordinates to build a station at (similar to the navigation order to fly to coordinates). In the unlikely event that such a script does not already exist, I'm requesting that one be made.

Thanks in advance.
HP Pavilion dv6T Quad Edition | CPU: Intel i7-2670QM @ 2.2 Ghz | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1333 Mhz | Primary GFX: ATi Radeon HD 7690M XT @ 725 Mhz w/ 2GB GDDR5 @ 800 Mhz | Secondary GFX: Intel HD Graphics | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64

kero3189

Post by kero3189 » Wed, 25. Dec 13, 02:44

I'm going to follow this post incase there is one. I haven't found it.

Its a good request though. If I get around to it I'll try and write one. I have other things on my plate ATM though =[

Post by Guest » Wed, 25. Dec 13, 03:29

Etyneo
x4

Post by Etyneo » Wed, 25. Dec 13, 06:14

After looking that over, I've determined that while it has useful features, it is not what I'm looking for. Initial station placement still uses the vanilla method of moving the cursor around with the numpad, rather than typing in a set of coordinates.
HP Pavilion dv6T Quad Edition | CPU: Intel i7-2670QM @ 2.2 Ghz | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1333 Mhz | Primary GFX: ATi Radeon HD 7690M XT @ 725 Mhz w/ 2GB GDDR5 @ 800 Mhz | Secondary GFX: Intel HD Graphics | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Viliae
x3tc

Post by Viliae » Wed, 25. Dec 13, 10:26

Marry Christmas
Etyneo have you read the manual for FCC?
No you are NOT! Sorry but when I see answer like yours made me crazy!.

Code: Select all

3.3 Building stations by entering coordinates
You can also build a station by using the [Build station (coordinates) [FCC] ] command (in the
“general” command menu). This command lets you build a single station by entering exact position
and rotation coordinates. The command requires the following parameters:
1. Station (ware the TL's cargo bay)
2. X-Position (metres)
3. Y-Position (metres)
4. Z-Position (metres)
5. X-Rotation (angular degree)
6. Y-Rotation (angular degree)
7. Z-Rotation (angular degree)
The station will always be placed in the TL's current sector.
I think it's Christmas fault that people stop reading anything that time (too much so delicious food), but still.

Etyneo
x4

Post by Etyneo » Wed, 25. Dec 13, 18:53

In this case, I read section 3.1 of the manual, and it made no reference to being able to enter coordinates. Therefore, I moved on after seeing it using the vanilla station placement method. Oddly, in other sections of the manual, the author references features described in sections further into the manual, but did not do so for the coordinate placement of stations. This lead to my assumption that such a feature was not present.

I shall give the coordinates method a try for my next station building.

Viliae
x3tc

Post by Viliae » Wed, 25. Dec 13, 19:31

Hello
Etyneo wrote:...I read section 3.1 of the manual, ....
In that case please take my sincere apologizes for my previous harsh words and bad assumptions.
In future start from reading the content.

Best wishes to you in this special time.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”