[Ship] USC Ithica (M0)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

kero3189

[Ship] USC Ithica (M0)

Post by kero3189 » Wed, 25. Dec 13, 05:15

Looking for a few people to test out a ship. Its only the Hull and Camerydummy_1. I'll be adding Weapons/Engine FX/LOD after Christmas.

Feel Free to leave comments and suggestions. =]

Download

USC M0 Ithica

NOTE: Never completely understood the Package Creator so If someone knows how to use it to make XSP ships I'll convert this into one.

Install Instructions
  • 1. Unzip
    2. Drop 14.cat/14.dat in to your X3 Terran Conflict folder.
    * Check the highest number Cat/Dat present and rename the files 1 number higher if needed.
    3. Start the game
    4. Use the Cheat Package to Spawn the ship.
Screenshots
Last edited by kero3189 on Thu, 26. Dec 13, 02:22, edited 4 times in total.

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Wed, 25. Dec 13, 11:12

shouldn't it be ithaca

like the design, is it your own?
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Wed, 25. Dec 13, 11:31

Nice! Any chance of some more screenies?
[ external image ]
IEX Download Statistics - LUVi / XRMi ( 3115 / 5415 )
X4 Crexit 324 ; X4 Encounters 3193 (STEAM Unique/Current 6341/3412)

kero3189

Post by kero3189 » Wed, 25. Dec 13, 18:33

Terre - Sorry for the picture size I grabbed the wrong link for the pic when I posted that and didnt realize. Thanks for not crushing me with your bit Admin stick of Death. =] Merry Christmas BTW.

Moonrat - Sure I can post a few more Screenshots of the ship. What were you interested in seeing? (doing a bit more work with the model so I'll post more when I know what you want)

Vukica - Yeah I guess it could be spelled Ithaca. I guess its all in phonetics. Yeah its my concept design/modeling are mine, some of the parts were taken from ships already built and just remodled and played with so i didnt have to spend a massive amount of time creating hull plating and so on. I aside from some of the borrowed parts she was built from the ground up =]

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 25. Dec 13, 18:46

kero3189 wrote:I guess it could be spelled Ithaca. I guess its all in phonetics.
It has nothing to do with "phonetics". It has to do with "spelling". ;)

Interesting-looking ship. Carry on!

kero3189

Post by kero3189 » Wed, 25. Dec 13, 18:54

DrBullwinkle wrote:
kero3189 wrote:I guess it could be spelled Ithaca. I guess its all in phonetics.
It has nothing to do with "phonetics". It has to do with "spelling". ;)

Interesting-looking ship. Carry on!
We might be trying to say the name two different ways. I'm open for any name suggestions though I just named it that because it was the first random name I could find that fit the rest of the name "style" I'm trying to set up for the ships for the USC. I was going to name it "Synthia Isis" but figured that would be better fitting for a actual NPC ship name for a future plot involving the ship.

Viliae
x3tc

Post by Viliae » Wed, 25. Dec 13, 20:05

Marry Christmas
kero3189 wrote:... I'm open for any name suggestions ...
As you can see all Big ships (M1s, M2s) contain names from Japanese cities, so my idea is to use these names for class M0:
:arrow: Nippon or Nihon (eng: Japan);
:arrow: Kotei (eng: Emperor).

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Wed, 25. Dec 13, 20:18

how about Yamato?
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

kero3189

Post by kero3189 » Wed, 25. Dec 13, 23:12

I like those, I'll keep them on the burner.

What do you all think about

Shizukesa - "Tranquility"
Ikazuchi - A personal favorite which kinda fits its role "Thunder" The ship will end up having a anti Capital ship/Station Weapon when finished.

alonerhapsody

Post by alonerhapsody » Wed, 25. Dec 13, 23:32

[ external image ]

this is like a chuck norris in form of a ship!.

Etyneo
x4

Post by Etyneo » Thu, 26. Dec 13, 01:52

alonerhapsody wrote:this is like a chuck norris in form of a ship!.
They already have that, it's called the Valhalla...
HP Pavilion dv6T Quad Edition | CPU: Intel i7-2670QM @ 2.2 Ghz | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1333 Mhz | Primary GFX: ATi Radeon HD 7690M XT @ 725 Mhz w/ 2GB GDDR5 @ 800 Mhz | Secondary GFX: Intel HD Graphics | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64

kero3189

Post by kero3189 » Thu, 26. Dec 13, 02:21

They already have that, it's called the Valhalla...

New Screen Shot =]

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Thu, 26. Dec 13, 11:38

How do you plan on getting it through the gates? Or does it already do that due to its slim shape?
Still life in the old dog yet...

kero3189

Post by kero3189 » Thu, 26. Dec 13, 18:09

The ship is being built for a mod I'm creating. In Tue vanilla game its a bit large but in the mod I'm building it will be fine. I could build a package and default install a slip stream drive for those that want to use it out side of the mod I'm building.It wouldn't be soon though still have things on my plate to finish.

cellsafemode
x4

Post by cellsafemode » Fri, 27. Dec 13, 04:12

kero3189 wrote:The ship is being built for a mod I'm creating. In Tue vanilla game its a bit large but in the mod I'm building it will be fine. I could build a package and default install a slip stream drive for those that want to use it out side of the mod I'm building.It wouldn't be soon though still have things on my plate to finish.

Aren't X3 ships limited in the number of turret positions available ...albeit each position can have a number of guns... But wouldn't such a long ship have a ton of blind spots?

Also, it would be totally trivial to blow the crap out of it as it exits a gate since it wont be able to turn at all for like 2 minutes as it has to wait for half it's length to clear the gate or risk colliding and exploding itself.

side note. I haven't bothered testing this idea... but a ship like the aran can dock a cap ship externally... If i shoot at the cap ship, does the aran take damage or the cap ship or none? If none, that would be a pretty evil way to create a nearyl indestructable ship. A very slim needle like ship with hexagonal 360degree docking bays for other wedge shaped equally long ships ...they dock ..at the end of each dock clamp is a turret. You can shoot enemies..but enemies just hit docked ships. And you still fit through gates.

kero3189

Post by kero3189 » Fri, 27. Dec 13, 18:12

The ship was designed to have blind spots. I dont like the fact that there are a lot of ships in the game that are "self sufficient". Ships are designed to support each other. What one ship might lack in firepower it makes up in fighters or lack of turret coverage means it could engage from long range or with missels, have defense drones, repair drones.

This ship isn't "I got it I win the game"

I once its finished it will use subspace slipstream drives which allow it to travel. (Terrans built the gates so they have the tech) Also allows following ships to use its slip stream to travel with it. (future work)

As far as i know if its a externally docked ship the parent ship would take the damage. I'll test it once i get done with the turrets for the Ithica and post my findings. Good question =]

cellsafemode
x4

Post by cellsafemode » Fri, 27. Dec 13, 22:56

Where would the ithica fit in then being so massive? a carrier that big almost screams capital docking bays... If you're gonna go with the slipstream idea...which i take it is a UJD but to directed points instead of random unknown universe sectors like vanilla. Then the main reason for being so big would be to transport capitals where capitals can't go because they can't handle the size of the reactors needed for this slipstream drive along with their weapons and fighter bays.

I would go as far as saying that maybe just make it similar to the Aran in that it has really no weapons as all it's energy reserves are needed to power the massive shields required to cover it's size and the slipstream drive.

A slipstream transport ship capable of docking an M1 and M2 at the same time would be devastating all by itself. with enough energy reserved due to no weapons, it could hold shields up long enough to escape regardless of the attack on it. Maybe make it only carry capitals or whatever also can dock on capital ship capable docking bays. Citing all internal room is used by the highly radioactive reactors. That would be cool.

kero3189

Post by kero3189 » Sat, 28. Dec 13, 01:37

I like that idea. I'll build a ship that fits the defense feeling like that. The ithica is a anti capital ship weapon whose energy reserve fuels is slipstream drive and its main forward gun. If I gave you a example of a ship, it would be similar to the ragnorock (sp?) From Sins of a solar empire.

Thanks for that Cellsafemode, you gave me a few home defense ideas. I'll add a special thanks for you after I build the new ship. Maybe a easter egg also =]

cellsafemode
x4

Post by cellsafemode » Sat, 28. Dec 13, 17:12

thanks :) I run XRM ... and it's generally said that you can't add any ships to an XRM setup. Is that technically true or is it just more difficult because many ships replace existing ship "slots" ? I dont care if the added ships wont show up in any shipyards. My game already has the modified tag so i dont mind just injecting the ship into a sector via script editor.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 28. Dec 13, 17:21

There appears to be a minor bug in the XRM dummies file that prevents the Plugin Manager from merging .xsp's with XRM.

You would have to either fix the dummies file or manually merge any new ships. It is not impossible, but you have to understand how all of the pieces of a new ship fit into the game.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”