X3TC Can't drop Complex Construction Kit for 8th factory

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mwp5160
x3ap

X3TC Can't drop Complex Construction Kit for 8th factory

Post by mwp5160 » Sat, 28. Dec 13, 04:38

I'm playing the Steam version of TC with the bonus pack. I'm building a complex with 8 factories. The first 7 factories drop and connect without any problem. When I try to connect the 8th factory It'll show up in the menu with the hub, but when I select one or the other, the grid comes up again and asks me to choose a station. The cursor is on again but when i try to place it between hub and station, nothing happens. I've tried dropping the station in other locations too. On the first 7 factories I just selected the factory and the hub and it was done.

I don't know if this is the right forum but I couldn't post on technical.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Sat, 28. Dec 13, 09:33

Time to get out the tractor beam that last factory is obviously just out of reach of the hub.
Tow it closer and retry.

mwp5160
x3ap

Post by mwp5160 » Sat, 28. Dec 13, 16:58

I don't think that's the problem. I think it might be asteroids that don't really appear to be too close but I can't think of anything else. On of my pipes gets really close to a roid and it dropped ok. I'll get a tractor beam and or a team of mules and start moving asteroids. This is starting to feel like work. I screwed with this all day.

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Sat, 28. Dec 13, 17:46

Make sure your factory is within 20 km of the hub. it should connect if so. if not it wont.

To get around this you can drop a 9th factory, connect 8 and 9 together, place the NEW hub within 20 km then connect the two hubs together, selecting the one you want to keep first.
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”