[TXRM] True X Rebirth Mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Shadow Doctor K
x3tc

[TXRM] True X Rebirth Mod

Post by Shadow Doctor K » Sat, 28. Dec 13, 05:03

[ external image ]

NOTE: This topic is under constrution
NOTE: This topic was currently held by kero3189 (now Shadow Doctor K) Other topic will be deleted as soon as this one is up and running.

I'd like to announce True X Rebirth Mod. The goal for TRXM is to be a new spin on the X Universe. How you say? TRXM is a open community mod. What does that mean? Well it means there will be dedicated people to the mod but the best part is that its YOU the community that have the power. Help build, organize, add, and remodel to create a real X Universe of our own.

Stop by the Wiki Page to take a look at the first parts of the mod.
http://txrm.wikia.com/wiki/True_X_Rebirth_Mod_Wiki

Current Work List
  • [In Progress:Alpha Model] Trading Stations Overhaul: Terran Core Sector Trading Station
    [In Progress] Drone Variations
    [In Progress:Alpha Model] USC Ithica (M0) Remodeling
Current Mod Focus
Note: When condisering the projects for this mod consider how to make the mod as modular as possiable. This allows minimum creation (and mod size) while allowing max resouces to expand the in game material.

Primary:
  • Ship Expansion: I would like to see the ship selection grow by at least 20 ships per race with 2 - 3 varriants to each class. (Includes Drone Types) (Standard/Dammage/Defense Based)
    Factory "Setup": I would like to have the factories play the role of "Build & Setup".
    • -Factories are built as "shells" with different sizes which relate to their production rate (Leaves you a option to use those mines for Laser factories)
      -Primary Resource [Product] is picked at the time of construction.
      -Secondary Resrouces are set with exception of interchangable resources which a option is given for.

Secondary:
  • Economy: I would like to see the Trading station play its role more. It should be the Hub of the sector for Trading and Protection. Offer Protection to Stations in the sector for a small tax on profits. Offer Special Deals to Merchants... ect.
    Factory Expansion: I would like to see new Factories Created.

Back-Burner:
  • Sector Sizes: Increase sector sizes to allow for X Rebirth style models/game play type in the future.
    Sector Classes (Voids 10 x 10km/Border Sectors 20 x 20km/Colonies 40 x 40km/Developed Sectors 60 x 60km/Core Sectors 80 x 80km/Rebirth Size 200 x 200km)
Trading Stations - Each race will get at least 3 different variants of the Trading station customized to fit the role of their race. (Small/Med/Large) The Trading stations will act as they should, the core trading for the sector. On top of that they will fill the role of providing (In future works) Sector Protection to stations in sector or (For Core Sectors) a neighboring sector.

Drone Variations - Shield Drone, Repair Drones, Fighter Drones MKI/MKII/MKIII, Hacking Drones (Future Work), Construction Drones, Freight Drones, Mining Drones. Interested in one not named? Comment =]

USC Ithica - Hopefully I can get this ship completed and pushed out for use as a XPS ship (for testing) before Christmas.[/quote]
Last edited by Shadow Doctor K on Sat, 28. Dec 13, 16:48, edited 5 times in total.

Shadow Doctor K
x3tc

Post by Shadow Doctor K » Sat, 28. Dec 13, 05:04

Station List
  • [Alpha Model] Trading Station: Terran Core Sector Trading Station
Ship List
  • [Alpha Model] USC Ithica (M0) - (Special Thanks to Caduis for the parts I used to build this monster)
    [Alpha Model] M0 #Deca - (Special Thanks to TrixX for the custome textures)
    [In Progress] Fighter Drones MKI/II/III, Freight Drones, Repair Drones
Last edited by Shadow Doctor K on Thu, 2. Jan 14, 02:22, edited 5 times in total.

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Sat, 28. Dec 13, 06:44

removed as not needed
Last edited by TrixX on Sat, 28. Dec 13, 09:54, edited 1 time in total.
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Shadow Doctor K
x3tc

Post by Shadow Doctor K » Sat, 28. Dec 13, 07:24

Also removed due to not being needed =]
Last edited by Shadow Doctor K on Sat, 28. Dec 13, 14:07, edited 1 time in total.

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Sat, 28. Dec 13, 07:44

Yeah that bloated carrier was expnobody's and his work was based off Cadius's USC model's.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=308762

Just thought I'd let ya know. I haven't heard from him for a while, but crediting him for the parts would be about right. He doesn't mind people ripping them apart.
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Shadow Doctor K
x3tc

Post by Shadow Doctor K » Sat, 28. Dec 13, 07:51

I tried to message Cadius awhile back because I thought he found the same model I did and use it to make the models he did (which is why I was attracted to them. Guess it was the other way around.) and asked if I could use them in this mod I'm building. Never got a answer. I'll give him credit for the parts used. (Assuming you know him) Would he mind me adding his ships to my mod? They are beautiful and would fit right in (credit also given)

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Sat, 28. Dec 13, 09:56

I believe he has given permission for his ships to be used in other mods. He's not about on these forums much any more so I'm unable to get word to him.

His ships are used in XTL (my mod) and XRM already, as well as in Litcube's Universe if he releases it.
Sir Ken Robinson

Shadow Doctor K
x3tc

Post by Shadow Doctor K » Sat, 28. Dec 13, 10:10

Thanks, for the answer. I'll do some digging on it after I get dine the rest of my 8 hour drive =[

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Mon, 30. Dec 13, 01:25

I dunno if you are taking suggestions or not, but if there is one thing I hate about X3 it is constantly getting blown up when exiting a jumpgate.. I'd like to see larger more busy sectors and a complete removal of jumpgates, replaced by the ability to jump directly to the sector like in gateless sectors. IDK if such a thing is really realistic though.. But I'd like to have a play session that doesn't end with my ship exploding while entering or exiting a gate.

Maybe replace them with jump beacons and have your ship automatically jump as you approach the beacon.. or make the gates enter only... enter at a gate, exit at a beacon... dunno, just an idea, thought I would toss it out.

Shadow Doctor K
x3tc

Post by Shadow Doctor K » Mon, 30. Dec 13, 02:37

Yes I had already planned on adding a feature like that to the mod. One of the greatest fallbacks is the collision detection and those "oh crap" moments. Like jumping though a gate inside of another ship.

There are solutions for that right now:

Safe Undocking/Jumping by Gazz - Direct Download Link. If you want you can check out the fourm page also till I get a version of this concept in my alpha build.

Fourm: Link

Hope this helps you for now. =]

PS. Always open for suggestions and recommendations.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Tue, 4. Feb 14, 14:14

when an update for this? I shall be following it with great interest.

Shadow Doctor K
x3tc

Post by Shadow Doctor K » Wed, 5. Feb 14, 00:52

Dark_Ansem: Answered your question on the Deca thread =]

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Wed, 5. Feb 14, 07:39

ah, I see thanks, which mod of the 2 is currently being worked on? this one or the x.rebirth mod?

Shadow Doctor K
x3tc

Post by Shadow Doctor K » Sat, 8. Feb 14, 15:24

I work on both of them. I tend to keep the higher render models for the new game (building on UDK) and the lower ploy models for TXRM. The largest model (by ploy size) is going to be the new DECA I posted.

I'm working on both :)

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sun, 9. Feb 14, 18:19

ah! I see. why the lowest low poly for the XR mod?

Shadow Doctor K
x3tc

Post by Shadow Doctor K » Tue, 11. Feb 14, 00:50

Because the game is limited by the game engine. If I used hi ploy models in the game even with extreme Level of detail models it would still be too much to the game. To spawn one high poly DECA in game it takes the game 6 mins frozen before it shows up. So short answer if I did the game would be unplayable because the game would eat its own face =]

It limited by the processor and its only able to use 1 core for the game.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Tue, 11. Feb 14, 07:45

oh right the engine is old, I keep forgetting that :D

can you put a small video?

Trooper1994
x4

Post by Trooper1994 » Tue, 11. Feb 14, 08:50

i Know ill be a bit off-topic but this talk about the engine and poly modles got me thinking so... I'm wondering can X3Ap/X3Tc (if X3Tc is required for X3Ap to run) be ported to Rebirth's Engine, so people can have less limits on Modding (Imo) the best X-game.
("why can't I make risk-free credits while I slay the universe in my Black Death Ship of Pokemon that lobs auto-generating Fragmentation Bomb Launching Jesus Missiles at everything within 6,000 KM?" -Litcube 10/17/14)

[ external image ]

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”