[X3:TC]Terran Plot question [Spoilers]

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

spoidz
x3tc

[X3:TC]Terran Plot question [Spoilers]

Post by spoidz » Sat, 28. Dec 13, 22:34

I am trying to secure the Terran economy by using the Fighter-Dock trick in every station for now.

I have done the Terran plot up to
Spoiler
Show
Split Elephant Astronaut captured
and I want to go just far enough to open Earth without finishing the Terran plot before I do a lot of other empire building.

Can anyone just spoiler me back with how much farther I can go. I still want to see the rest of the plot for myself but don't want to trigger any more major consequences beyond access to Earth, if that is possible.

Thanks

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 29. Dec 13, 17:08

I believe you get Earth Access as part of the plot to enable you to do the last bit of that plot.

However, maybe a lot of trading and other generic missions such as station builds may help boost your rep up with the Terrans.

Terran/ATF reps are linked now(as of AP),so ATF missions could help too.
Last edited by TTD on Mon, 30. Dec 13, 22:30, edited 1 time in total.

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Mon, 30. Dec 13, 22:21

USC and ATF rep are only linked in X3AP. The OP is playing X3TC.

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Mon, 30. Dec 13, 23:11

Unlocking Earth is the ending of that plot.
What unlocks after the Terran plot is a continuation of the Terran plot, which eventually gives you access to Terran Factories.

So... you pretty much have no choice in completing both of those plots to get the Terran half of the game producing. And even still it won't compare to the Commonwealth side of things due to the advantage of jumpdrives and smaller sectors.

spoidz
x3tc

Post by spoidz » Mon, 30. Dec 13, 23:34

Spoiler
Show
Well if the Torus is the only thing you can touch in Earth and if it can't be destroyed by GOD
then I have everything saved so far, yes? I have a fighter in every station/sector thru the Moon.

I just want to save the starting stations for now and I'll work on the ECO as I work the Commonwealth as well.

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Tue, 31. Dec 13, 05:11

I'm not entirely sure sticking ships in a station has any effect. I'm fairly sure that it doesn't stop GoD from erasing them, as I have still had some stations disappear on me (and destroy the ship I parked there in the process). So at best it only discourages GoD, maybe.

spoidz
x3tc

Post by spoidz » Tue, 31. Dec 13, 05:21

Well I need to really confirm that then, I did it based on reading other threads about it being a valid save method.

If it is not valid then except for plot, Terran space really IS a waste for me.

I was hoping for the challenge of the ECO but not if GOD is gonna kill it no matter what.

EDIT

Well I just checked against my starting Scorp map and now and they all seem to be there.

I am at 1-07:50 flying time but I can't remember how you read that number.
And the date is 768-05-02 07:50

Looks to be working so far for me at least.

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Tue, 31. Dec 13, 06:37

Well. I should probably mention that of the hundred or so stations I've parked M5s in, GoD has only killed 2 of them.

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Tue, 31. Dec 13, 06:53

OniGanon wrote:Well. I should probably mention that of the hundred or so stations I've parked M5s in, GoD has only killed 2 of them.
That is pirates or xenon killing the stations.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 31. Dec 13, 08:49

yep. I have lost stations that way.

It can be the GoD sometimes,if your ship gets bumped out and does not get back in time,I guess.
Otherwise,they are destroyed by invasions.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”