[MOD] Build Shipyards v2.02 (Updated : June 20, 2014)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Berserk Knight
x4

[MOD] Build Shipyards v2.02 (Updated : June 20, 2014)

Post by Berserk Knight » Sun, 29. Dec 13, 07:11

Link to the mod : http://www.nexusmods.com/xrebirth/mods/350

Building your powerful empire...when you are forced to play nice with factions that own shipyards, it doesn't feel right.

Merely adding the vanilla shipyards to the build list only results in CTDs caused from recursive loops.

I've made a system that works with as little limitations as possible.

-Shipyard building system-
SY1 (Original) : Builds the usual ships. The CV built here is CV1 (original).
SY2 : Builds the usual ships, except it builds CV2 instead.
SY3 : Builds the usual ships, except it builds CV3 instead.

CV1 : Builds stations from the original build list + SY2.
CV2 : Builds stations from the original build list + SY3.
CV3 : Builds stations from the original build list. No L/XL shipyards.

With this configuration, building just one SY2 (with a CV1 that requires NPC owned SY1 to build) will allow you to keep building more shipyards (SY3) as you please. From that point on, you no longer need to use the NPC shipyards at all.
(If the system stopped at SY2, you'd still need to buy additional CV1s from NPC SY1s if you needed more shipyards of your own.)

SY2 and SY3 for DeVries use the Albion model instead, since it doesn't make much sense to build new stations that have half-wrecked station parts and corridors in them.

DeVries CVs' build lists have been altered to a selection similar to the pre-1.24 build lists. It now builds all Albion stations except for the shipyards.

-Update-
Fixed ship dealers so they can be remote commed.
Fixed Omicron Lyrae small shipyards producing ship parts using the wrong method.
2 files that were added by accident in 2.01 removed. (The 2 fighter scripts in the aiscripts folder. Delete them.)

New small ship pricing system based on the ship's actual specs.
Fixed Drostan torpedo bomber.

Updated for XR 2.0.
Addons have been dropped for now.

Minor update.
Added pricetags for ships of sizes S/M/L/XL, all of them, except for the Super Freighter. This includes the clone versions of freighters and miners that NPCs randomly use, and the Rahanas Hybrids. Even Split, Xenon, PMC's Xenon-Tech fighters, and the completely unused Katana/Daito variants are added, in case you manage to capture them or whatever.
(Super Freighters were excluded due to several reasons, including "why the hell does a *freighter* NOT have any cargo space" and "there's simply no comparable ship to base the prices on".)
Added an addon to build Titurels from DeVries.

Updated for the 1.24 patch.
"Build Small Ships" has been merged into this mod. (This mod is now effectively an all-in-one ship-building suite.)
Player owned shipyards now buy drones. (Requires a station manager.)

Fixed several bugs. (Will require a restart or manual save editing. Sorry.)
Omicron Shipyards Resource Fix has been integrated. (Do NOT use the Omicron Shipyards Resource Fix mod with this.)

Fixed the type 3 SCODAs (the ones without shipyard building capabilities) being left out.
(I don't know why I did that. :S)

Initial release
Last edited by Berserk Knight on Fri, 20. Jun 14, 02:56, edited 7 times in total.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sun, 29. Dec 13, 19:19

Thanks for your time spent on this!
What ships can be built then finally?

Berserk Knight
x4

Post by Berserk Knight » Sun, 29. Dec 13, 22:31

All the same ships(+2 altered SCODA per system), just the capability to build your own shipyards, so you can build your ships when you want, and where you want, without worrying about faction relations. (PMC relation messed up due to campaign? If you've got the Albion SCODA beforehand and built your own Albion shipyard with it, you can simply not give a damn about it.)

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sun, 29. Dec 13, 23:00

amazing :) a few screenies?

pref
x4

Post by pref » Mon, 30. Dec 13, 12:53

So i can build all the ships the faction can from which i bought the original CV? I mean when i build up my own XL yard (=shipyard 3?).

For ex i buy a CV from RoC,
then build civ SY,
then build CV(2) in the civ shipyard,
then shipyard 2 (L?),
then build CV(3) in SY2, which builds SY3, which has all the XL ships the original RoC XL one did?

So in the end i can build Taranis, Arawn, CV and another ship i dont remember in SY3?

Sorry for being so slow with this :)

Berserk Knight
x4

Post by Berserk Knight » Mon, 30. Dec 13, 13:50

pref wrote:So i can build all the ships the faction can from which i bought the original CV? I mean when i build up my own XL yard (=shipyard 3?).

For ex i buy a CV from RoC,
then build civ SY,
then build CV(2) in the civ shipyard,
then shipyard 2 (L?),
then build CV(3) in SY2, which builds SY3, which has all the XL ships the original RoC XL one did?

So in the end i can build Taranis, Arawn, CV and another ship i dont remember in SY3?

Sorry for being so slow with this :)
SY(2) and SY(3) are full-fledged capital(L/XL) shipyards, not sub-modules or the dingy Medium ones like the Civ Ship Dockyard in Cuspid Splint. They are full copies of the original ones...with minor changes.

You can build all the original ships you want with just the SY(2).

I'll explain again, and reduce the wall of text to make it easier to read.

Buy CV(1) from SY(1).
CV(1) can build SY(2) and all the other non-SY stations.
SY(2) can build CV(2) and all the other non-CV L/XL ships.
CV(2) can build SY(3) and all the other non-SY stations.
SY(3) can build CV(3) and all the other non-CV L/XL ships.
CV(3) can not build any SY - only non-SY stations.

So, you get one SY(2) up and running, you don't have to use the NPC owned SY(1) again. Ever.
You can even build more shipyards so you can pop out more ships faster if your economy can support it.
I had to make it a 3 stage SY system just for this. A 2 stage SY system would end with you going back to the NPC SY(1) if you wanted more shipyards, because a CV(2) is unable to build SY(1) or SY(2)...
With the 3 stage, a SY(2) can keep making more SY(3) as long as there's free station build spots available.

IRaven
x4

Post by IRaven » Mon, 30. Dec 13, 15:33

Thank you for spending your time in modding this game.

I got some questions about your modification:

- Where goes the money if i buy a ship in my _own_ shipyard?

Will it go to the manager so he can buy new supplies for ship building?
Or will it go to move.die ?

- And will my own shipyard still shoot out one ship after another or is it only reserved for me?

pref
x4

Post by pref » Mon, 30. Dec 13, 21:20

Sweet!

Thanks for the explanation, this is awesome. Gotta start a new game for this (otherwise it wouldn't have happened :D)

dirtysio

Hi~

Post by dirtysio » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 09:45

The Shipyard has no trade information after I load my game,the trade logs all disappeared,but the shipyard still need ware to build ships.After I load a date it just won't buy anythin',even I was already send a trade order before I reload it...And the store information of the shipyard all gone too,it shows me a number like 320000/320000 or any else,but there is noting inside.So I feel very confuse by this...

And there's one more thing.The SY won't buy any URV,I can't find any buying info at all.

dirtysio

Post by dirtysio » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 11:12

I guess I already found where the problem at....I started a new game and build a SY.

I told the Architect to add URVs after SY built completed,then I order a freight to sell URVs to the SY,a few minutes ago,the captain send a message said "I can't finish this trade here..".And now!The SY's trade information all disappeared!

HighVelocity
x3ap

Post by HighVelocity » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 12:45

Morning

Silly answer/question for this.
The mod folder index\macros.xml has 12 entry names like

<entry name="buildmodule_ships_albion_xl_2_macro" value="\Extensions\BuildShipyards\assets\props\SurfaceElements\Macros\buildmodule_ships_albion_xl_2_macro" />

But the assets\props\SurfaceElements\Macros has 17 files with "buildmodule" in it´s structure.

Also some other files are not identical. I´m only analyzing. Why are there 5 files more ?

hny,hv

drunkenjawa
x3

Post by drunkenjawa » Sat, 4. Jan 14, 06:49

Awesome mod!

Just wondering if there is a way to speed up the building process, the ships seem to take forever to build, is it due to a lack of drones?

Also the first construction vessel I build from my new shipyard seems to just have the macro name and I can't get it to build anything.

Berserk Knight
x4

Post by Berserk Knight » Mon, 6. Jan 14, 03:01

v1.2 is out.

Fixed some terrible bugs and got the addons working properly.
The bugs...they are saved in the savegame. However, it CAN be reversed via manual editing.

shawnbrown40
x4

cant tell architect to work

Post by shawnbrown40 » Mon, 6. Jan 14, 08:51

it wont let me add arcitect to the 2nd or 3rd scoda

Berserk Knight
x4

Re: cant tell architect to work

Post by Berserk Knight » Tue, 7. Jan 14, 00:39

shawnbrown40 wrote:it wont let me add arcitect to the 2nd or 3rd scoda
That's one of the major mess ups I've made. It's also a bit hard to fix with savegame editing.
(Some of the shipyards were messed up as well, but at least they can be fixed with 2 "find-replace all" runs in a notepad.)
1.2 should fix the issue, but the ones already built...well, it'll be faster to sell them and build new ones.

dijital
x4

Post by dijital » Tue, 7. Jan 14, 09:21

Berserk Knight, do you know if this mod has any compatibility issues with Fight Reloaded? FR changes capital ship stats and resource costs so I can imagine there might be potential conflicts.

This sounds like a great mod, I was actually surprised to find out the shipyards weren't build-able in the core game. Seems only natural that building your own shipyards would be something you'd want to work towards, at least for me it is anyways.

Berserk Knight
x4

Post by Berserk Knight » Tue, 7. Jan 14, 18:19

dijital wrote:Berserk Knight, do you know if this mod has any compatibility issues with Fight Reloaded? FR changes capital ship stats and resource costs so I can imagine there might be potential conflicts.

This sounds like a great mod, I was actually surprised to find out the shipyards weren't build-able in the core game. Seems only natural that building your own shipyards would be something you'd want to work towards, at least for me it is anyways.
"Everything built in Omicron" falls in the "incompatible with (most) other mods" category. I'll check out FR, adjust values to match (ridiculously simple unless FR "adds" things to ships) and put that in as an addon.

...And yes, not being able to build shipyards was a major /facepalm factor for me too.
HighVelocity wrote:Morning

Silly answer/question for this.
The mod folder index\macros.xml has 12 entry names like

<entry name="buildmodule_ships_albion_xl_2_macro" value="\Extensions\BuildShipyards\assets\props\SurfaceElements\Macros\buildmodule_ships_albion_xl_2_macro" />

But the assets\props\SurfaceElements\Macros has 17 files with "buildmodule" in it´s structure.

Also some other files are not identical. I´m only analyzing. Why are there 5 files more ?

hny,hv
I don't know how the heck I missed your reply in the first place, esp. with the colored texts in the middle. :/

The 5 are modifications to the original game files.
...Hey, I need to ADD the new shipyards to something that's in the original game so something builds it, don't I?

dijital
x4

Post by dijital » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 02:29

Awesome, thanks for taking a look. I figured the Omicron ships might be an issue, as well as the changes to the resource cost of the ships (they are more expensive since they are also buffed).

shawnbrown40
x4

Post by shawnbrown40 » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 11:45

not sure if its the mod or the patch but now after the intial stage 1 build for a yard im having issues with

<value name="$obstructed" type="integer" />
<value name="$obstructioncheck" type="integer" value="1" />

<<< save game xml it should be

<value name="$obstructed" type="integer" value="0" />
<value name="$obstructioncheck" type="integer" value="1" />

I installed the obstruction check overide mod but still have this issue building in omnicron

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sat, 18. Jan 14, 03:42

Does it still work with 1.23?

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”