[X3:TC] CLS pilots sing jumpdrive - how ?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mjwraw
x3tc

[X3:TC] CLS pilots sing jumpdrive - how ?

Post by mjwraw » Sun, 29. Dec 13, 13:57

What's the knack to getting CLS ships to use jumpdrives, is it dependant on training level ? At present I have Apprentices, Couriers and Logisticians, and I'm losing all of them because they insist on flying across Xenon sectors to get to Nyanas Hideout to pick up Spacefuel rather than jumping across (I'm trying to use CLS traders to supply the IBL Forge in Loomankstrat's Legacy).

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Sun, 29. Dec 13, 17:53

Use the sector blacklist option when setting up your ships and remember to set refuelling waypoints.
If your ships run out of fuel they will carry on to the next waypoint regardless of what sectors they have to traverse.

Look on the Brightside you don't have to pay them pensions once they get killed.

Best author for this is timsuptonothing. who is an expert at CLS/CAG.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sun, 29. Dec 13, 18:12

CLS has a setting for jump drive use in itself. It doesn't use the regular jump drive settings. It's on the first menu, three or four items down, just below "supply conditions" I think.

Anyway, from there you need to set 'use jump drive' to yes and give it a minimum jump range. If you set that to zero they will always jump, even if they are going to the very next sector, and I think even if they are going to a station in the same sector they are in if there is a gate closer to the goal than they are when they start. In any case make sure this is set low enough that they will jump when you need them to jump.

Then you need to supply them with fuel. There is no automated trading pilot who can be trusted to maintain their fuel. They will always do stupid things, like run out of fuel and head for the nearest SPP which is always just on the other side of a blacklisted sector.

So on your waypoint list you need to provide 'reload jump fuel' waypoints, and you need to make sure they come up often enough to prevent problems. You also need to make sure they are places the pilot will actually pick up fuel.

I've had problems using stations for this, I suspect there's some sort of 'we don't sell resources' in play. Maybe it works if the station has an SPP in it so cells are also a product, and maybe it works if the station is the ship's homebase.

I'm not really sure, because I quit worrying about it. I go out a cap a freighter, slap CLS on it, dock it, rename it 'fuel tank', and give it a single waypoint at the station 'load e-cells up to 2500'. Then I can use it to supply fuel to any CLS ship that needs fuel by using 'add ship, fuel tank, reload jump fuel'.

That's pretty much everything I know about making CLS pilots use jump drives I think.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

mjwraw
x3tc

Post by mjwraw » Sun, 29. Dec 13, 20:13

Hmm, thanks TimesUp, I had set the CLS jumpdrive setting to Yes, but had the minimum range set at 1, so I'll try it at zero. So there's no difference in jump drive usage based on rank ? (Apprentice compared to Logistician for example)

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sun, 29. Dec 13, 21:36

mjwraw wrote:Hmm, thanks TimesUp, I had set the CLS jumpdrive setting to Yes, but had the minimum range set at 1, so I'll try it at zero. So there's no difference in jump drive usage based on rank ? (Apprentice compared to Logistician for example)
Must be cargo messenger or above to use jump drive.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

mjwraw
x3tc

Post by mjwraw » Mon, 30. Dec 13, 19:19

Thanks, that probably completes the jigsaw ! Have to be a certain rank, and make sure it's set to zero. Cheers !

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”