X3TC. Why no green tick next to update patch downloads? - Replied.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Katpagan
x3tc

X3TC. Why no green tick next to update patch downloads? - Replied.

Post by Katpagan » Sun, 29. Dec 13, 19:54

I am thinking about uninstalling/reinstalling TC to do a clean restart. As my DVD version is 1.0 I would need to install all patches as I have done in the past however I was thinking about downloading and using the 1.0.1 to 3.2 patch which does all of them in one go.

Unfortunately when I went to download it I got a yellow question mark next to both versions. Apparently this means either may be incompatible with game, not registered or not logged in. As the game is registered and I am logged in this leaves not compatible which doesn't make sense. I have had green ticks before in the past for the other update downloads but now I don't get any with any of the downloads.

As well as TC I also have Reunion registered so I was wondering if maybe it was getting them mixed up in which case the updates would be incompatible however this seems very unlikely.

If for some reason this is irresolvable and I am left with the question marks would it make any difference as to which version of the 1.0.1 to 3.2 I try either Mirror:dl2 or Mirror:dl3.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 29. Dec 13, 21:27

Ignore the ticks or lack of. That aspect of the updater is broken and has been for a long while. I guess if it were easy to fix with the ancient BBS forum system it would have been done by now.

The 1.0.1 - 3.2 patch is safe to use with any DVD TC version whatsoever. Indeed just running it on top of your current non-Steam game installation is a good way to correct any suspect patching issues or corruptions in non-core gamefiles. What that will not do though is to remove any 3rd party mods or script leftovers, nor install or repair the appropriate TC Bonus Pack which is available separately from the Egosoft download site under TC bonus material.

The different mirror sites are just alternative download locations (you might get a better download rate with one or the other depending upon your location and network usage and conditions). Whichever you choose, you will get the same patch files.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Katpagan
x3tc

Post by Katpagan » Sun, 29. Dec 13, 23:36

Thank you very much for your reply. You've set my mind at ease now knowing that the problem isn't my end for a change :) I can now do a full clean sweep, reinstall and update with just the one patch with confidence.

Thank you and I hope you have a great new year.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”