Modify factory coordinates?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rzadzins
x3ap

Modify factory coordinates?

Post by rzadzins » Sun, 29. Dec 13, 22:59

Hello,

I've encountered an unusual situation. I've built my HQ (from the NMMC plot) too close to the bottom of the Gate Hub (from the Atreus plot) and as a result delivery ships trying to dock at the HQ start hitting the walls and get stuck like this.

Apart from this being hilarious, it is actually becoming annoying and I was too late to realize this, so I got no saves from before this situation.

tl;dr: Is there a way to modify my save game somehow to change the HQ location a bit? Or perhaps reset the HQ plot so I could self-destruct my HQ and do it all again?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 29. Dec 13, 23:21

Just get yourself a tractor beam and tow the station somewhere else--no need for any messy modifying of save files. If you decided that you *do* want to go to those lengths, you need to be asking in the Scripting and Modding forum anyway.

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Mon, 30. Dec 13, 01:04

Building inside hub sector isn't usually a good idea due to it being small. If you are okay with modified... then just go over to modding sectionr and get cheat package that is included in one of the stickied topics there by Cycrow. Delete HQ and then add a new one to your TL then just build it anywhere you want.

Alternatively you could try playing around with tracktor beam. But like I said HQ isn't small(I'm just assuming you are talking about corporate HQ(equipment dock which doesn't have equipment)... and hub sector isn't big but still includes 6 gates + hub itself.

If both options are no-go... just go out of sector. Will solve any collision problem :P

Actually if you are indeed playing AP... later in the plots you are offered to move your PHQSs...
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

rzadzins
x3ap

Post by rzadzins » Mon, 30. Dec 13, 10:27

Guys, thanks a lot for your responses. I didn't think tractor beams will work on the HQ - I will give it a try today \o/

Yes, I really don't wan't to get the *** modified *** tag. I know it's a SP game, but it just grinds my gears ;)

As for moving the PHQ in the plots - might be, I haven't finished any other plots, sort of focused on building an empire... and BTW - I'm really tempted to record a short film of the ships bumping into the bottom... the view is hilarious ;)

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Mon, 30. Dec 13, 16:49

rzadzins wrote:Guys, thanks a lot for your responses. I didn't think tractor beams will work on the HQ - I will give it a try today \o/

Yes, I really don't wan't to get the *** modified *** tag. I know it's a SP game, but it just grinds my gears ;)

As for moving the PHQ in the plots - might be, I haven't finished any other plots, sort of focused on building an empire... and BTW - I'm really tempted to record a short film of the ships bumping into the bottom... the view is hilarious ;)
Play how you want to play, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Whats fun for is fun for you and that is that.
That being said... now you either need to fish out a tractor beam or wait for plot movers :P Or leave it.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

rzadzins
x3ap

Post by rzadzins » Mon, 30. Dec 13, 19:34

Guys, of course you were right, the tractor beam did the job and the freighters are no longer going bonkers ;) Thanks y'all for the help.

BTW, if only expanding the HQ to a complex hub was possible, and the possibility to actually expand it with Equipment Docks where I would be able to upgrade engine/rudder/cargo and train marines, then the Gate Hub is a perfect sector for HQ... Apparently this is almost possible with mods, but I don't want to run any scrits just yet ;( Too bad developers did not consider these features worthy...

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Mon, 30. Dec 13, 20:38

rzadzins wrote:Guys, of course you were right, the tractor beam did the job and the freighters are no longer going bonkers ;) Thanks y'all for the help.

BTW, if only expanding the HQ to a complex hub was possible, and the possibility to actually expand it with Equipment Docks where I would be able to upgrade engine/rudder/cargo and train marines, then the Gate Hub is a perfect sector for HQ... Apparently this is almost possible with mods, but I don't want to run any scrits just yet ;( Too bad developers did not consider these features worthy...
Corporate HQ and hub both act as equipment docks, they can store a specific amount of each ware but over all storage capacity is not defined unlike PHQ where you have a set limit on total capacity. Sadly that is all that vanilla equipment docks are good for. Storage facilities or trading docks. There are mods that make it possible to research extensions/software etc.

On side note... I have no clue if regular equipment docks you can buy from argon can be connected to complex or not. Little point tbh.

A complex can always store more resources depending on how many factories produce/use said resource are included.
Take a look at this screenshot:
http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/687 ... 542DBEC8A/
The actual value for e-cells and terran mre becomes garbled because its so high...
Now to make an example.
PHQ as in the player HQ that can reverse engineer/repair/salvage/build/spraypaint ships. Maximum storage you can have on it after modifying phq script is 2,147,483,647. Not really sure why Egosoft decided they needed a signed 32 bit integer for it... instead of unsigned... could have had 4,294,967,295. But the point is w/o changing internal code complex can store more stuff then modified phq(or at least it looks that way from the game... It could always just hit that 32 bit cap and sit pretty on it... who knows). Equipment dock doesn't come even close.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 31. Dec 13, 17:25

Shipyards(PHQ), Equipment Docks(Corp HQ/|Hub) and Trading Stations cannot be connected via CCKs.

afaik, not even via mods.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”