Turrets wont fire

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Shomey
x4

Turrets wont fire

Post by Shomey » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 16:31

Hello,

I recently got a m6 from the plot, my first ship with turrets. It has high energy plasma trowers on the side, back and top but it doenst seem to be fireing. No mather what i put in the turret options in gameplay. They also do not show up on the weapons interface left bottom of my screen. Anyone knows if I`m missing something?

Playing vanilla with bonus pack installed.

Shomey
x4

Post by Shomey » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 16:36

As far as I see I might be missing fight command software mk2

Burnt Pies
x3tc

Post by Burnt Pies » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 17:03

Turret commands are set in the Commands section; the place you go when you're ordering one of your other ships to do something. The options in the gameplay section are for custom commands, for when you want your turrets to do something not covered by the commands given.

Shomey
x4

Post by Shomey » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 17:17

Burnt Pies wrote:Turret commands are set in the Commands section; the place you go when you're ordering one of your other ships to do something. The options in the gameplay section are for custom commands, for when you want your turrets to do something not covered by the commands given.
I just found the commands by pressing shift c. Thanks! If these rurrets fire, does that mean it drains power from my fowards guns aswell|

Without mods there is no on/off switch for turrets right?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 18:11

Yes, all guns share the energy pool.

Yes, no shortcut keys for that, IIRC.

A light turret gun in Missile Defence mode consumes less energy, but obviously is not as aggressive. HEPT is not light.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 18:31

Also the only weapons that will show in that display are the ones assigned to the turret you are actually in.

IN flight it is simple select your ship> advanced> weapons and install ( Note it will not install an incompatible weapon so is perhaps a better way of being sure what weapons you have available.

I have found on occasion that when I transfer excess weapons to a supply ship or Eq dock for storage it will take them from my turrets and not the cargo and I won't know till I realise I am taking unnecessary damage, or check my weapons slots.

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Thu, 2. Jan 14, 02:50

I'd switch to PAC or PRG in your turrets. HEPTs are a bit too slow for missile defense and hitting the faster fighters.

Ebany
x4

Post by Ebany » Thu, 2. Jan 14, 03:49

You can use F1 to go to ur turret view.

At on stage I had a Heavy Dragon where I had to go to turret view to change the weapons from group 4 to group 1. From main view I would change to group 1 but for some reason my turrets would stay locked to group 4 and wouldn't fire until I went and manually changed them to group 1 through turret view.
He who bends himself a joy
Does the winged life destroy,
But he who kisses joy as it flies
Lives in eternities sunrise.

Shomey
x4

Post by Shomey » Thu, 2. Jan 14, 16:50

OniGanon wrote:I'd switch to PAC or PRG in your turrets. HEPTs are a bit too slow for missile defense and hitting the faster fighters.
After looking into it the PRG seems to be a nice option.

Another question:
In th plot i`m up to the part where I need 3 laser towers which are not for sale anywhere. I`m saving now to setup a own complex to produce them. However I saw that you later need a xenon ship. I guess the enemy ship needs an eject action for me to get the ship? Can ai eject lol... And my autocannons need to be turned off I guess? Otherwise they might shoot the ship?

Ebany
x4

Post by Ebany » Fri, 3. Jan 14, 00:48

For this I will answer with a link, not only will this be quicker for both of us, it's also explained far better than I ever could with my broken englesh.

You will find locations through the game which sell laser towers, personally I would recommend this over making a factory.
e.g. PTNI to Family Pride provided me with 5 towers when I 1st did it.

Oh, the "L" is a tough ship to capture so it's recommended to attempt it each time you come across them.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 3. Jan 14, 09:34

I always keep Xenon / or Kha'ak ships...at leasst one of each type.

I never know when I might need them or want to use them.

L's seem to bail when you don't need them, but when you need one...well, they seem rare to bail....at least in my games.

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Fri, 3. Jan 14, 10:19

Capturing an L the normal way is horribly tedious due to how stubborn Xenon are.

I put it off until I could afford to just buy a flak frigate (Griffon in my case) and fly it through entire Xenon fighter groups (in Xenon sectors or spawned by missions near them) until I got an L to bail.

I'm not sure if that was any faster, but it was a whole lot less frustrating than sitting in an M3, spending several minutes slowly plinking away at an L only for it to commit suicide via missiles.

edit: As for Lasertowers, check Military Outposts, Paranid/Argon Trading Docks and the Lasertower Factories in core Paranid space and Cloudbase NW.

Ebany
x4

Post by Ebany » Fri, 3. Jan 14, 16:23

sorry, my link failed to attach so here it is again

http://roguey.co.uk/x3ap/help/guides/plot/

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”