lottery??

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

robirl
x2

lottery??

Post by robirl » Thu, 18. Mar 04, 14:32

i'm Kind of strapped for cash lately.i've been tempted by the lottery.Now is it a scam or has anyone actually one the damn thing ?Before i start spending my cash on buying the odd ticket. :?:

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 18. Mar 04, 14:34

No-one has yet posted a convincing screenshot showing that they have won.

cools71
x2

I thought I did

Post by cools71 » Thu, 18. Mar 04, 14:45

Then I woke up and my girlfriend handed me coffee!!

It is Just a scam to nick your cash so far, someone will win it though. i would kinda defeat the object at the beginning of the game. i wonder how amny noobs have thought "I'm on to something here" and had to restart!

(Hey CBJ, how is it?)

Cools
Space is very empty......Until you fill it with things.

beefsteaks
x2

Post by beefsteaks » Thu, 18. Mar 04, 14:47

I would imagine it's possible to win it, I think. I t would be nice to have some dev confirmation on this though. Maybe the odds are just 14 million to 1!!!

VoidlessVoid
x2

Post by VoidlessVoid » Thu, 18. Mar 04, 15:04

I'm almost positive it's possible to win because when you go to your player profile and hit page down you see you stats and in the section befor the list of objects distroyed you have things like BBS accepted and compleated as well as lottery tickets bought, won.

veelad
x3tc

Post by veelad » Thu, 18. Mar 04, 17:07

Of course its possible to win, spend,spend spend

the more you spend the better the chance :twisted:

just think, you could be famous, your name in the hall of fame up along with Thestyx :D

I also hear the lottery is easier to win 3/1 if you buy your tickets from the secret UFO base, but ya gotta find it first :o
There will be no Boom and Bust under my watch in the economy of my universe ROFLOL

Howlingmad
x3

Post by Howlingmad » Thu, 18. Mar 04, 17:15

veelad wrote:Of course its possible to win, spend,spend spend

the more you spend the better the chance :twisted:

just think, you could be famous, your name in the hall of fame up along with Thestyx :D

I also hear the lottery is easier to win 3/1 if you buy your tickets from the secret UFO base, but ya gotta find it first :o
Well I bought 25 tickets from there and didn't win once, so I'm not sure your chances are better by buying from the secret UFO Base. :(
What no sig or avatar. I wonder why?:(

Summo
x3

Post by Summo » Thu, 18. Mar 04, 18:58

I bought four tickets for the lottery and I won the missing Corvette and a UFO came and hailed me telling me to follow it and I did in the missing Corvette and the UFO docked at a camouflaged station about 25km south in Ceo's Buckzoid and it gave me 100,000,000,000 credits just for docking and it gave me a cloaking device and one of those Goner jumpdrives that don't need energy and when I left the station I saw the rogue Split M2 and it didn't attack me instead I fired a mosquito at it and when it hit it surrendered and now I don't know whether to fly back in my Corvette or my M2.

Tanall
x4

Post by Tanall » Thu, 18. Mar 04, 19:14

Dude...lay off the sugar.

Doringo

Post by Doringo » Thu, 18. Mar 04, 19:18

I actually scripted a camouflage(cloaking)device once, but it didn't do anything :cry:
I'm currently seeing if I can script me a Gateless Drive... 8)
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Kurgen
x2

Post by Kurgen » Thu, 18. Mar 04, 19:20

I bought four tickets for the lottery and I won the missing Corvette and a UFO came and hailed me telling me to follow it and I did in the missing Corvette and the UFO docked at a camouflaged station about 25km south in Ceo's Buckzoid and it gave me 100,000,000,000 credits just for docking and it gave me a cloaking device and one of those Goner jumpdrives that don't need energy and when I left the station I saw the rogue Split M2 and it didn't attack me instead I fired a mosquito at it and when it hit it surrendered and now I don't know whether to fly back in my Corvette or my M2.
Did you ever go to band camp? :P
Until the next war, it's time to party!

Mantid
x2

Post by Mantid » Thu, 18. Mar 04, 20:10

If you go ages without buying one, the price goes down, and the choice goes down to 2 tickets instead of 3. This is especially true when buying them from Borons. Does this have any effect on the likeliness of winning?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”