XINPUT1_3.dll missing when I have Win7 up 2 date

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

mangar
xr

XINPUT1_3.dll missing when I have Win7 up 2 date

Post by mangar » Fri, 3. Jan 14, 04:57

Ok I run everything from an external drive, 500 Ghd
runs X3R TC and all the others to XTM XTC NHTC and many others. :D

I did that AP exe download, I did the install ok, but....
1. try to run it from any of my PC or desk tops that do not have STEAM stuff on them it tells me I have missing files?

2. Yet the only PC I did put steam installs on was for my kids skyrim and second to install a box version of rebirth that is fine and working. BUT it does a APPCRASH and errors.

I only have R which is steam on the one PC out of 5, all my other X games are out of the box, yet I get quite a bunch of issues when I have to mix steam into it.

Q. does AP non steam run 64 bit, is this why on a win 7 professional 32 bit that has all the latest upates and directx installs past 11, I double checked.

I said no to steam to update my graphic dlls once before and crash my system, reistall my OS the moment steam takes over to install to my desktop it crash and that is why steam now only goes on one laptop in my house.

is the non steam exe of AP running thinking there are Steam files on the system and looking for dll that steam whats, but since have been hinderd to run stand alone.

thanks any input.
Oh the fun of restarting x3tc all over again!

"Never confuse education with intelligence." - unknown

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 3. Jan 14, 12:20

You should have installed the no-steam exe in a copy of the game install made outside the Steam folder for safety. There is no need for Steam to even know about that installation of X3AP and the no-steam exe does not activate Steam at all when you start it. X3AP needs a full copy of Steam X3TC gamefiles and the X3AP addon folder to run.

It sounds as though you are using your regular Steam folder shortcut to start X3AP rather than a specific shortcut to the separate no-steam folder installation.

Examples of my shortcut targets:

Regular Steam X3AP: "steam://rungameid/201310" OR "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\x3 terran conflict\x3ap.exe"

No-Steam X3AP: "D:\Legacy Only\Program Files (x86)\EGOSOFT\X3AP non Steam\X3AP_n.exe"

Remember both versions would use and overwrite the same X3AP savefiles unless you back up and switch saves or use mrbadger's excellent X3AP gamesave manager.

All X games (even X Rebirth) are 32 bit exes.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

mangar
xr

Post by mangar » Fri, 3. Jan 14, 18:54

Alan Phipps wrote:You should have installed the no-steam exe in a copy of the game install made outside the Steam folder for safety. There is no need for Steam to even know about that installation of X3AP and the no-steam exe does not activate Steam at all when you start it. X3AP needs a full copy of Steam X3TC gamefiles and the X3AP addon folder to run.

It sounds as though you are using your regular Steam folder shortcut to start X3AP rather than a specific shortcut to the separate no-steam folder installation.

Examples of my shortcut targets:

Regular Steam X3AP: "steam://rungameid/201310" OR "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\x3 terran conflict\x3ap.exe"

No-Steam X3AP: "D:\Legacy Only\Program Files (x86)\EGOSOFT\X3AP non Steam\X3AP_n.exe"

Remember both versions would use and overwrite the same X3AP savefiles unless you back up and switch saves or use mrbadger's excellent X3AP gamesave manager.

All X games (even X Rebirth) are 32 bit exes.
Hi Alan, Long time since last :)

Ok I ONLY have store bought DVD out of the box and no steam installs (ill get to that one PC that does)

Everywhere everyone calls out no steam.exe YET tells people to move the TC steam install to another file, *cough* yet many of us never had steam installed? so I tried duplicated the so called steam folders one way to mimick like I had steam LOL complete failure.
I gave up 3 months ago.

Now after Purchasing Rebirth, having steam on one pc, BUT still I am back at square one. I never bought TC from steam, only the DVD stand alone disc.

I have a few people ask "PM" me if I got my NON steam? They say they dont get it either. "If I are not running steam, how do I end up moving steam folders to a new location, when steam was never installed??? - I kind of think they have a point :roll:

The non steam exe is for people to play AP on a version of a STEAM purchased TC, where as you move the (copy) to dump AP stuff on the copy so steam does not update.

Seems where do the full DVD purchased people stand? I have not really found a good thread. Some start with what install and bonus stuff of TC Even on XTU some say upto 1.2 some 2.2 or 2.2a mod stuff or even just Clean TC install to be moved (Copy) from steam folders.

I performed it about 5 ways, Maybe make it clear for me or anyon else that has purchased the FULL EGO soft standalone disc?

Sign up an account with steam if you dont have one, registar your copy (but some wondered if it was ego or do they have to regisatr it with steam too?

Thanks, Im like a can of worms :lol:

Or will it be time for the DVD members to wait for a CLEAN ego AP exe that is a truely NON stean version?

EDIT: Hey Alan, I seen a better place to ask the the Question on your other thread http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=355517 Ill put it there.
Oh the fun of restarting x3tc all over again!

"Never confuse education with intelligence." - unknown

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”