Unknown Sector 7,16 missing Asteroids

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mtlmaks
x3ap

Unknown Sector 7,16 missing Asteroids

Post by mtlmaks » Fri, 3. Jan 14, 05:52

Hi,

I'm looking for sectors to connect the first gates of the Hub Plot, and I came across Unknown Sectors 7,15 and 7,16 west and south of Unholy Descent, that are also talked about in several discussions on that subject. Now, US 7,16 is supposed to have 20 Asteroids and 5 of them having a good silicon yield, like so: http://eng.x3tc.ru/x3_tc_map/sector.php ... OTc1MjM5NQ
I mapped out the whole sector and only found 4 Ore Asteroids with a yield of 2 and one Ice Asteroid. Where are the missing Asteroids...? :p

Thanks. :)

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 3. Jan 14, 08:49

How did you map it? Looking at the listed coordinates, the high-yield asteroids are *way* off the ecliptic--if you just used mapping command software you might well have missed them.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 3. Jan 14, 08:59

There is a Paranid sector where you have to go way below the ecliptic to find a "missing" 'roid.

There may be other sectors too.
Use the [Insert] key to change elevation of each scan, both above and below the ecliptic.

Also, using Triplex scanners and/or advanced Sats help to search sectors .

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Fri, 3. Jan 14, 11:04

Since the hyperlinked page provids actual co-ordinates for the "missing" asteroids, may I suggest the OP give a ship a "move to position" (I think that's what it's called) command to a location within scanner range of each of the Asteroids in question?

mtlmaks
x3ap

Post by mtlmaks » Fri, 3. Jan 14, 19:14

Hi,
thanks for your reply guys. Found them - the Asteroids were indeed way out of the initial Mapping-Kestrel's triple scanner range and the advanced satellites's scanner range. It didn't occur to me to search outside of the 0 level, never did that in any sector actually so far. And sorry about not paying attention to the coordinates in the x3tc.ru link... :oops:
All is fine now, thanks again! :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”