CHQ (Corporate Troubles plot reward) storage

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Psycho0124

CHQ (Corporate Troubles plot reward) storage

Post by Psycho0124 » Sat, 4. Jan 14, 04:07

Just completed the Corporate Troubles plot. The plot itself was pretty fun but.. that reward..

It's just plain old EQ dock? After all that? With Dockware Manager included in the bonus pack now, you'd think they would have made the Corporate Headquarters have a flexible storage system like the PHQ. I've been searching for a while and the ambiguity of the CHQ vs the PHQ is making it really hard to find anything on it. Has anybody seen/created a mod to change this stations storage to behave more like the PHQs yet? It sure would be nice to have a useful capitol ship EQ dock!
Intel I7 3770K OCed @ 4.2Ghz
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
16Gb Mushkin DDR3 @ 2800
SanDisk Ultra Plus 128GB Solid State Drive
EVGA Nvidia 660Ti w/3GB GDDR5
Enough fan noise to raise the dead ;)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 4. Jan 14, 05:00

Yeah, I wanted to improve the Corporate HQ as you suggest, but nobody else on the development team wanted it.

So that leaves Enhanced Equipment Docks (eEQ). It is a terrific mod+script, but it does change some of the vanilla files, so be sure to read the first post.

For AP 3.x, you will want the eEQ for AP3.x (ubuntufreakdragon) version.

Psycho0124

Post by Psycho0124 » Sat, 4. Jan 14, 05:43

Nice, thank you! I saw the Enhanced EQ mod but hadn't found UbuntuFreaks AP version yet. I guess I'll order my capitol fleet to open up on my CHQ, sit back and enjoy the fireworks, then pop a shiny new Capital Ship Supply Base in its spot when the ashes clear. :twisted:

That's a real shame about the design decision for the CHQ. It had the potential to be a really useful unique station. If you don't mind me asking, what use did the dev team have in mind for it?
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
16Gb Mushkin DDR3 @ 2800

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Sat, 4. Jan 14, 09:59

DrBullwinkle wrote:Yeah, I wanted to improve the Corporate HQ as you suggest, but nobody else on the development team wanted it.
It wasn't a case that nobody else wanted it, but rather having it do something that ES would allow so as to not totally unbalance the game.

Also having someone script it, and time restraints with testing etc... to actually get the update released.

Psycho0124

Post by Psycho0124 » Sat, 4. Jan 14, 20:27

With so many X players feeling let down by Rebirth and itching for an X-Universe fix, I bet Albion Prelude is going to be enjoying some much deserved popularity. I'd be surprised if more patches aren't in the future for AP; maybe a useful CHQ could still happen.

Since the PHQ already has the functionality in-game, ES would surely see a smaller storage-only version as a balanced reward. The code already exists for the system in the PHQ and the eEQ mod so there are good examples to work from.

I'm pretty good with Lua.. Hell, maybe I'll dive into X scripting and see if I can come up with something.
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
16Gb Mushkin DDR3 @ 2800

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”