ERROR: My M3+ won't dock in my TM

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rockelino
x4

ERROR: My M3+ won't dock in my TM

Post by rockelino » Sun, 5. Jan 14, 22:43

I don't know if it's a tech support or a gameplay issue, so I hope I'm posting it in the right place. I'm in the process of doing the first mission in the "New Home" plot, and bought a brand new Magnetar TM. Its cargo bay currently has over 500 units available, and no fighters docked. It sits in space, waiting for my Eclipse to dock, but the when I give the order, the Eclipse flies close, then turns around (and back at it, in an endless loop). I tried to be inside the Eclipse, and also inside the Magnetar (and also inside neither), but nothing seems to work. The X3 Wiki page says the Magnetar can hold 4 fighters (from M5 to M3+). Am I doing something wrong?

Please help!

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 5. Jan 14, 23:03

If it wasn't able to dock it wouldn't give you the option to ask it to dock. Try moving the TM or turning it to a different heading--ships often get "stuck" when trying to dock at these vessels (I think the collision detection gets confused because the docking approach is so close to the ship), and moving the ship around will often help.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 5. Jan 14, 23:38

I get this problem if the TM is too close to a station. PJ is spot-on.

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Mon, 6. Jan 14, 02:37

Yeah moving the TM a bit should work.

Personally though I just make sure all my ships (the ones I have any intention on flying anyway) have Docking Computers and Transporter Devices. So I solve this by beaming onto the fighter, getting within 5km and instantly docking with the power of space magic.

Astronoid
x3tc

Post by Astronoid » Mon, 6. Jan 14, 19:38

Try getting into the M3+, target the Magnetar and open the command menu. If you're close enough, there is an option to ask for docking permission (usually on 7). With that, you should be able to dock manually without problems.
"Kiss my plasma vats"!

rockelino
x4

Solved

Post by rockelino » Tue, 7. Jan 14, 03:37

Thanks for your help. It worked!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”