[MOD] Auto Trader (v1.1 Dec 15 2015)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Fri, 14. Aug 15, 14:19

Hi plynak,

Please try to select the ship from the property menu and then trigger the autopilot. If this still not works then please send the zipped saved game to me.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

plynak
x3tc

Post by plynak » Fri, 14. Aug 15, 17:42

Hello Euclid,

please find the savegame here

http://ulozto.cz/xjdjx6pE/save-001-xml
Intel Core i5 4590, 2 x 8GB DDR3 1600, MSI GTX 1060 Armor, Asus H97 Pro, Asus Xonar DG, Crucial MX100 128GB SSD + 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Seasonic S12G 550W, Corsair 550D, 22'' LG

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Fri, 14. Aug 15, 20:54

Please zip it and email it to me. The link you've provided requirers a registration & login which I do not wish.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Post by 19850216 » Wed, 19. Aug 15, 14:04

ok...its strange

i add a scaldis to my squad

and i double click shift+a ...nothing happened

but when i remove it from my squad

and i cdouble click shift+a ...it show up...auto trade

and its working...

scaldis can buy something and sell it

but i dont know what it is

cant see it

then

i add some mod...it fail and stuck

jazzdd

Post by jazzdd » Thu, 3. Sep 15, 16:07

Hi
I have XR 3.6 and found your AutoTrader extension today.

I got it working, but the captains command always shows "None - Jumping".
Is this normal?

And it puts a * char behind the name of the captain.
Normal?

It did one trade, now it sits there. The inital logbook entry was with 0 profit. When i try the show profit command it doesn't write a new entry in the logbook. I think its not working properly with 3.6?

Angelbite
x3

Post by Angelbite » Fri, 4. Sep 15, 02:22

jazzdd wrote:Hi
I have XR 3.6 and found your AutoTrader extension today.

I got it working, but the captains command always shows "None - Jumping".
Is this normal?

And it puts a * char behind the name of the captain.
Normal?

It did one trade, now it sits there. The inital logbook entry was with 0 profit. When i try the show profit command it doesn't write a new entry in the logbook. I think its not working properly with 3.6?

AutoTrader works fine with 3.6.

The trader have allways None-Command and when he has found a trade, he initialze the jump and jumps directly to the station.
He dont need any fuel and Cargo URV.

The first Trade seems to be allways with 0 Profit and for the next trade it will take a little time.

jazzdd

Post by jazzdd » Mon, 14. Sep 15, 21:33

I have another issue with that mod. I used a station trader for another purpose and added the ship to my squad, after that I tried to restart the station trader. But this doesn't work.

The command displayed is Standing by, I try to activate the station trader but the only option I get is to show profit. But the trader is not activated it still shows Standing by and not None as usual.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 15. Sep 15, 22:44

Yes, if you assign an AutoTrader to a station it will cancel the script. To make it an AutoTrader again, remove it from the station assigned to first. Then start the AutoTrader as usual.

Cheers Euclid

cheetahhawk
xrvr

auto trader

Post by cheetahhawk » Fri, 23. Oct 15, 01:57

i installed the human resources mod as well as the autotrader there was a selection to stop autotrader i clicked it once before and i have not figured out how to turn the autotrader back on. do you have a toggle for it?
btw i even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mod, since then i have not been able to get autotrader to start working again.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Fri, 23. Oct 15, 02:06

Hi cheetahawk,

I'm not familar with the Human Resource mod and cannot help there. Maybe you should ask the author of HR.

However, to stop any Autotrader just add him to your squad. This will stop the script, and how to (re)start the Autotrader has been explained in the OP here and has not changed since.

Cheers Euclid

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Fri, 23. Oct 15, 06:02

IIRC, the Human Resources compatibility link to AutoTrader is in New Orders -> AutoTrader, or if multiple trading ship mods are activated it will be in New Orders -> Extensions -> AutoTrader. The button will link to the autotrade startup or resume autotrading conversations as appropriate.

The AutoTrader entry in the mod compatibility section in HR's main thread has more information. You can bother me over there if the buttons dont seem to be working.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Tue, 27. Oct 15, 17:44

I don't know if I'm asking a recurring question here, but despite the risk of dragging the anger of the forums over my head (:D), I have to ask:

-Are there any plans to extend the mod to ships without universal storage? (I'm mostly thinking about the auto-miner function when asking this. I like those Onils)
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

cheetahhawk
xrvr

Post by cheetahhawk » Tue, 27. Oct 15, 21:55

i have it fixed now thanks, in fact some of the ships get bugged some times and get stuck in their tracks, what i have had to do was change captains out, by telling the new captain to work there and replace the old captain. sometimes though just docking with the ship will make it start moving again.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Wed, 28. Oct 15, 05:03

Hi Ezarkal,

Feel free to modify it for your own needs. In the md folder the file EuclidsAutoTraderAlt.xml has in line 10 the condition sequence

Code: Select all

<do_if value="(event.object.owner == faction.player) and (event.object.type == entitytype.commander) and event.object.ship.cargo.{ware.energycells}.max and event.object.ship.cargo.{ware.ore}.max and event.object.ship.cargo.{ware.bofu}.max and event.object.ship.cargo.{ware.water}.max">
of which the last four are only met by a ship with univesal cargo. If you delete those then any ship can be made AutoTrader. However, a word of caution: If you make a destroyer AutoTrader it will only sit about an do nothing ;-)

Cheers Euclid

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 28. Oct 15, 09:56

or if you change it to this it will be restricted to Ships with any Cargo Bay:

Code: Select all

<do_if value="(event.object.owner == faction.player) and (event.object.type == entitytype.commander) and ( event.object.ship.cargo.{ware.energycells}.max or event.object.ship.cargo.{ware.ore}.max or event.object.ship.cargo.{ware.bofu}.max or event.object.ship.cargo.{ware.water}.max )">
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 15. Dec 15, 12:44

4.0 compatible version uploaded. See OP for details.

Cheers Euclid

Kyots

Post by Kyots » Wed, 6. Jan 16, 06:55

No idea why but suddenly all Auto Traders stopped working

When i try following the steps to "relocate" the only option i have is to check profits, dont mater if the A.T. is in squad or not is the same thing
I will try create new auto traders see if something changes

If you want have a look in my save file here`s the link: https://mega.nz/#!GYBCzK4Y!FY61my1pcmF2 ... Bq5Lmr01Yg

Edit: The new one is working... so no clue what made the old ones stop and why i cant make them run again

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 6. Jan 16, 08:23

Is there anything you can remember changing even if it seems unlikely to be he cause?

Did you switch to the beta or install/remove any mods? Any save game editting?

Kyots

Post by Kyots » Wed, 6. Jan 16, 09:20

I didint removed any mods from this save and no save edit either that was more strange no visible change and when i saw then floating idle
Thinking back only change i did was change them to auto refuel, i noticed one idle and though maybe they need some fuel in the bay sent the idle one to refuel and changed all to auto refuel (after i read they dont need fuel :D)

Later i tried many ways to make them work again but the only one that seen to work is simple change the captain and start again as sector trade

To me looks like the AT scrip stop and i dont have a way to force them to restart (when i try start again with auto pilot only option is to show profit) or something like that

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Thu, 7. Jan 16, 21:33

Kyots wrote: ......Thinking back only change i did was change them to auto refuel ... (after i read they dont need fuel :D) ....
Yes, that will stop the script. And it's not a surprise that you could not restart the AutoTrader. As long as the auto fuel option is on this will stop the AutoTrader instantly.

Anyway, I'm glad you've sorted that out ;-)

Cheers Euclid

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”