[MOD] Auto Trader (v1.1 Dec 15 2015)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Wed, 11. Oct 17, 14:21

Netblaise wrote:DOes this still work?
Yes, works fine in my game.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Stonehouse
x4

Post by Stonehouse » Tue, 31. Oct 17, 00:24

Is it common that a galaxystationminer just start to collect something without any offer?

My GSM started mining niv cause there was no need for mining stuff at my stations...but i have no station that need niv...after he collect 10k one station needed ore so he switched to ore...got 2,5k (cause the storage was already blocked with niv) and sold it...mined the next 2,5k and sold it...

So...does he sell the niv to other stations? Or sould i take care of it...

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 31. Oct 17, 14:34

Sells products to other stations automatically.

Stonehouse
x4

Post by Stonehouse » Tue, 31. Oct 17, 14:42

Didnt even look like ... still got the niv at storage and using the free storage for other stuff my stations need...

I edited the amount that should be free after mining stuff ;)

I removed the log msg for total profit...cause that spam rly sucks...i'd like to just lower it but looks like if i extend the "wait" i slow down the whole script or did i read it wrong :D

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 31. Oct 17, 18:53

Hi Stonehouse,

And no, a station miner should only collect resources that are in demand for at least one of your stations. He will not trade with any npc stations. If none of your stations require any collectibles then the station miner will idle and check the demands of your stations in frequent intervals.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Stonehouse
x4

Post by Stonehouse » Wed, 1. Nov 17, 00:49

So...why did he collect the Nividium? XD
(Now i builded a station which Nividium consumes and he instant jumped there and sold the stuff)

May if he look for Nividium he found Nividium Tubes and just take care of the first part?

Don't know how exact ware.nividium work :P

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Wed, 1. Nov 17, 17:48

Stonehouse wrote:So...why did he collect the Nividium? XD
(Now i builded a station which Nividium consumes and he instant jumped there and sold the stuff)

May if he look for Nividium he found Nividium Tubes and just take care of the first part?

Don't know how exact ware.nividium work :P
Nividium belongs to the ware group minerals and hence is a collectible.

As to why he harvested Nividium, I honestly do not know. I've checked the code again and could not find any clue. The only explanation I have for now is that there was one of your stations (maybe the warehouse?) in demand of Nividium.

Strange part is, that once the miner has spotted a customer (one of your stations in this case) he will reserve the deal so no npc (or other auto trader) can take it away. However, the reservation has a timeout. So it could be that he took too long to collect the requested amount and another trader got the deal. This would explain why he was stuck with a load of Nividium.

Cheers Euclid

Stonehouse
x4

Post by Stonehouse » Wed, 1. Nov 17, 21:49

I didn't had any Niv orders and not even a warehouse :D

maybe the vanilla code hints em an offer ;)

may i check the other mods...maybe some trade script did some strange ;D

ty for looking into

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sun, 7. Jan 18, 15:23

It seems to me that it does not work at 4.30. :(

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sun, 7. Jan 18, 15:31

alexalsp wrote:It seems to me that it does not work at 4.30. :(
Could you please be more specific? What is not working?

Cheers Euclid

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sun, 7. Jan 18, 15:51

Did, as written in the description. But the ship does not receive any commands. The trade menu is not displayed.

If the mod works for you, then maybe I'm doing something wrong.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sun, 7. Jan 18, 18:49

Hmm ... my AutoTraders doing their job but I have not tried to start a new one recently. Will look into that.

Do you have AutoTraders running already and do they trade and report (player logbook) as usual?

Cheers Euclid

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sun, 7. Jan 18, 22:14

Hm, i wanted to install ur mod again quite a while ago (i think it was even before 4.3 was out?!) and couldn't get the traders/miners to trade/mine.
But i can't remember what the actual problem was. xD
One of the latest patches must've broken it cuz i know i've used it already a long time ago and back then it worked.

Not very helpful i know, sorry. :D

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sun, 7. Jan 18, 22:32

Thanks to both of you. I think I've found the problem

Code: Select all

<do_if value="event.param">
					<do_if value="event.param.isclass.ship">
						<start_conversation actor="event.param.pilot" conversation="EuclidATradeConv"/>
					</do_if>
					</do_if>
The "event.param.pilot" returns "null" and hence the menu won't show. I'm not sure what has changed but even in the vanilla scripts cues with this particular line have been commended out.

Cheers Euclid

Edit: Scratch the above. In Notifications.xml, line 872 reads

Code: Select all

<start_conversation actor="event.param.pilot" conversation="Speak" type="unqueued" convparam="$Speak_Line" />
where "event.param" is a ship. Hence this works. Will investigate further. E.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Mon, 8. Jan 18, 00:32

Ok, the AutoTrader mod is working fine. The previous "null" for the pilot was due to the fact that I've tried to run the script on a bailed ship (yes, my combat rating is pretty high :p ) and that had no pilot.

I've generated a new ship (Titurel) with all personnel, targeted it, hit shift-A twice and got the AutoTrader menu. Was no problem to start the sector trader. I've waited until he jumped out to commence his first trade deal.

So, I do not know what your problem is. Please try again and also check your debuglog.txt for any related messages. If your problem persists please email the zipped saved game to me.

Cheers Euclid

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Mon, 8. Jan 18, 17:52

Yes, switched SETA, The ship began to work after a while. There is no error in the log file.

In the menu, I noticed the option - Properties. I choose the menu. No dialog boxes are displayed.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”