Gotta say loving X3 reunion, but tough game

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tasogie
x3ap

Gotta say loving X3 reunion, but tough game

Post by Tasogie » Tue, 7. Jan 14, 06:52

Man this game is tough, I like it... lol
Though I gotta say as a 47 year old DeepSea Trawlerman, it is making me feel really stupid :(. Took me 10 mins to work out how to dock, an even then it wouldn't. It just cruised up to the docking thingimy an sat there....

Dont even get me started on how to follow the guys in my mission to patrol these sectors....

Hell I can navigate to china an back, an I can catch fish in 2 mile depth oceans, dammed if I will let a computer game beat me :p
WestHam for life (Sam Allardyce for Prime Minister)

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Tue, 7. Jan 14, 07:16

Yeah, it's one of those "learning cliff" games.

For manual docking (if you haven't worked it out yet), you need to comm the station for permission.

Otherwise you can use the auto-pillock (if you don't mind dying half the time, ok, it's probably not more than 20% of the time, but considering you can't save in space until you've found somewhere that sells "Salvage Insurance" & bought some...) or docking computer (once you have one, & if my recollection that X3R has them is correct).

Tasogie
x3ap

Post by Tasogie » Tue, 7. Jan 14, 07:54

my biggest issue now is, the game keeps crashing..... I got the addon on steam, but doesn't help..
WestHam for life (Sam Allardyce for Prime Minister)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 7. Jan 14, 12:57

Two miles deep?! Holy crap, that's a lot of fishing line! ;)

Don't feel bad. The X3 games are very "deep" in their own way. You can have hundreds of hours of fun with them -- or more. Just learn one thing at a time, and move on.

Have fun!
  • Crashes are most often due to sound problems. Check the stickies at the top of the Tech Support forum, or post your problem report there.

An incorrectly *uninstalled* script or mod can also cause crashes. If you have ever used those in your game, then check the threads for the specific script or mod and look for uninstall instructions.

hisazul
xr

Re: Gotta say loving X3 reunion, but tough game

Post by hisazul » Tue, 7. Jan 14, 13:05

Tasogie wrote:Man this game is tough, I like it... lol
Though I gotta say as a 47 year old DeepSea Trawlerman, it is making me feel really stupid :(. Took me 10 mins to work out how to dock, an even then it wouldn't. It just cruised up to the docking thingimy an sat there....

Dont even get me started on how to follow the guys in my mission to patrol these sectors....

Hell I can navigate to china an back, an I can catch fish in 2 mile depth oceans, dammed if I will let a computer game beat me :p
That's the spirit.

Also this is half the fun with X games. Even us who played X2 and X:BTF and X:E had to re-learn a boat load of stuff(pun intended) when X3 came out back in 2005.
You learn new things even after 100s and 1000s of hours. And since its sandbox at its heart you never know just what is going to happen when you take your ship and start piloting towards some goal you "plan" next thing you know you are catching spaceflies, mining nividium and trying to hit a xenon station by slingshoting asteroid at it with tractor beam. Bizzare ideas ftw.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”