Problems on getting Terran conflict or Albion prelude with X3 Reunion

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tasogie
x3ap

Problems on getting Terran conflict or Albion prelude with X3 Reunion

Post by Tasogie » Tue, 7. Jan 14, 10:10

Question please guys. I was told to get Terran conflict or Albion prelude, but I tried ot get the Albion prelude an it said I had to have TC as well... Trouble is, I doubt I am gonna play Terran conflict when I just bought X3 reunion today...
WestHam for life (Sam Allardyce for Prime Minister)

DiArmada
x3tc

Post by DiArmada » Tue, 7. Jan 14, 11:00

reunion was released before terran conflict.
TC has therefore more features and more sectors.
reunion is great to start with, but I think once you're done you'll start playing TC.
Egosoft is one of the few companies who stay with their winning formula.
every X game up to Rebirth has been what the users wanted.
basically the same concept with more and better features.
in the end, once you're done with TC, you'll start AP as well.
good luck and have fun.

Tasogie
x3ap

Post by Tasogie » Tue, 7. Jan 14, 11:35

oh thanks mate, much appreciated... So all three games dont work as one?. You actually have to install them as separate games?

I was told X3 reunion was only out last year?

edit I jsut bought the Terran war pack ? had TC an the other one in it, so I assume thats correct?.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Re: Problems on getting Terran conflict or Albion prelude with X3 Reunion

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 7. Jan 14, 11:44

Tasogie wrote:Trouble is, I doubt I am gonna play Terran conflict when I just bought X3 reunion today...
Albion Prelude is an expansion of Terran Conflict. That is why TC is required when you buy AP. There is no need to play TC at all.

TC does have its own rich set of plots. If you play a "vanilla" game, then you may want to play those (I especially enjoyed Final Fury and Balance of Power).

If you enjoy a modified game, then the S&M forum has TC Plots for AP which allows you to play the TC plots on the AP engine, which is the best of both worlds. That way, you can skip TC completely while still enjoying TC's rich plots. It is a better combination than playing TC, because the AP engine is superior (and the TC plots have had some bug fixes and enhancements that make them more enjoyable on the AP engine).
  • (AP is almost two years old. X3:Reunion is several years old -- older than TC. So the order is: X3R, X3TC, X3AP.
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Tue, 7. Jan 14, 11:48, edited 1 time in total.

Tasogie
x3ap

Post by Tasogie » Tue, 7. Jan 14, 11:46

oh magic thanks heaps mate, thats exactly what I need. I just got the basics of combat sorted in X3 reunion, an still got my arse handed to me lol.... I need one of those Capital ships I saw a guy with on Youtube, those look fun :).

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 7. Jan 14, 11:55

Yeah, learning the ships, weapons, and how to fight is a big part of the fun of the game.

Best single combat tip: Learn to Barrel Roll.

You have hundreds of hours of fun ahead of you; enjoy the journey!

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Tue, 7. Jan 14, 12:57

Tasogie wrote:oh thanks mate, much appreciated... So all three games dont work as one?. You actually have to install them as separate games?

I was told X3 reunion was only out last year?

edit I jsut bought the Terran war pack ? had TC an the other one in it, so I assume thats correct?.
X 3: Reunion was released in ... november 2005 :P
X 3: Terran Conflict was released in october 2008
X 3: Albion Prelude was released in december 2011

Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude all run on reunions engine but with heavy modifications. Difference is Terran Conflict is stand alone while Albion Prelude is not and requires Terran Conflict.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Tasogie
x3ap

Post by Tasogie » Tue, 7. Jan 14, 13:16

yer ta mate, all good now, all installed, looks good

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”