Could use some Advice on my Mining magnate Empire (to be)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tasogie
x3ap

Could use some Advice on my Mining magnate Empire (to be)

Post by Tasogie » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 09:16

Hey guys, I am at the moment looking up on youtube an forums, but I need some help on how to get started with my mining amarda :D.

I want to basically have 20-30-40 mining ships and a space station to use the minerals (eventually). But I sold one of my ships an bought a few upgrades for my remaining ship.

(Using the modest trader starting position)

The video I saw on youtube said to use Stock market to get a leg up, but it seems they wont let me. I saw some ships that look like miners (I think).... but I only have 50k
WestHam for life (Sam Allardyce for Prime Minister)

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 10:02

Ok, the mention of Stock Markets presumably indicates you're playing X3AP (information which may be relevant to later posters).

Disclaimer: I haven't played recently, though I did do a couple of weeks after the X3AP 3.0 patch IIRC

Regarding the Stock Exchange trading issue:
One thing about the Stock Exchanges is that each race has certain conditions that must be met before their exchanges are usable.

The easiest to unlock are the Teladi, just dock at one of their SE's, & you'll get a message prompting you to pay them 10,000Cr for trading rights (further information can be found here, since I was unable to access the offical AP FAQ).

Note that once you have met the requirements, for everyone but the Teladi, Yaki, & Pirates at least, you need to dock at one of that races' SEs to unlock them, for the Yaki & Pirates, I believe you need to dock with the relevant cargo (note, I'm pretty sure that's an "or" list, not an "and" list) in your holds but I don't actually recall doing either.

Also note that the Yaki & Pirates are separate factions & unlocking ones SE doesn't unlock the others.

Regarding the Mobile Mining fleet mentioned:
Another important change in X3AP is to the way Mobile Mining works, in X3TC it was possible to set up a fleet collecting rocks, & as long as you didn't take certain actions which broke it (mostly by causing the rocks being collected to reaggregate to the larger size that needed be broken down for collecting again) your miners could be left to collect indefinitely (IIRC this was actually something introduced in one of the patches), currently (last I played anyway, early 3.0?) in X3AP collectable rocks do not respawn even when the playership is Out of Sector.

IOW if your complexes are going to be reliant mobile mining fleets, they're going to have to mine station-class asteroids (which should respawn a few game-days after being broken down), which may necessitate periodically moving your fleet.

Tasogie
x3ap

Post by Tasogie » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 10:06

ooo ok thanks heaps mate, that helps alot, gives me somewhere to start.
WestHam for life (Sam Allardyce for Prime Minister)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”