X3AP can you build an ore mine - power plant complex?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nospammdi
x3ap

X3AP can you build an ore mine - power plant complex?

Post by nospammdi » Thu, 9. Jan 14, 01:18

sorry if this is a silly question, I just found out that I can combine several Ore Mines on one asteroid into a complex (correct?), so I was thinking, can I also connect a Solar Power Plant to that complex or would you rather recommend not doing this? :)

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 9. Jan 14, 01:58

You can't put several ore mines on a single asteroid. What you can do is build mines on several asteroids and connect them into a complex. In the same manner, you can connect an SPP, or any other factory, to the complex. There are some good guides on complex building in the Ultimate Guides sticky near the top of this forum.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Thu, 9. Jan 14, 07:45

You cannot build more than one mine on a single asteroid. You can connect two mines together though if you tractor beam them close together.

You can connect a Solar Power Plant to an Ore Mine. That would mean your complex needs Crystals instead of Energy.

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Thu, 9. Jan 14, 10:04

If you're going to add an SPP (or more) to your mine complex, you may not have to tractor the mines too far...

If your mines aren't close enough to connect directly (I can't remember what the complex construction kit range/reach requirement is, sorry), try dropping the additional station(s) between, you may end up with an ugly complex, but it still beats trying to tractor at low speeds ('cos you can't at high speeds).

nospammdi
x3ap

Post by nospammdi » Thu, 9. Jan 14, 11:15

thanks everyone!

OniGanon, you wrote
You cannot build more than one mine on a single asteroid. You can connect two mines together though if you tractor beam them close together.
that sounds a little conflicting to me? Can you explain please?

DiArmada
x3tc

Post by DiArmada » Thu, 9. Jan 14, 11:16

the range from your complex hub is 20 km, but I never go over 15 km.
you can tractor factories at max. speed (80 m/sec)
even if your ship can go faster, that's the max. speed when using the tractorbeam.
wtach out for slow traffic and stations while dragging that huge ball through the sector.
Last edited by DiArmada on Thu, 9. Jan 14, 11:53, edited 1 time in total.

DiArmada
x3tc

Post by DiArmada » Thu, 9. Jan 14, 11:23

nospammdi wrote:thanks everyone!

OniGanon, you wrote
that sounds a little conflicting to me? Can you explain please?
when you've dropped two mines on two asteroids in the same sector you can use a tractorbeam to bring those two mines close to each other.
then you can connect them with a complex construction kit.
with the CCK's you can connect hundreds of stations, but the distance between them can be an issue.

nospammdi
x3ap

Post by nospammdi » Thu, 9. Jan 14, 11:34

ok understand, thanks!

Erqco
x4

Post by Erqco » Thu, 9. Jan 14, 14:09

Not only 2 factories, I don't know if there is a limit but I have complexes that are over 150 factories.

There is a mod that keep the game in vanilla that clean the pipes connecting the factories .

I like to use the mod that come with the signed Bonus Package: Hephaistos Cop. you will need to assign a key for it,. the factories are more expensive but them are set more organized in the sector you only will need to connect them. Be careful with this mod and the Terrran factories also never try tu build the factories close to a gate.

There was a calculator that made very easy to made a list with the factories needed to do a closed complex.

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Thu, 9. Jan 14, 15:27

Solomon Short wrote:it still beats trying to tractor at low speeds ('cos you can't at high speeds).
I remember tractoring was pretty screwy in earlier games, but in X3AP you can pull things along at 80m/s. Not sure you'd really want to drag a giant rock around a populated sector much faster than that.

Besides, allowing much higher speeds than that would break certain things in the game. Can you imagine if you could drag an M2 to the max speed of a Split Dragon?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 9. Jan 14, 21:36

OniGanon wrote:
Solomon Short wrote:it still beats trying to tractor at low speeds ('cos you can't at high speeds).
I remember tractoring was pretty screwy in earlier games, but in X3AP you can pull things along at 80m/s. ...
In TC, too.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Thu, 9. Jan 14, 22:47

If tractoring Mines, I recommend going to the side where the mine sticks out, flying up to the end of the pointy bit (Antenna?), & targeting that as your tow point.

you may need to fly around the rock to get it oriented the way you want, but at least you have control over where the side that sticks out goes.

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Fri, 10. Jan 14, 00:27

There is actually a limit to how many stations you can complex together, but it isn't a hard-coded number.

It's based upon your computer specs. Larger complexes will cretae slower framerates while you are in-sector, so many people actually reccomend that you build your super-mega-complex in an out of thew way sector that you don't visit too frequesntly.
-- GD

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”